Hundreds Participate in Tulsa MLK Parade

Hundreds Participate in Tulsa MLK Parade

There are 59 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jan 19, 2009, titled Hundreds Participate in Tulsa MLK Parade. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A parade was held in Tulsa Monday morning to help celebrate the annual Martin Luther King Day holiday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ThePatriot

Claremore, OK

#1 Jan 19, 2009
What a historical week. Even if you dont support OUR new President you have to agree this week is historical. The Irony of the inauguration following MLK day kinda gives me goose bumps.
seen it

Tulsa, OK

#2 Jan 19, 2009
woohoo

“"Read my Lips"”

Since: Sep 08

Norman, OK

#3 Jan 19, 2009
ThePatriot wrote:
What a historical week. Even if you dont support OUR new President you have to agree this week is historical. The Irony of the inauguration following MLK day kinda gives me goose bumps.
Every week is historical!
dan

Owasso, OK

#4 Jan 19, 2009
Patriot can you name a national holiday named after a white american? Political Correctness has run amuck.

“DAISY...DAISY...”

Since: May 08

Tulsa, OK

#5 Jan 19, 2009
ThePatriot wrote:
You need to use a dictionary, this situation is nothing like irony.

“DAISY...DAISY...”

Since: May 08

Tulsa, OK

#6 Jan 19, 2009
dan wrote:
Patriot can you name a national holiday named after a white american? Political Correctness has run amuck.
Presidents' Day is in honor of both George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. I suppose you'll split the hair that it's not actually NAMED after one of them.
SumR

Bixby, OK

#7 Jan 19, 2009
Hey Dan.

Yeah. There aren't any holidays dedicated to white people.?????? Gosh, what will we poor white people do? Blah on political correctness. Yeah, this is getting waaaay out of hand.

**please do not let the sarcasm flow above your head too far!**

Go ahead and shut up now! No one is holding a gun to your head to make you honor this holiday. Get over it. President's Day is around the corner. We can all honor white guys then. Thanks.

Have a great day. God Bless!
Tulsa-Mom

Clayton, OK

#8 Jan 19, 2009
Although I am NOT an Obama fan I have to say that no matter who our president is, we as a nation need to uplift him and pray for him. This is the most difficult job there is and it doesn't matter what color you are, you need prayer. We should do this for all political offices...even our Tulsa mayor. Which is difficult...LOL

“BOOMER SOONER”

Sand Springs, OK

#9 Jan 19, 2009
Atheist_Mommy wrote:
<quoted text>
Presidents' Day is in honor of both George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. I suppose you'll split the hair that it's not actually NAMED after one of them.
You are very right! Maybe white people are just jealous they don't get off work for Presidents day.

“"Read my Lips"”

Norman, OK

#10 Jan 19, 2009
Megan1112 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very right! Maybe white people are just jealous they don't get off work for Presidents day.
that's a stupid statement.
dan

Owasso, OK

#11 Jan 19, 2009
SumR, thanks for proving my point. You cant name one national holiday named after a white man. I have nothing against MLK. Give the race thing a rest. After tomorrow Presidents day will have nothing to do with white people. A half white (the part of Barack that he has denounced) and half black man will be our President. I did not vote for him but will respect him as our President. I just get sick of the race crap!!
dan

Owasso, OK

#12 Jan 19, 2009
ThePatriot wrote:
MLK wanted people judged by the content of their charicter not the color of their skin. So why is so historical about this week? Your excitement goes against what MLK wanted.

“BOOMER SOONER”

Sand Springs, OK

#13 Jan 19, 2009
Sweetness1 wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a stupid statement.
oh bite me seriously. It wasn't me thinking that. I was simply thinking maybe that's why most white people make a big deal about MLK day. I could care less about it one way or the other.

“BOOMER SOONER”

Sand Springs, OK

#14 Jan 19, 2009
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
MLK wanted people judged by the content of their charicter not the color of their skin. So why is so historical about this week? Your excitement goes against what MLK wanted.
Good point.

“BOOMER SOONER”

Sand Springs, OK

#15 Jan 19, 2009
I didn't mean i could care less about the holiday i guess i should have elaborated, i meant i could care less about being off work.
dan

Owasso, OK

#16 Jan 19, 2009
Megan1112 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
People argue this holiday and never even took the time to listen to what the man said. I have no problem honnoring a great man, but do not honnor the color of his skin but the content of his character.

“BOOMER SOONER”

Sand Springs, OK

#17 Jan 19, 2009
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
People argue this holiday and never even took the time to listen to what the man said. I have no problem honnoring a great man, but do not honnor the color of his skin but the content of his character.
You're definitely right, and i totally agree with you!

“"Read my Lips"”

Norman, OK

#18 Jan 19, 2009
Megan1112 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh bite me seriously. It wasn't me thinking that. I was simply thinking maybe that's why most white people make a big deal about MLK day. I could care less about it one way or the other.
Grow Up, Seriously!!

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#19 Jan 19, 2009
Sweetness1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow Up, Seriously!!
I think that everytime I read her post.
newsbuff

Tulsa, OK

#20 Jan 19, 2009
why does everything have to be black or white still, black holiday white...black president white president..I swear, why can't spend the time enjoying the day off (for some) and celebrate the young people (and adults) who have worked so hard to put on a nice parade...stop all the bickering, economy in the dumps,AEP attaching more charges can't hardly buy groceries, crime at an all time high...and yall still worried about color...get a real complaint.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Luther King Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-NAACP leader Dolezal, who allegedly passed f... (Oct '16) Feb '17 transgroid hustle 5
News 2 men questioned over MLK Day shooting of 8, th... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Brad 4
News Richmonders plan roundtable discussion to take ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 docjameson 1
News Known gang member admits to deadly MLK Day shoo... (Aug '16) Aug '16 haha 5
News Use Martin Luther King Day to support same-sex ... (Jan '16) Mar '16 blacksarefilthy 6
News Martin Luther King Day in Connecticut's Litchfi... (Jan '16) Jan '16 LMAO 1
News None of us should buy what Hillary is selling (Apr '06) May '15 TheOriginalDoby 5
More from around the web