Humane Society Struggles as Budget De...

Humane Society Struggles as Budget Deadline Approaches

There are 2 comments on the 5NEWSonline.com story from Jun 29, 2012, titled Humane Society Struggles as Budget Deadline Approaches. In it, 5NEWSonline.com reports that:

The Sebastian County Humane Society is working with the city of Fort Smith to negotiate its next year's budget.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5NEWSonline.com.

Tuck a Buck a Day Away

Fort Smith, AR

#1 Jun 29, 2012
$125,000/yr for a full time veterinarian?

288,000 metro populaion

http://www.thecitywire.com/node/11091
125 / 288 = 44 cents per person

288,000 X $1 = greater than a quarter million dollars.

For one dollar per year we can all afford a Vet and equipment for more Humane treatment of animals.

That is a very inexpensive price to demonstrate that we really care about the dogs and cats.

So what are we waiting for?
Number Two

Fort Smith, AR

#2 Jun 30, 2012
Tuck a Buck a Day Away wrote:
$125,000/yr for a full time veterinarian?
288,000 metro populaion
http://www.thecitywire.com/node/11091
125 / 288 = 44 cents per person
288,000 X $1 = greater than a quarter million dollars.
For one dollar per year we can all afford a Vet and equipment for more Humane treatment of animals.
That is a very inexpensive price to demonstrate that we really care about the dogs and cats.
So what are we waiting for?
Who cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lughnasadh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Medicaid fueling opioid epidemic? New theory is... Nov '17 Sue The Docs N Bi... 3
News Cyrus named to Governor's Council on Service Me... (Aug '12) Nov '17 Nurse1 12
News Andrews, Kennedy to face off in Aug. 1 election... (Jun '17) Sep '17 Confused 11
News The Latest: GOP eyeing $1B disaster funds cut t... Sep '17 Geezer Disease 46
News Former Denton educator must turn over 'Pepe and... Aug '17 Reid 1
News Missing Lincolnton teen found Aug '17 concerned 1
News Mayor tells deported woman 'you'll always belon... Aug '17 Frank 1
More from around the web