Obama Ties Passage of Health Insuranc...

Obama Ties Passage of Health Insurance Bill to American 'Decency'

There are 74 comments on the www.foxnews.com story from Jan 17, 2010, titled Obama Ties Passage of Health Insurance Bill to American 'Decency'. In it, www.foxnews.com reports that:

As Democratic fears increase that health insurance reform could slip away with a crucial vote for a new U.S. senator in Massachusetts, President Obama on Sunday used a church pulpit at a Martin Luther King Day service to say the massive health bill would be a victory for "decency." As Democratic fears increase that health insurance reform could ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.foxnews.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Tamaqua, PA

#1 Jan 17, 2010
I feel like puking after reading this article.
Conservative

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Jan 17, 2010
This socialist pig as all but snubbed his nose at ANY recognition of religion since he ascended the thrown. Now that he sees EVERYTHING slipping through his fingers he has the unmitigated gall to stand behind a pulpit at a MKL service and declare passing his socialist agenda is a "victory for decency"?! What a f--king hypocritical asshole! Martin Luther is surly rolling in his grave. When Brown wins we can give nobama's introduction to socialism bill the sudden death it richly deserves, and with it drive the first nail in his political coffin! Massachusetts it's up to you. If you DO NOT want gov't run healthcare all you have to do is the RIGHT thing, and vote for Brown! Then once we've tossed the liberal congress out in 2010 and their socialist demigod in 2012. We can get back to bickering over what compared to what this guy is trying to do to us are merely differences of opinion. At least we know ALL of us are Americans!
oneeye

Honesdale, PA

#3 Jan 17, 2010
The tax emempt status of that church should be removed immediately! It is against the law to speak ANY politics from the pulpit in a church. Just like obama to try to use God again...let's not forget the Wright problem and how obama said he was a Christian...at least until the first day in office when the very first bill he signed had to do with abortion. The guy and his party are sleezy...can't deny that!

Since: Sep 09

Stroudsburg PA

#4 Jan 17, 2010
I caught the beginning of this service on news this am - had to turn it off as BO sat there before he had the pulpit - he'd nod his head and stick his nose up in the air as if he is so stinking better than anyone else. I simply couldn't watch it. First i was shocked to see BO in a church - wow! Odd for a self-professed believer to not be able to find a church to worship in. I'm not judging! just saying it's "odd".
Tony

Bradenton, FL

#5 Jan 17, 2010
obama seems to have missed the decency of taking care of fellow americans before providing for another country.

Since: Sep 09

Kissimmee, FL

#6 Jan 17, 2010
When you become dependent on the decision of a Democrat bureaucrat for crucial medical treatment -- after the health care takeover -- how much power does that give the Democrats over you?

Elderly voters tend to vote more conservative than younger voters, so letting the elderly die because care is "too expensive" can reshape the political profile of the electorate. But can we reasonably foresee that party registration or political contributions might enter the bureaucrat's calculus?

Might it occur to the intense partisans of the Obama administration to grant lifesaving treatment to those they regard as "their people," but not to others? What a neat way to eliminate the opposition! Party registration is already public information. And if they can overturn the secret ballot for union elections via "card check," how long before they try to impose the same more generally, so they will always know how you have voted? Do not trust the judiciary to save us, either, after President Obama packs the courts with more ultra-leftists.

Chilling, isn't it? But not extreme: Obama himself has notoriously displayed his disregard for human life by the stated willingness to sacrifice "grandma" to a pain pill and his coarse support for unrestricted abortion -- even opposition to the Infant Born Alive Act, which he has tried to obfuscate.

When the Democrats achieve literal death-grip power over the lives of all our citizens, that's when they also achieve their long-cherished dream of absolute power in a virtual one-party state. Now is it becoming transparent (so to speak) what the real scheme behind their mania for "health-care reform" is? Now does it all make sense? This is not your father's Democrat party.

