Hundreds Participate in Tulsa MLK Parade

Hundreds Participate in Tulsa MLK Parade

There are 59 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jan 19, 2009, titled Hundreds Participate in Tulsa MLK Parade. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A parade was held in Tulsa Monday morning to help celebrate the annual Martin Luther King Day holiday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Totally Rational Tulsans

United States

#42 Jan 19, 2009
dan wrote:
SumR, thanks for proving my point. You cant name one national holiday named after a white man. I have nothing against MLK. Give the race thing a rest. After tomorrow Presidents day will have nothing to do with white people. A half white (the part of Barack that he has denounced) and half black man will be our President. I did not vote for him but will respect him as our President. I just get sick of the race crap!!
Again, most white men are no good. The Conservative white men are racists, and nobody is going to celebrate a federal holiday for them.
There have been some good liberal white men, but the white conservatives hate them because they were not white racists and would never support a holiday for them

“Expecting baby # 3”

Since: Jun 08

Tulsa, Ok

#43 Jan 19, 2009
What MLK fought for is what people are still fighting about....he helped to end segregation and all you racist people that still dislike someone because of the color of their skin are what keeps hate amongst us. Move on already. Color of skin has nothing to do with the intelligence of a person or how kind hearted they are so GET OVER IT!!!
Original Eastside

United States

#46 Jan 19, 2009
Totally Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
White people have too many flaws. Even the historical ones. George Washington, for instance, was a slave owner.
Then most of the other white historical figures were racists. Whites have too many flaws to be deserving of a national holiday.
Your comments ALWAYS prove how foolish you are. Keep up the good work!
Totally Rational Tulsans

United States

#47 Jan 19, 2009
funny wrote:
Totally irrational tulsa, You call me a white fool, yet make statemwents like this
"White people have too many flaws. "
No matter that WHITE people built civilization, long before slaves from Africa showed up here. We created math, science,arts, much more than anyone from Africa can lay claim to. Racist?
look in the mirror.
Not saying what happened in the past was right, not by a long shot. Answer this though, where is Africa today?
Under African rule?
Are they truly better off than under Colonial rule?
Whats the poverty rate there?
The aIDS rate?
The amount of people starving to death?
How about the common thought that having sex with a virgin is a cure for AIDS, no matter if that virgin is an infant?
This is a COMMON PRACTICE in Africa. yeah, no flaws there.
Id also be interested to know why, if they think slavery is such an awful thing, that Africans sold others into slavery, & still continue the practice to this day. But only whites have flaws?
Go read a book, educate yourself. grow up while youre at it.
Boy, are you way off. The Black man sailed the Nile River, in Black nations like Songhay, Ghanam Mali. Blacks had massive civilizations when white people in Europe were crawling around on the ground eating raw meat.
In America, Blacks invented the Lawmower, the gas stove, the automatic transmission, the air conditioner, the fountain pen, the cotton gin, the automatic street light, etc.
Civilization was taught to the white Greeks by the Black Egyptians. We even taught the white man christianity. Prior to Constatine accepting Christianity, a Black based religion, white people were worshipping Zeus, Hercules, stuff like that.
Black people were the first human beings on this planet. All anthropologist conclude that modern man developed in South Africa --- the Great Rift Valley of the original Black man. The White man spawn from the Black man after the great migration out of Africa and into Europe.
The white man is the child of the Black man. All of you developed from us
Lovin every minute of it

Edmond, OK

#48 Jan 19, 2009
funny wrote:
Totally irrational tulsa, You call me a white fool, yet make statemwents like this
"White people have too many flaws. "
No matter that WHITE people built civilization, long before slaves from Africa showed up here. We created math, science,arts, much more than anyone from Africa can lay claim to. Racist?
look in the mirror.
Not saying what happened in the past was right, not by a long shot. Answer this though, where is Africa today?
Under African rule?
Are they truly better off than under Colonial rule?
Whats the poverty rate there?
The aIDS rate?
The amount of people starving to death?
How about the common thought that having sex with a virgin is a cure for AIDS, no matter if that virgin is an infant?
This is a COMMON PRACTICE in Africa. yeah, no flaws there.
Id also be interested to know why, if they think slavery is such an awful thing, that Africans sold others into slavery, & still continue the practice to this day. But only whites have flaws?
Go read a book, educate yourself. grow up while youre at it.
Oops- is Egypt not in Africa??
They were some of the very smartest people on earth- maybe you need to educate your self a little.
Look- truth is, and I am white, but really it was the od (jealous and scared) old white men that decided to not let the blacks learn to read or write of become very educated- and without black slaves to work in the fields and do all the heavy and hard to do manual labor, America probably wouldn't be what it is- have you seen the pictures, they showed them tonight from the Library of Congress of the slaves who build the ?white house" and truly most of Washington DC? Did you know that when the slaves were freed, the white farm owners found other minorities to work their filds- otherwise they would have lost their crops.
Do you not have some compassion for the ways that the blacks and most other "brown" (if you will) people are treated/ have been treated?? You don't want them to be educated, yet you go about how ignorant they are...what do you want???
Totally Rational Tulsans

