Border collie mauled by pitbull

Border collie mauled by pitbull

There are 33 comments on the WPVI-TV Philadelphia story from Aug 2, 2008, titled Border collie mauled by pitbull. In it, WPVI-TV Philadelphia reports that:

Aug. 1, 2008 -- Trixie whimpers constantly since being attacked by a pitbull. The 3 year old border collie was at the new Kent Dog Park in Upper Darby, Delaware County, just after 5pm yesterday, when the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPVI-TV Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Eyes for beauty

Mount Pleasant, PA

#24 Aug 13, 2010
Bully breeds=mean and ugly
Eyes for beauty

Mount Pleasant, PA

#25 Aug 13, 2010
Border Collies= Sheer genius
Pit facts

Hilliard, OH

#26 Aug 16, 2010
Pit Bulls score an 83.4% passing rate with the American Temperament Test Society. That's better than the popular Border Collie (a breed who scores 79.6%). <look it up>

I have never had a prolem with a dog of any kind, I have had prolems with people who abuse their dogs. I was attacked by a beagal mix and a chow, who had been very nice dogs until their owner got a new bf who beat them. All dogs are good natured to begin with people change that, so if you No Pitt want to stop breeding anything lets start with ignorance and animal abuse
ala

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Nov 10, 2010
I know this is an old thread but just have to say-
My "pit bull" has been attacked on numerous occasions by border collies. And she doesn't retaliate, but the border collies (a friend's dog) are pretty relentless. And it only takes a little competition for attention to set them off. I was also personally attacked by a yellow lab. Yes *attacked*, lunging, biting, etc. Aren't yellow labs considered one of the "friendliest" dog breeds? And a black lab I know bit the pizza delivery man, whereas my "pit bull" and "pit mix" have attacked no one. Ever.

Allow experience to speak for you, and monitor your dog's behavior in a dog park, because it is YOUR responsibility as the owner- regardless of breed.
diddlie

New York, NY

#29 Mar 30, 2011
No Bull wrote:
Pit bulls are dangerous and are also ugly. a favorite of section 8 people. they should be outlawed from breeding. but also, I have never heard of a pitbull mix doing anything like this, especially if it is a lab mix. But a pure pitbull should be illegal. If a pitbull attacks my dog, the owner of the pitbull better have health insurance.
you don;t know jack squat about pitbulls. jack russels are the meanest dogs alive but they are tiny. pitbulls are strong that is why they kick ass
Dcpsychobilly

United States

#30 Nov 1, 2011
Dogs are what there owners make them to be, I own a border collie pitbull bull terrier mix. I plan to raise my dog right, he does show signs of a bully type dog but slowly with time I hope he becomes more of a family dog. He even likes ppl shaking his hand so his got the brain to make right choices and avoid being aggressive. My sisters dog is almost 5 pounds and she is aggressive but she is so small it didn't seem scary, btw that dog is almost two years. My point is little dogs bite just like big ones they all have a heart and an attitude. Its the dumb people out there that are too dumb to raise there dog right. I've seen good dogs I've seen dogs that I can tell get treated bad I've seen dogs that just do what there owners want them to do. Some people should be put to sleep there ugly with no brains
No Lose

Philadelphia, PA

#31 Nov 2, 2011
Next story.
Thats Funny Cause

Philadelphia, PA

#32 Nov 2, 2011
It Is....
Glen

Lake Grove, NY

#33 Dec 21, 2011
MMs Mom wrote:
Obviously you should not be commenting if you have no sense. The statement " Pure Pitbulls" makes no sense. Because a "pit bull" is NOT a breed!!! Google it!!! Therefore your whole comment about mixes etc... makes no sense at all. Pit bull type animals encompass the bully breed which is too many to list.
Pit bull is NOT a breed. It's a generic term often used to describe all dogs with similar traits and characteristics often known by the public as "pit bulls".