This issue is not about health care, ultimately. It is about raw political power and the long-promised radical takeover of the United States. For anyone who hasn't thought of all this before, I guarantee that Obama and his party's other leaders have.
David

Thiensville, WI

#7 Jan 17, 2010
Too bad no great loss. meanwhile life goes on.
DEADWARD Kennedy

Centreville, MD

#8 Jan 17, 2010
Conservative wrote:
This socialist pig as all but snubbed his nose at ANY recognition of religion since he ascended the thrown. Now that he sees EVERYTHING slipping through his fingers he has the unmitigated gall to stand behind a pulpit at a MKL service and declare passing his socialist agenda is a "victory for decency"?! What a f--king hypocritical asshole! Martin Luther is surly rolling in his grave. When Brown wins we can give nobama's introduction to socialism bill the sudden death it richly deserves, and with it drive the first nail in his political coffin! Massachusetts it's up to you. If you DO NOT want gov't run healthcare all you have to do is the RIGHT thing, and vote for Brown! Then once we've tossed the liberal congress out in 2010 and their socialist demigod in 2012. We can get back to bickering over what compared to what this guy is trying to do to us are merely differences of opinion. At least we know ALL of us are Americans!
Yes, Obama is indeed a pig.
Joe Gallo

Emmaus, PA

#9 Jan 18, 2010
Did America make a mistake by crushing the Italian mafia? Would the country have the kind of gangs and gang violence it has today? Would this nitwit be president?
oneeye

Honesdale, PA

#10 Jan 18, 2010
BusMan wrote:
When you become dependent on the decision of a Democrat bureaucrat for crucial medical treatment -- after the health care takeover -- how much power does that give the Democrats over you?
Elderly voters tend to vote more conservative than younger voters, so letting the elderly die because care is "too expensive" can reshape the political profile of the electorate. But can we reasonably foresee that party registration or political contributions might enter the bureaucrat's calculus?
Might it occur to the intense partisans of the Obama administration to grant lifesaving treatment to those they regard as "their people," but not to others? What a neat way to eliminate the opposition! Party registration is already public information. And if they can overturn the secret ballot for union elections via "card check," how long before they try to impose the same more generally, so they will always know how you have voted? Do not trust the judiciary to save us, either, after President Obama packs the courts with more ultra-leftists.
Chilling, isn't it? But not extreme: Obama himself has notoriously displayed his disregard for human life by the stated willingness to sacrifice "grandma" to a pain pill and his coarse support for unrestricted abortion -- even opposition to the Infant Born Alive Act, which he has tried to obfuscate.
When the Democrats achieve literal death-grip power over the lives of all our citizens, that's when they also achieve their long-cherished dream of absolute power in a virtual one-party state. Now is it becoming transparent (so to speak) what the real scheme behind their mania for "health-care reform" is? Now does it all make sense? This is not your father's Democrat party.
This issue is not about health care, ultimately. It is about raw political power and the long-promised radical takeover of the United States. For anyone who hasn't thought of all this before, I guarantee that Obama and his party's other leaders have.
Wonderful post Busman...I have passed it along to my daughters...hope you do not mind
Blessings

Since: Sep 09

Effort

#11 Jan 18, 2010
Conservative wrote:
This socialist pig as all but snubbed his nose at ANY recognition of religion since he ascended the thrown. Now that he sees EVERYTHING slipping through his fingers he has the unmitigated gall to stand behind a pulpit at a MKL service and declare passing his socialist agenda is a "victory for decency"?! What a f--king hypocritical asshole! Martin Luther is surly rolling in his grave. When Brown wins we can give nobama's introduction to socialism bill the sudden death it richly deserves, and with it drive the first nail in his political coffin! Massachusetts it's up to you. If you DO NOT want gov't run healthcare all you have to do is the RIGHT thing, and vote for Brown! Then once we've tossed the liberal congress out in 2010 and their socialist demigod in 2012. We can get back to bickering over what compared to what this guy is trying to do to us are merely differences of opinion. At least we know ALL of us are Americans!
This all sounds great till you realize that the same 'assholes' are sitting in the republican seats, no different than whats in there now. The only way we will ever change is to get the sitting politicians OUT and keep them from running, replacing them with hard working americans who have no political ownership, political debts, or party favors to return or collect. Until then it's a choice between red shorts or blue shorts.

Since: Sep 09

Kissimmee, FL

#12 Jan 18, 2010
They would never approve of term limits. You must remember that most of these polititions have never held a real job so they can only sell their name after leaving office. Most are lawyers and with their reps while in office who would hire them so that only leaves the one job open to them. Becoming a lobbyest. See you still can't get rid of them. Al Gore.
Conservative

Dahlonega, GA

#13 Jan 18, 2010
fistv wrote:
<quoted text>
This all sounds great till you realize that the same 'assholes' are sitting in the republican seats, no different than whats in there now. The only way we will ever change is to get the sitting politicians OUT and keep them from running, replacing them with hard working americans who have no political ownership, political debts, or party favors to return or collect. Until then it's a choice between red shorts or blue shorts.
I usually end my posts by adding;

2010 Start voting those who have supported a socialist agenda on BOTH sides of the isle OUT! Vote in some Pro-American, taxpayer, capitalist IN!