United States

#52 Jan 19, 2009
ook ook wrote:
Sorry, blacks were NOT Egyptians. get your facts straight & stop skewing REAL history to suit your needs.
As for those inventions, look it up for yourself. Those things were arounf LONG before blacks claimed to have invented them.
The first lawn mower was invented by English engineer Edwin Beard Budding in 1827.
British inventor, James Sharp patented a gas stove in 1826, the first successful gas stove to appear on the market.
An American innovation, the automatic dates to Boston&#146;s Sturtevant brothers in 1904
The first working air conditioner was invented by Willis Haviland Carrier in 1902
Despite what you may read in various books, encyclopedias, magazine articles, and other sources, the origins of the fountain pen are lost in the mists of time. The earliest mentions of fountain pens go back hundreds of years; one of the earliest citations found to date is from the the 10th century.
The earliest surviving fountain pens date to the early 18th (or possibly later 17th) century; they are made of metal, and most used cut quills as nibs, although gold-nibbed examples are also known. These are often called "Bion" pens, after the French royal instrument maker Nicolas Bion (1652-1733) who described them in a treatise first published in 1709. Bion made no claim to be their inventor, nor is there any evidence that he ever made such pens himself -- let alone, held a patent on them.
Eli Whitney was the inventor of the cotton gin
The very first traffic light was a revolving gas lantern with red and green lights installed in a London intersection in 1868, before the advent of automobiles.
So, try a little studying. While you're at it, try some basic understanding of anthropology & evolution. But hey, why bother?
Keep us all amused with your stupid statements.
Again, this is a white boy that looks at too many movies starring Elizabeth Taylor. The Black Nubians, ruled Egypt. Those were the latest of Black rulers. The ancient Egyptians were a race of Black men.
Notice how a white boy wants to be African if there were civilizations there? But in what is now known as Sudan also had civilizations. Mali, Songhay, Ghana in Africa had civilizations.
Ethiopia, a black nation, also had civilizations. White boy is mixed up. Again, when it comes to civilizations and religion the white racist boy wants to be African.
Jesus walked the grounds of ancient Ethiopia and ancient Egypt, Black nations at the time. All of the biblical characters were Black and Brown people, and there were no mention of whites in the bible until reference was made of the Roman Occupancy in the New Testament.
But when it comes to those Black Africans, the white boy wants to say that he was there. This is hilarious!
Yes, Egypt is in Northeast Africa. And when the original pyramids were built, in 5000 BC, Egypt consisted of Black Africans, almost totally indistinguisable from the Black Ethiopians.
White boy has been trying to make Egypt White for decades.
Brenda H OConnall

Tulsa, OK

#54 Jan 19, 2009
<quoted text>
Again, this is a white boy that looks at too many movies starring Elizabeth Taylor. The Black Nubians, ruled Egypt. Those were the latest of Black rulers. The ancient Egyptians were a race of Black men.
Notice how a white boy wants to be African if there were civilizations there? But in what is now known as Sudan also had civilizations. Mali, Songhay, Ghana in Africa had civilizations.
Ethiopia, a black nation, also had civilizations. White boy is mixed up. Again, when it comes to civilizations and religion the white racist boy wants to be African.
Jesus walked the grounds of ancient Ethiopia and ancient Egypt, Black nations at the time. All of the biblical characters were Black and Brown people, and there were no mention of whites in the bible until reference was made of the Roman Occupancy in the New Testament.
But when it comes to those Black Africans, the white boy wants to say that he was there. This is hilarious!
Yes, Egypt is in Northeast Africa. And when the original pyramids were built, in 5000 BC, Egypt consisted of Black Africans, almost totally indistinguisable from the Black Ethiopians.
White boy has been trying to make Egypt White for decades.
White boy has been trying to make this forum his own for far too long it belongs to the Ethiopians now. My name may sound Irish but deep down inside I am a very black ethiopian and proud to be so.
Totally Rational Tulsans

United States

#55 Jan 19, 2009
Part of our repair in the reparations movement is to correct blatant white supremacy distortions of history, Case in point: Egypt belongs to Africa!