Pit Bull is a breed. It's the American pit bull terrier.
Glen

Lake Grove, NY

#34 Dec 21, 2011
Pit facts wrote:
Pit Bulls score an 83.4% passing rate with the American Temperament Test Society. That's better than the popular Border Collie (a breed who scores 79.6%). <look it up>
I have never had a prolem with a dog of any kind, I have had prolems with people who abuse their dogs. I was attacked by a beagal mix and a chow, who had been very nice dogs until their owner got a new bf who beat them. All dogs are good natured to begin with people change that, so if you No Pitt want to stop breeding anything lets start with ignorance and animal abuse
They score higher because the test isn't to see if they are temperamentally suitable to be pets and to fit nicely into society, but to test whether or not they are suitable for schutzhund work. Why else would firing a gun be part of the test? A sensitive breed, like a collie would not do well with the firing gun, but won't kill the dog next door either. I'd rather have a sound sensitive dog living next door to me than a dog aggressive killer anyday.
Glen

Lake Grove, NY

#35 Dec 21, 2011
Dcpsychobilly wrote:
Dogs are what there owners make them to be, I own a border collie pitbull bull terrier mix. I plan to raise my dog right, he does show signs of a bully type dog but slowly with time I hope he becomes more of a family dog. He even likes ppl shaking his hand so his got the brain to make right choices and avoid being aggressive. My sisters dog is almost 5 pounds and she is aggressive but she is so small it didn't seem scary, btw that dog is almost two years. My point is little dogs bite just like big ones they all have a heart and an attitude. Its the dumb people out there that are too dumb to raise there dog right. I've seen good dogs I've seen dogs that I can tell get treated bad I've seen dogs that just do what there owners want them to do. Some people should be put to sleep there ugly with no brains
Greyhounds are the MOST abused dogs but they don't wind up on the news every day killing or maiming people. Go figure.
Glen

Lake Grove, NY

#36 Dec 21, 2011
diddlie wrote:
<quoted text>
you don;t know jack squat about pitbulls. jack russels are the meanest dogs alive but they are tiny. pitbulls are strong that is why they kick ass
Pit bulls are brainless and that's why they wouldn't survive as a species if they lived in a natural environment. Since the common sense and the "self preservation" gene has been bred out (gameness,) they would stupidly attack a tiger, and get killed instantly. They are also too stupid to breed without a rack to prevent the "pair" from fighting rather than procreating. Dumber than dirt!
Glen

Lake Grove, NY

#37 Dec 21, 2011
Carla Welsh wrote:
First of all, the fact remains that about 90% of all dog owners throughout the United States have no knowledge about canine mentality; therefore their comments should be rendered null and void. Shame on dog owners for believing in hearsay and word of mouth! The miseducation of what is being said needs to be put to a stop! Fact #1: Centuries ago, pits were bred to help local butchers steer their oxes to their respective locales. If a steer/ox stepped out of line, the pit would help by clamping on to the ox's nose (sometimes for 3-4 hours)until the ox was subdued. Pits which could not withstand the pain and exhaustion of this much needed task were not bred again. With money to be won, the shameless pit fights were then started circa 18th century. Therefore, the mentality remains that if your dog steps out of line (because you do not understand or practice canine language/control), the pit will take over your job and will control the dog who needs to be controlled. All dogs of the bully breeds are rendered harmless, as long as they are properly controlled by a well educated and responsible owner. Unfortunately, most owners will probably read this as a foreign language. More info to follow...
90 percent of so called "dog experts" no nothing about dog psychology but think they do. Very scary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lughnasadh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spudnuts donut shop returns to city on Aug. 1 May 25 Eric B 1
News New Lawrence Park police chief starts job Aug. 1 (Jun '10) May 20 Four mile 94
News Lynda Bianchi new principal at Williams Elementary (Jul '09) Feb '16 Save our children 65
News Rajesh Khanna & Dimple on Filmfare (Aug 1-15, 1... (Feb '11) Jan '16 Roshini 7
News My friendly neighbourhood witches (Jul '08) Dec '15 Kathwynn 457
News Santa Cruz County's diminished real estate valu... (Jul '10) Dec '15 WooF 20
News Republicans capitalize on anti-Obama fervor in ... (Nov '15) Nov '15 MrOwl 12
More from around the web