A leap of faith

Full story: Baltimore Sun
Annapolis Mayor Ellen O. Moyer got us thinking about that extra day in the calendar during leap year - that would be today - and the possibility of breaking free from the constraints of daily life. Full Story
Larry

Annapolis, MD

#1 Feb 29, 2008
Where did the term "leap" come from?
I like the idea of taking the day off.
Attila the Hon

United States

#2 Feb 29, 2008
The concept of leap year day might have originated with Julius Caesar, but the modern world uses the Gregorian calendar. And why depend on just one or a measly few fleeting days to minimize your worries. Without sounding like a motivational speaker or a lame commercial, make the most of every day...unless you want to be constantly stuck in THE RUT.
kdogg36

Odenton, MD

#3 Feb 29, 2008
Attila the Hon wrote:
The concept of leap year day might have originated with Julius Caesar, but the modern world uses the Gregorian calendar.
Not might have, definitely did, and that's all that's relevant to this article.:) Gregory actually *removed* a few leap days!

Since: Aug 07

Hampstead, MD

#4 Mar 1, 2008
A better idea would be to work on Leap Year day and have the other three years and 365 days off.

In other words, let's all have the same schedule as government employees!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leap Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oklahoma woman, 84, reminisces on her 21st Leap... (Mar '12) Mar '12 bluestreak resurgent 2
Dick Van Dyke, 86, marries Arlene Silver (Mar '12) Mar '12 Viagara 1
Leap day babies relish unique birthdays (Feb '12) Mar '12 Always Wary 7
NJ parachutists leap for Leap Day (Mar '12) Mar '12 PFfff 1
Happy Leap Day from Johannesburg South Africa (Mar '12) Mar '12 Margaret 1
Video: birthday only on leap day? (Mar '12) Mar '12 Tourex 1
Leap Year 2012: What is it leap day and why do ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Mitt s Dead Jew B... 10
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Leap Day People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••