Ohio troopers fired over Klan outfit prank

SANDUSKY: Two State Highway Patrol troopers have now lost their jobs over a prank involving what looked like a Ku Klux Klan outfit. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Meredith

San Francisco, CA

#3 May 6, 2008
well they got what they deserved. with all that spare time on their hands due to lack of being able to secure a job like a grown man. I think need to help out with the rebuilding of Edgewood homes and elizabeth park. oh yeah and while they are in that area they can swing past the akron canton food bank and stand in line to get a few free grocerys to feed their families.
Something Wicked

Stow, OH

#5 May 6, 2008
They should have destroyed the pictures. Tattletales and brown-nosers are worse than the pranksters. They shouldn't have lost their jobs over the handmade "costumes". Geez, children get a sense of humor.
racistisasracist does

Canal Fulton, OH

#6 May 6, 2008
Meredith wrote:
well they got what they deserved. with all that spare time on their hands due to lack of being able to secure a job like a grown man. I think need to help out with the rebuilding of Edgewood homes and elizabeth park. oh yeah and while they are in that area they can swing past the akron canton food bank and stand in line to get a few free grocerys to feed their families.
So you think they can "swing" past the food bank huh. That is the most racist remark i have seen yet. You are the one that should lose their job, at least these troopers never wanted their prank publicly displayed, which is exactly why i hope with everything in me they get their jobs back and thensome.
Alfie

Torrance, CA

#7 May 6, 2008
These costumes are no different than portrayals of whites in rap videos. Bad taste is not against the law.(Jerry Farwell V/S Larry Flynt Publications) They shouldn't have lost their jobs. Had they sent the tape in, it might have won on "Americas Funniest Videos".
Alfie

Torrance, CA

#8 May 6, 2008
racistisasracistdoes wrote:
<quoted text>So you think they can "swing" past the food bank huh. That is the most racist remark i have seen yet. You are the one that should lose their job, at least these troopers never wanted their prank publicly displayed, which is exactly why i hope with everything in me they get their jobs back and thensome.
Right on!
Concerned

Tallmadge, OH

#9 May 6, 2008
They should have lost their jobs. If they feel that the Klan is a joking matter I can only imagine the different ways they treat white people compared to black people when the law is broken. As far as rap is concerned they never make fun of killing jews or anything that is murder to whites just sterotypical stuff like "having no rhythm or the way they dress or speak" never about death. Get a grip. Anyone that thinks that wearing Klan gear is funny walk in the shoes of the black people who were hung from trees by men in those "costumes".
Chris_B

Shippingport, PA

#10 May 6, 2008
That's great. I don't condone what these men did, especially since troopers are usually A-holes anyway. But now can we demand that Marc Dann be immediately fired and not just have his resignation "requested". Yes I realize he is an elected official, but no double edged swords here. Also, Strickland should call for his own resignation for crumbling under the pressure of a born again nutcase and signing the strip club bill into law. Let's clean house completely people, this state's government is run by a fraternity of degenerates.
Donald Finnicum

Massillon, OH

#11 May 6, 2008

What a crime they committed and they get fired for this, come on. And Marc Dann is still collecting his pay check.
Alfie

Torrance, CA

#12 May 6, 2008
Concerned wrote:
They should have lost their jobs. If they feel that the Klan is a joking matter I can only imagine the different ways they treat white people compared to black people when the law is broken. As far as rap is concerned they never make fun of killing jews or anything that is murder to whites just sterotypical stuff like "having no rhythm or the way they dress or speak" never about death. Get a grip. Anyone that thinks that wearing Klan gear is funny walk in the shoes of the black people who were hung from trees by men in those "costumes".
You haven't seen many rap video's.
Concerned

Tallmadge, OH

#13 May 6, 2008
Alfie wrote:
<quoted text> You haven't seen many rap video's.
Yes I have. But your "white owned stations" are playing them and like I stated making more money off the rappers than the rappers themselves.
Use Common Sense

Kent, OH

#14 May 6, 2008
The troopers should have never been fired! Just two guys having a good time.
Alfie

