School Sorry For 'Insensitive' MLK Jr...

School Sorry For 'Insensitive' MLK Jr. Lunch

There are 28 comments on the WFMZ story from Jan 15, 2010, titled School Sorry For 'Insensitive' MLK Jr. Lunch. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Denver Public School officials are apologizing after a parent complained that a school lunch meant to honor Dr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carol

Denver, CO

#22 Jan 17, 2010
Really are we living in an alice in wonderland? Where everything is upside down? I do remember good obumer had a big bbq at the white house. GIVE ME A BREAK.

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

#23 Jan 17, 2010
Maybe if the school lunch staff had had the foresight to remind concerned neighbourhood parents that this was, according to the article, citing "Elaine Hall, from the Archives Department at the King Center in Atlanta,", then the parent wouldn't have complained...

I mean, damn... it was his favourite meal. It was a *meal*, not a 'racial stereotype'... it became such when the complaint was followed up by substitution rather than clarification... right?

Zm

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#24 Jan 17, 2010
above is missing ..."his favourite meal" between

---Atlanta,", then---

sorry)))
Joe Gallo

Emmaus, PA

#25 Jan 18, 2010
Just a senseless holiday. Wait'll we have Obama's birthday as a holiday someday. Nobody will be able to afford to take the day off!

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#26 Jan 18, 2010
HAPPY MLK DAY y'all!

Enjoy your government-sponsored holiday, eh???

From grey n cloudy Denver CO... Where the parade leaves in about 3hrs...

ZENy
confused 14 yo

Victoria, Canada

#27 Jan 18, 2010
This is just plain stupid. sure i guess if you looked this whole thing right in the face. It could look like a racial stereotype, but in my oppinion fried chicken is good, tastes fine. Is it assosciated with black people? well yes. But who cares? i really dont think that anyone here was trying to be racist, but nowadays everyone takes every little thing too seriously for our own good and it's just not good for the economy i say let's just all get along. Seriously, even by taking notice to things like that their just singling out minorities, and furthermore how are they really minorities? theres more asians and black people in this world than there are whites. So how the hell did this happen?
pinebeetle

Denver, CO

#28 Jan 18, 2010
ZENmud wrote:
HAPPY MLK DAY y'all!
Enjoy your government-sponsored holiday, eh???
From grey n cloudy Denver CO... Where the parade leaves in about 3hrs...
ZENy
It's a goddman Marade.

“crystelZENmud”

Reality City

#29 Jan 18, 2010
You're right; I learned that after I started looking for the route.

z)))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Luther King Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-NAACP leader Dolezal, who allegedly passed f... Feb 26 transgroid hustle 5
News 2 men questioned over MLK Day shooting of 8, th... Jan '17 Brad 4
News Richmonders plan roundtable discussion to take ... Jan '17 docjameson 1
News Known gang member admits to deadly MLK Day shoo... (Aug '16) Aug '16 haha 5
News Use Martin Luther King Day to support same-sex ... (Jan '16) Mar '16 blacksarefilthy 6
News Martin Luther King Day in Connecticut's Litchfi... (Jan '16) Jan '16 LMAO 1
News None of us should buy what Hillary is selling (Apr '06) May '15 TheOriginalDoby 5
More from around the web