james russell
Cat

Norwich, UK

#21 Oct 28, 2006
Hi, I used to own a New Orleans themed restaurant in the UK and have a number of SIGNED, LIMITED EDITION Mardi Gras prints for sale. Artists include James Russell, Andrea Mistretta and Burford Davies Jr. If you are interested in viewing or buying these, please visit ebay.co.uk and visit seller hydro665. Happy bidding and good luck!
Cat

Norwich, UK

#22 Oct 28, 2006
Hi, I used to own a New Orleans themed restaurant in the UK and have a number of SIGNED, LIMITED EDITION Mardi Gras prints for sale. Artists include James Russell, Andrea Mistretta and Burford Davies Jr. If you are interested in viewing or buying these, please visit ebay.co.uk and visit seller hydro665. Happy bidding and good luck!
donna champagne

United States

#23 Oct 29, 2006
I have three of the mardi gras posters original and dated.1983,1979,and the other I would have to take apart because you cant see the date because of the frame.I might sell
sue80

Las Vegas, NV

#24 Oct 30, 2006
donna champagne wrote:
I have three of the mardi gras posters original and dated.1983,1979,and the other I would have to take apart because you cant see the date because of the frame.I might sell
please e-mail me at [email protected]
I am very interested in ypur 1983 print.
theresa adams

United States

#25 Jan 22, 2007
BOB wrote:
If anyone has any of James Russell's prints i am interested. Please email [email protected] with the info.
I knew James back in the late 70's and 80's I have an orginial of his (artist proof) that is signed and framed. It is the 1981 mardi gras poster named "Ann" she is wearing feathers and pearls. I acquired this orginal because Jim owed me some money.

Would you be interested in purchasing this poster
theresa adams

United States

#26 Jan 22, 2007
Sorry forgot to leave my email address it is [email protected]

Since: Jan 07

United States

#27 Jan 22, 2007
BOB wrote:
If anyone has any of James Russell's prints i am interested. Please email [email protected] with the info.
I have a 1981 orginal framed mardigras poster by James Russell it is signed by James and says artist proof. The name of the poster is "Ann". She is wearing feathers and pearls. Anyone interested in purchasing may contact me at [email protected]
80lady

Lake Charles, LA

#28 Jan 23, 2007
theresa adams wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew James back in the late 70's and 80's I have an orginial of his (artist proof) that is signed and framed. It is the 1981 mardi gras poster named "Ann" she is wearing feathers and pearls. I acquired this orginal because Jim owed me some money.
Would you be interested in purchasing this poster
could you share any information you might have about Mr Russell. There is so little out there on him.
thanks!
theresa adams

AOL

#29 Jan 29, 2007
80lady wrote:
<quoted text>
could you share any information you might have about Mr Russell. There is so little out there on him.
thanks!
You can email me at [email protected] and I might be able to answer some of your questions.
Despina

Greenwood, MS

#30 Feb 26, 2007
I have at least five, maybe more James Russell prints all acquired between 1990-1992. Most of them are the older prints prior to these dates. I liked the older versions best.I met one of his models in 1992 and yes, she was a real person. I have one smaller print that is signed. Although I have them in storage and no longer display them properly, I still love them.
alan_seaco9

Englewood, CO

#31 Apr 23, 2007
does anyone know who owns the copyright on the james russell works? please write [email protected] if you have any information.
sue80

Lake Charles, LA

#32 Apr 26, 2007
alan_seaco9 wrote:
does anyone know who owns the copyright on the james russell works? please write [email protected] if you have any information.
I've been wondering that one myself. If you find out please let us know!
Mimx

United States

#33 May 5, 2007
I have 5 framed and signed James Russell photos that include the artist proof of Marilyn, a signed Lady Luck, a signed Meghan, signed Trina, and signed Kristal. I am curious to see how much they are worth, especially the stamped and artist proof of Marilyn in 1995. All works of art have been professinally framed. Can someone email me at [email protected] to let me know? Thanks.
Mimx

United States

#34 May 5, 2007
Sorry the Marilyn was for 1994. Damn these small laptops..LOL
windy

United States

#36 May 19, 2007
Mimx wrote:
I have 5 framed and signed James Russell photos that include the artist proof of Marilyn, a signed Lady Luck, a signed Meghan, signed Trina, and signed Kristal. I am curious to see how much they are worth, especially the stamped and artist proof of Marilyn in 1995. All works of art have been professinally framed. Can someone email me at [email protected] to let me know? Thanks.
How do you know what the names of them are? I have Marilyn and Lady Luck 1 & 2. The others I have, I don't know their names.
Matt

United States

#37 May 31, 2007
I have 5 posters. All pencil prints, numbered and signed. 1978,79 lilly, 87, 89, and 92. They are framed and for sale. My uncle was a friend of his, and when I lived in N.O., I had dinner with him @ his house, and told me to pick the ones I wanted. I was very greatful. It is time for someone else to enjoy them. If you are interested in these beautiful legends of New orleans Past, E-mail me @ [email protected]
Sher

Orland Park, IL

#38 Jun 6, 2007
I found two James Russell prints in a resale shop in Illinois. Does anyone know their titles? They are dated 1978 and have a seal on the lower right hand corner of each. One is of a woman grinding grain and the other is of a man with an oar and bucket.
sue80

Lake Charles, LA

#39 Jun 7, 2007
Sher wrote:
I found two James Russell prints in a resale shop in Illinois. Does anyone know their titles? They are dated 1978 and have a seal on the lower right hand corner of each. One is of a woman grinding grain and the other is of a man with an oar and bucket.
How big are they? could you send some pics?
email me at [email protected]
LINDA

Crows Nest, Australia

#40 Jun 17, 2007
I bought a James Russel charcoal drawing from a secondhand shop in Sydney about 12 years ago for $30.Titled
"New Orleans Jazz Band of 1914" dated 78. Maybe I'm naive, but I thought it could be an original as it was framed with the artist's profile on the back. Can anyone shead some light on this for me?
tammy

Daviston, AL

#41 Jun 22, 2007
I have a beautiful 24x31 in. charcoal sketch of a beautiful woman in feathers and pearls. I think her name is Ann, she is on parchment, and in the original frame that we bought her with, she is signed by James Russell,82.We paid $8.00 for her 8 years ago. this is the first time we have been able to find out anymore about her. We have truly enjoyed having her, and are always getting comments on how beautiful she is. we were so excited to find out more, and would appreciate more info about her, and her artist. our email# is [email protected]
Thank You so very much, Tammy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mardi Gras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nudity illegal during Mardi Gras! Must go to Ke... (Oct '12) Apr '17 MySky 6
Bacchus King (Jan '16) Jan '16 Paradelover60 1
Whose signature on this 1994 Mardi Grass Poster... (Oct '15) Oct '15 bab18 1
News Ukraine got up Shrove Tuesday (May '15) May '15 DrMoro 1
News 14 fun facts about Pancake Day and why we go fl... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ryanviola 1
"Body Paint' L. Graff poster (Jan '14) Jan '14 Susan 1
Music for Mardi Gras (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sandy 1
More from around the web