Torrance, CA

#15 May 6, 2008
You never stated anything about what rappers make v/s the companies who peddle their garbage. There are videos (and plenty of them) that depict violence towards whites, and pretty much anyone else. Harmless stereo-types? O.K Reverend Wright.
Red

Uniontown, OH

#16 May 6, 2008
Something Wicked wrote:
They should have destroyed the pictures. Tattletales and brown-nosers are worse than the pranksters. They shouldn't have lost their jobs over the handmade "costumes". Geez, children get a sense of humor.
Sense of humor? These people are supposed to be objective enforcers of Ohio law. Crack open a history book, read about the myriad atrocities committed by the KKK and see if your opinion changes. These "officers" got exactly what they deserved.
Oh Yes

Cleveland, OH

#17 May 6, 2008
I am sure these two ex-officers won't make this mistake again. What may be funny to one person may not be funny to others. I am sure these two people are fine up standing citizens who made a very dumb mistake, and it cost them their jobs.

“Lohio Bound”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#18 May 6, 2008
OHP officers are among the most professional LEOs i've ever witnessed.

They serve to a very high standard, and these troopers didn't meet that standard.

Darn shame Ohio is receiving a long string of black eyes... most of the nation doesn't care much for us anyway. Scandals like this one, the AG mess, et. al., only serve to make Ohio a bigger joke than it already is.
Ryan

United States

#19 May 6, 2008
Alfie wrote:
These costumes are no different than portrayals of whites in rap videos. Bad taste is not against the law.(Jerry Farwell V/S Larry Flynt Publications) They shouldn't have lost their jobs. Had they sent the tape in, it might have won on "Americas Funniest Videos".
They weren't in a rap video. They were patrolmen who were on duty being paid by our tax dollars.

I don't think they needed to be fired, but I'm certainly not going to cry for them either.

They knew what they were doing was inappropriate behavior for State Highway Patrol troopers but they chose to do it and photograph it anyway. They were promoting racism and wasting time on our dime.

Too bad for them, but I'd expect members of the finest law enforcement agency in the state of Ohio would know better.
dontbeavag

Streetsboro, OH

#20 May 6, 2008
its a JOKE society needes to stop being such pu88ies seriously. honestly who cares. did someone get hurt or was it that someone got their feelngs hurt awww
Ryan

United States

#21 May 6, 2008
Chris_B wrote:
That's great. I don't condone what these men did, especially since troopers are usually A-holes anyway. But now can we demand that Marc Dann be immediately fired and not just have his resignation "requested". Yes I realize he is an elected official, but no double edged swords here. Also, Strickland should call for his own resignation for crumbling under the pressure of a born again nutcase and signing the strip club bill into law. Let's clean house completely people, this state's government is run by a fraternity of degenerates.
Marc Dann is elected by voters. He can't be fired - only impeached, tried and removed from office if he's guilty of a crime or neglecting his duties.

I don't think I'd call Strickland a degenerate for signing the bill limiting activities at strip clubs. I disagree with the decision but it doesn't make him a degenerate.
Ryan

United States

#22 May 6, 2008
Alfie wrote:
<quoted text> You haven't seen many rap video's.
There's no apostrophe in "videos." An apostrophe is used to designate a possessive or a contraction of two words, not to create a plural form of a noun.
Eddie S

Las Vegas, NV

#23 May 6, 2008
you gotta be kidding! Fire two cops over a joke whats next 5 years hard labor!All this so blacks can feel good another honky got his! ya here what I'm sayin . Let's send them boys over here to my hood. We'll take care of them all.!!!!!!!! Joke Joke poked a little fun...Spank me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Luther King Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Martin Luther King Day in Twin Cities: What's open Jan 21 Mpls 15
Celebrating Martin Luther King's dream in Lenoir (Jan '13) Jan 13 State of Florida 11
Frozen pipes plague local homes and businesses (Feb '14) Apr '14 Kee Wess Bears 4
Palin directs "race card" insult to Obama on ML... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 6
Chicago Children's Museum plans King Day play (Jan '14) Jan '14 reality is a cru... 1
Renowned Gospel Choir To Perform At Newtown Syn... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sol 1
Erin seeks new police officer (Dec '11) Nov '13 AlsoErin 13
More from around the web