Herodotus, the great Greek Historian, after an eyewitness account of the Egyptians, informed his people that the Egyptians were Black then demonstrated, with rare honesty (for a Greek), that Greece borrowed from Egypt all elements of her civilization even the cult of gods, and that Egypt was the cradle of civilization.”
Our scholars, deep thinkers, and researchers should never again raise the question of who were the ancient Egyptians. This question has been resolved. Clearly the people of ancient Egypt/Kemet, were Black people! "Kemet", the name for ancient Egypt, means a nation of "Black men."
Again, the great Greek historian,
Herodotus, wrote an eyewitness account of their ethnicity. The Great Spinx is the image clearly of a Black man. Also, hundreds of the Egyptian statues were painted Black.
Another case in point: White people are NOT SEMETIC. Read the book, "The Thirteenth Tribe" by Arthur Koestler. There were no white jews until 740 AD.
The original Jews were BLACK. Clearly, even the history channel dated the BLACK Lembus Jews of South Africa back to 3500 BC. That's when they migrated out of Egypt.
Nope, the ancient Egyptians were a Race of Black men
Totally Rational Tulsans

United States

#56 Jan 19, 2009
Brenda H OConnall wrote:
<quoted text>White boy has been trying to make this forum his own for far too long it belongs to the Ethiopians now. My name may sound Irish but deep down inside I am a very black ethiopian and proud to be so.
Very kool Brenda. They (whites) are on the warpath now. With the Black President, MLK celebration, they feel as if their race is sinking into the abyss.
Totally Rational Tulsans

United States

#57 Jan 19, 2009
http://www.edofolks.com/html/pub35.htm

Like above is a book written by a CONSERVATIVE White man name Richard Poe entitled, "Did African Explorers Civilize Ancient Europe?"
Again a Conservative Whie man wrote this book and proved that the ancient Egyptians, before the French, Romans, Greeks etc. cross mixed with the natives there, were, what would be considered "Black people" today.
And these people actually civilized ancient white people. Black people civilized these barbarians, and now they deny it.
Totally Rational Tulsans

United States

#58 Jan 19, 2009
In one part of his book, as written in the link, Poe scrutinizes the words of the ancient Greek historian Herodotus (450 BC), who observed that the Colchians looked like the Egyptians (he described them as "melagchroes," which means "black-skinned," and "onlotriches," which means "woolly-haired") and, like them, practiced circumcision. Poe discusses archeological evidence including Colchian linen, which, like Egyptian linen, was woven on "a vertical two-beam loom, whose distinctive pyramid-shaped weights have been found in abundance in Georgian archaeological sites."
Totally Rational Tulsans

United States

#59 Jan 19, 2009
I smoked that white boy in this debate
the truth

Bixby, OK

#60 Jan 20, 2009
he did set a example check out this site he was a phoney even stole the I have a dream speak.
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/mlking....

“Love those sharks”

Since: Nov 08

Tulsa

#61 Jan 20, 2009
the truth wrote:
he did set a example check out this site he was a phoney even stole the I have a dream speak.
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/mlking....
I like item number 3 best....
elli

Inola, OK

#62 Jan 20, 2009
<quoted text>
Yeah, but redneck Tulsa influences you. If you lived in a more progressive American city, had interaction with different races, you would not necessarily be a right winger.
Tulsa can easily make any weak minded white person a right winger. That's because of this BS White Christianity crap, and the fact that Tulsa is one of the most racist cities in the entire nation.
If you had more exposure to different cultures, you would not be a right winger
Yes I believe you are right about Tulsan's in general, however most do not understand because they only have their expierences to go on. I am caucasion, grew up overseas where the culture was completely different. I believe people learn better in an atmosphere of love and understanding, rather than confrontation. However there will always be those who never seek knowledge outside their our culture. I voted for Obama after a lifetime of being a registered republican because he was better qualified, ranked highest in his class as opposed to Mccain who ranked in the botton third. We need a president to lead all of us, to a more prosperous, peaceful future. It starts with understanding, respecting and compassion for others beliefs.
Keith