Since: Sep 09

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Jan 19, 2010
The impudent tyranny of Sen. Harry Reid

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada is proving once again the
maxim that darkness hates the light.

Buried in his massive amendment to the Senate version of Obamacare is Reid's anti-democratic poison pill designed to prevent any future Congress from repealing the central feature of this monstrous legislation.

Beginning on page 1,000 of the measure, Section 3403 reads in part: "it shall not be in order in the Senate or the House of Representatives to consider any bill, resolution, amendment or conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection."

In other words, if President Barack Obama signs this measure into law, no future Senate or House will be able to change a single word of Section 3403, regardless whether future Americans or their representatives in Congress wish otherwise.

Note that the subsection at issue here concerns the regulatory power of the Independent Medicare Advisory Board (IMA B) to "reduce the per capita rate of growth in Medicare spending."

That is precisely the kind of open-ended grant of regulatory power that effectively establishes the IMAB as the ultimate arbiter of the cost, quality and quantity of health care to be made available to the American people. And Reid wants the decisions of this group of unelected federal bureaucrats to be untouchable for all
time.

No wonder the majority leader tossed aside assurances that senators and the public would have at least 72 hours to study the text of the final Senate version of Obamacare before the critical vote on cloture. And no wonder Reid was so desperate to rush his amendment through the Senate, even scheduling the key tally on it at 1
a.m., while America slept.

True to form, Reid wanted to keep his Section 3403 poison pill secret for as long as
possible, just as he negotiated his bribes for the votes of Senators Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Bernie Sanders of Vermont behind closed doors.

The final Orwellian touch in this subversion of democratic procedure is found in the ruling of the Reid-controlled Senate Parliamentarian that the anti-repeal provision is not a change in Senate rules, but rather of Senate "procedures." Why is that significant?
Because for 200 years, changes in the Senate's standing rules have required approval by two-thirds of those voting, or 67 votes rather than the 60 Reid's amendment received.

Reid has flouted two centuries of standing Senate rules to pass a measure in the dead of night that no senator has read, and part of which can never be changed. If this is not tyranny, then what is?
LeftWingLiberal

Sterling, PA

#15 Jan 19, 2010
The only assumption one can make is that you all work for the insurance industry that rips off billions of dollars from patients, physicians, and hospitals. You don't want government involved but you are willing to let an insurance company take you to the cleaners and dictate virtually every decision in your health care.
LeftWingLiberal

Sterling, PA

#16 Jan 19, 2010
It's a symptom of how ridiculous the state of affairs has become in the U.S. because of the inability of people to think for themselves.
LeftWingLiberal

Sterling, PA

#17 Jan 19, 2010
I mean seriously, are you all really that stupid?
LeftWingLiberal

Sterling, PA

#18 Jan 19, 2010
Insurance companies are NOT YOUR FRIEND!
LeftWingLiberal

Sterling, PA

#19 Jan 19, 2010
fistv wrote:
<quoted text>
This all sounds great till you realize that the same 'assholes' are sitting in the republican seats, no different than whats in there now. The only way we will ever change is to get the sitting politicians OUT and keep them from running, replacing them with hard working americans who have no political ownership, political debts, or party favors to return or collect. Until then it's a choice between red shorts or blue shorts.
One difference, Dem's at least pretend to help people and sometimes actually do, Republicans make not pretense that they are out to screw everybody except their friends.
RIBALD XV

Centreville, MD

#20 Jan 19, 2010
LeftWingLiberal wrote:
The only assumption one can make is that you all work for the insurance industry that rips off billions of dollars from patients, physicians, and hospitals. You don't want government involved but you are willing to let an insurance company take you to the cleaners and dictate virtually every decision in your health care.
And you expect our corrupt government to do any better?

Dream on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Luther King Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shame on Quakertown school district for cancell... Feb 15 Uncle Richard 4
News New Alcombright to be Honored at MLK Day of Ser... Jan '18 cil 3
News Ex-NAACP leader Dolezal, who allegedly passed f... (Oct '16) Feb '17 transgroid hustle 5
News 2 men questioned over MLK Day shooting of 8, th... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Brad 4
News Richmonders plan roundtable discussion to take ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 docjameson 1
News Known gang member admits to deadly MLK Day shoo... (Aug '16) Aug '16 haha 5
News Use Martin Luther King Day to support same-sex ... (Jan '16) Mar '16 blacksarefilthy 6
More from around the web