Is February 29th significant to you?

Is February 29th significant to you?

There are 16 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Feb 29, 2008, titled Is February 29th significant to you?. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

Few, but mighty The chances of being born on leap year day is about 1 in 1,500. Here's an idea of how many leap year day babies will hear "Happy Birthday!" today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Johan

Rochester, MI

#1 Feb 29, 2008
Nope nothing
Dazed and confused

Holland, MI

#2 Feb 29, 2008
It's payday.
MARY

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Feb 29, 2008
I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT FOR MY FIRST CHILD ON FEBRUARY 29, 2000. LEAP DAY, OF A LEAP YEAR, OF THE NEW MILLENIUM! HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!
mom

Rockford, MI

#4 Feb 29, 2008
It sure is my first grandchild was born that day! She is having her 16 th b-day today and there doing it in a 4 year style haha. Happy b-day sweetie,love grandma

“God Save The Queen”

Since: Jan 08

Grand Haven

#5 Feb 29, 2008
Significant you say, what is so significant about another day?
Significant would be the fact that we can not tell or keep accurate time. Every four years we have to add a day to up-date or correct the Julian calendar, which we use.
Significant is the Mayan calendar, which is thousands of year old and is spot on accurate, as measured by celestial events.
mom

Rockford, MI

#6 Feb 29, 2008
Pipingdude wrote:
Significant you say, what is so significant about another day?
Significant would be the fact that we can not tell or keep accurate time. Every four years we have to add a day to up-date or correct the Julian calendar, which we use.
Significant is the Mayan calendar, which is thousands of year old and is spot on accurate, as measured by celestial events.
Significant is about having God give you another Day! And if its youre Birthday on that Day thats just as Significant ! Theres aways a sad person to make something good sound bad,Cheer up God gave you this day to breath,And try and enjoy somebodys B-day today.
Baruch HaShem

Grand Haven, MI

#7 Feb 29, 2008
Not really, because all it does is add another day to my age and I don't need any help.

God Bless America.

“God Save The Queen”

Since: Jan 08

Grand Haven

#8 Feb 29, 2008
mom wrote:
<quoted text> Significant is about having God give you another Day! And if its youre Birthday on that Day thats just as Significant ! Theres aways a sad person to make something good sound bad,Cheer up God gave you this day to breath,And try and enjoy somebodys B-day today.
Mom,
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Or was Dad bugging you for s.ex last nite?
Did I say or even imply that there was any sadness outside of the fact that our calendar is inaccurate?
If it's your B-Day by all means go enjoy, drink yourself into a stupor, eat till you've had your fill or take the day off and veg out.
If you want to praise God or Jesus for waking up and breathing another day have at it, far be it from me or anyone else to deny you this right.
BUT
A fact is a fact, our Julian calendar is inaccurate, and the Mayan calendar is spot on.
What is the sadness with this?
abc

La Crosse, WI

#9 Feb 29, 2008
Pipingdude, Mom's sadness: she doesn't know where to go to get a Mayan calendar!=)(So, clue her in.)

Since: Oct 07

out in the sticks

#10 Feb 29, 2008
Randy & Lee Drent of Cedar Springs just had the first leap year baby in Kent County. Fox 17 news just left the hospital. It will be on at 10:00 tonight.

“God Save The Queen”

Since: Jan 08

Grand Haven

#11 Feb 29, 2008
abc wrote:
Pipingdude, Mom's sadness: she doesn't know where to go to get a Mayan calendar!=)(So, clue her in.)
ABC,

Would be kind of hard for anybody to lug around a Mayan calendar, those three large stones I figure weigh plenty.
A good place to start is with Google or any good search engine. There are all kinds of links for the calendar and the Mayan civilization.
mom

Rockford, MI

#12 Feb 29, 2008
Pipingdude wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom,
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Or was Dad bugging you for s.ex last nite?
Did I say or even imply that there was any sadness outside of the fact that our calendar is inaccurate?
If it's your B-Day by all means go enjoy, drink yourself into a stupor, eat till you've had your fill or take the day off and veg out.
If you want to praise God or Jesus for waking up and breathing another day have at it, far be it from me or anyone else to deny you this right.
BUT
A fact is a fact, our Julian calendar is inaccurate, and the Mayan calendar is spot on.
What is the sadness with
It was youre quote that said whats onther day,Thats what was sad! And you must be kidding I love having my husband bugging me for s.ex .Hope he does agian tonight,and I love waking up on the wrong side og the bed,right on top of him! I bet youre the one who has to bug somebody for se.x. And my comment had nothing to do with the Julian calendar, It was sad that that youre comment was about another day, I thank-god for everyday, And yeah the night too!

“God Save The Queen”

Since: Jan 08

Grand Haven

#13 Mar 1, 2008
Mom,

Gesh! I'm bad. I will try to never again deviate from the thread topic.
I'm sorry..
BUT
I didn'T need to hear all that stuff about you and Dad.
Now you have all my friends asking me if you're a MILF.

Your Son
Lbkladybug

Monsey, NY

#14 Mar 1, 2008
Leap year is very special to us. Our daughter wa born on that day and turned "6" yeaterday!

“God Save The Queen”

Since: Jan 08

Grand Haven

#15 Mar 1, 2008
Lbkladybug wrote:
Leap year is very special to us. Our daughter wa born on that day and turned "6" yeaterday!
Lbkladybug,

I have to ask...
Is she 6 or 24?
mom

Rockford, MI

#16 Mar 2, 2008
Pipingdude wrote:
Mom,
Gesh! I'm bad. I will try to never again deviate from the thread topic.
I'm sorry..
BUT
I didn'T need to hear all that stuff about you and Dad.
Now you have all my friends asking me if you're a MILF.
Your Son
I guess you did want to know, It was youre smart remark in the first place , No Im not MILF, But, I bet thats what you and youre friends dream about,seems like thats all youre comments lead to. But we can agree to disagree on Feb 29th and the subject at hand.Have a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leap Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Midwest travel: True/False Film Fest fetes docs... (Apr '16) Apr '16 sad 1
News Did You Work for Free on Leap Day? (Mar '16) Mar '16 fire Snedecker 1
News Oklahoma woman, 84, reminisces on her 21st Leap... (Mar '12) Mar '12 bluestreak resurgent 2
News Dick Van Dyke, 86, marries Arlene Silver (Mar '12) Mar '12 Viagara 1
News Leap day babies relish unique birthdays (Feb '12) Mar '12 Always Wary 7
News NJ parachutists leap for Leap Day (Mar '12) Mar '12 PFfff 1
News Happy Leap Day from Johannesburg South Africa (Mar '12) Mar '12 Margaret 1
More from around the web