Claremore, OK

#64 Jan 20, 2009
<quoted text>
Yeah, but redneck Tulsa influences you. If you lived in a more progressive American city, had interaction with different races, you would not necessarily be a right winger.
Tulsa can easily make any weak minded white person a right winger. That's because of this BS White Christianity crap, and the fact that Tulsa is one of the most racist cities in the entire nation.
If you had more exposure to different cultures, you would not be a right winger
that sounded racist.
ook ook

Tulsa, OK

#65 Jan 20, 2009
Funny how TRT wouldnt even comment after I postred facts about her invented inventors. A few facts were thrown out about Egypt, but none were refuted. Egyptians werent black africans. Plain & simple.
seen it

Tulsa, OK

#66 Jan 20, 2009
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the white American named presidents? Tomorrow we will have a black President who should also be honnored on Presidents Day. So, what national holiday is named after a white male? People keep proving my point. Some are uneducated and others cant read so well.
Abe Lincoln and G Washingtons birthdays were melded into one day called Presidents Day. Obummer won't be celebrated on that day but I am sure he will have his own holiday soon.

“RIP”

Since: Nov 08

Tulsa

#67 Jan 20, 2009
Part of our repair in the reparations movement is to correct blatant white supremacy distortions of history, Case in point: Egypt belongs to Africa!
Herodotus, the great Greek Historian, after an eyewitness account of the Egyptians, informed his people that the Egyptians were Black then demonstrated, with rare honesty (for a Greek), that Greece borrowed from Egypt all elements of her civilization even the cult of gods, and that Egypt was the cradle of civilization.”
Our scholars, deep thinkers, and researchers should never again raise the question of who were the ancient Egyptians. This question has been resolved. Clearly the people of ancient Egypt/Kemet, were Black people! "Kemet", the name for ancient Egypt, means a nation of "Black men."
Again, the great Greek historian,
Herodotus, wrote an eyewitness account of their ethnicity. The Great Spinx is the image clearly of a Black man. Also, hundreds of the Egyptian statues were painted Black.
Another case in point: White people are NOT SEMETIC. Read the book, "The Thirteenth Tribe" by Arthur Koestler. There were no white jews until 740 AD.
The original Jews were BLACK. Clearly, even the history channel dated the BLACK Lembus Jews of South Africa back to 3500 BC. That's when they migrated out of Egypt.
Nope, the ancient Egyptians were a Race of Black men
Where the heck are you getting your information from?

Point: Back in ancient Greece, anyone that wasn't "white" was considered "black". The Moores, who were black and Muslim, were known enemies of the Anglo-Saxton Christians. Back in those days, anyone defeated by a greater ruler took the defeated enemy as slaves. Even the King or Ruler, they were prized slaves.

I've never read a historical book or article that even remotely agrees with what you're talking about. Is there some sort of super secret research you're doing? I'm just absolutely floored you're logic is so distorted. I know it's purely for getting people riled up and argumentative, but to even think that sort of thing then put into words and posted on a public forum is absolutely ignorant.

And...if blacks are so much better than whites....why on earth do they insist on killing each other in the streets every day?

Africa is a lawless country IN PART. Not all of it is violence, starvation, and guerilla warfare. I forget what country it is, but there's one that was settled by defeated confederate soldiers unwilling to give up the life they had as southern slave holding gentlemen after the war had ended. So, a good number of them moved there and continued their lifestyle for many years after the war. IN AFRICA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Luther King Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Known gang member admits to deadly MLK Day shoo... Aug '16 haha 4
News Use Martin Luther King Day to support same-sex ... (Jan '16) Mar '16 blacksarefilthy 6
News Martin Luther King Day in Connecticut's Litchfi... (Jan '16) Jan '16 LMAO 1
News None of us should buy what Hillary is selling (Apr '06) May '15 TheOriginalDoby 5
News Martin Luther King Day in Twin Cities: What's open (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mpls 15
News Celebrating Martin Luther King's dream in Lenoir (Jan '13) Jan '15 State of Florida 11
News Frozen pipes plague local homes and businesses (Feb '14) Apr '14 Kee Wess Bears 4
More from around the web