Ohio troopers fired over Klan outfit ...

Ohio troopers fired over Klan outfit prank

There are 69 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 6, 2008, titled Ohio troopers fired over Klan outfit prank. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

SANDUSKY: Two State Highway Patrol troopers have now lost their jobs over a prank involving what looked like a Ku Klux Klan outfit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Newport News, VA

#67 May 6, 2008
thinning of the herd wrote:
<quoted text>
AGREE
if they were black - there would not be an issue - just like it is ok for people of color to use the n word
yawn..here we go again with the 'if they were black'..so if blacks dressed up as klansmen? bush? hitler?..
..because of the way things are and were, there is no one blks can dress up as for a prank on this level (grin)
..please give the nword thing a rest..damn. How many times do we have to tell u it has 2 different meanings(if u dont understand, ask(u have a chance to reply intelligently))..geez, most ppl not of color use it in a certain way. Im not fond of the word.
Double Standard

Hillsborough, NC

#68 May 6, 2008
Eddie S wrote:
you gotta be kidding! Fire two cops over a joke whats next 5 years hard labor!All this so blacks can feel good another honky got his! ya here what I'm sayin . Let's send them boys over here to my hood. We'll take care of them all.!!!!!!!! Joke Joke poked a little fun...Spank me.
Instead of spanking you, why dont we fire you instead?
asg

United States

#69 May 6, 2008
Im so glad, thats just what we needed two less trained law officers. Lets face it there are probably hundreds of officers and patrolmen out on our streets that are racist to some extent, their just smart enough not to show it. Racism is alive and kicking in this country it always has and always will be, most of the comments are from a bunch of white people trying to make themselves feel better about their own deep seeded racist feelings, the same people who are quick to lock the car doors when a black man walks by, sorry folks but Im sure thats how alot of you really are.
BRICKSLAYER

Richmond, KY

#71 May 6, 2008
I'd love it if Ted Strickland got hit head on by a drunk driver, and the mayor of Akron was the drunk driver that hit him. I wonder what the odds are on that happening?
HOFFA

Salem, OH

#75 May 6, 2008
THEY WILL GET THEIR JOBS BACK AFTER IT GOES TO ARBITRATION, FIRING THEM IS JUST A FORMALITY. GOOD LUCK GUYS.
Armyblue

Cleveland, OH

#76 May 6, 2008
This is a joke. If they took the picture and displayed it at their post, then yes they should be fired. That obviously wasn't the case so give them their jobs back. Oh and hey Strickland, FIRE your Attorney General Marc Dann!!!
Something Wicked

Stow, OH

#77 May 7, 2008
Red wrote:
<quoted text>Sense of humor? These people are supposed to be objective enforcers of Ohio law. Crack open a history book, read about the myriad atrocities committed by the KKK and see if your opinion changes. These "officers" got exactly what they deserved.
The photo I saw was a juvenile, pathetic, cutout costume, that was funny. Your lack of humor and defensiveness is noted; and pittied.
Old Man Grump

Akron, OH

#78 May 7, 2008
Dead Weight wrote:
I was heading W on I-80 (ohio turnpike) moving with the flow of traffic had my cruise control set at 73 mph. Just west of Sandusky I come up on a construction area, we all continued to roll at 73 mph. I was picked out of the bunch of cars all rolling, by 2 troppers in the construction zone. I asked the tropper why was I pulled over he said speeding. Looking at his name tag I noticed it said ofc Franklin, the other tropper pulled a car over also. So I asked "Why did you pick me out?" Maybe because I was driving a $70,000 suv, or maybe because I was the middle car rolling, or maybe because it was the end of the month, and tropper Franklin needed to raise more money for the state of ohio. Well to make a long story short, after he ran my plates, checked my insurance, woke my kids up that were sleeping in the back, and released the white driver in front of me with nothing more then a verbal warning. I want to thank tropper Franklin for holding me up for almost a hour and giving both my 6 year old daughter and my 8 year old son a $100.00 ticket apiece for sleeping without a seatbealt on.
Thanks Tropper Franklin, I just have one question.....Why didn't you just give me a $200.00 ticket for driving while black?
My congrats to you for being black and wealthy. There aren't too many like you around including most middle class white who can afford a $70,000 SUV plus the gas to drive it. You deserved an $200 fine for not having your kids buckled up. Going 73 in 65 warrants a ticket as well. Pay the fines like we all have at one time or another, and move on with your GOOD life.
Wake up white Americas

Mansfield, OH

#79 May 7, 2008
A prank in poor taste is not cause to fire some one. Discipline perhaps but I did not hear them say... God D---! America. I guess it depends on what color you are as to what you can say!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Luther King Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-NAACP leader Dolezal, who allegedly passed f... (Oct '16) Feb '17 transgroid hustle 5
News 2 men questioned over MLK Day shooting of 8, th... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Brad 4
News Richmonders plan roundtable discussion to take ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 docjameson 1
News Known gang member admits to deadly MLK Day shoo... (Aug '16) Aug '16 haha 5
News Use Martin Luther King Day to support same-sex ... (Jan '16) Mar '16 blacksarefilthy 6
News Martin Luther King Day in Connecticut's Litchfi... (Jan '16) Jan '16 LMAO 1
News None of us should buy what Hillary is selling (Apr '06) May '15 TheOriginalDoby 5
More from around the web