Kwanzaa celebration held in Vallejo

Kwanzaa celebration held in Vallejo

There are 4 comments on the The Daily Republic story from Jan 1, 2012, titled Kwanzaa celebration held in Vallejo. In it, The Daily Republic reports that:

Calvin D'ville, center, lights the final candle during the candle lighting ceremony at the Vallejo Community Kwanzaa Celebration in Vallejo Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Republic.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 2, 2012
Kwanzaa is a very recently created holiday. I do not brelieve it is widely celebrated anywhere but the USA. If memory serves me correctly, it was invented in Berkeley, CA, by a UC faculty member.
Wanglow

San Carlos, CA

#2 Jan 2, 2012
Robert Everett (who changed his name to Maulana Karenga, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) came up with the idea while serving time for rape and torture in the 1960's. A phony hoilday that has as it's purpose to further separate Americans and divide them based on some made-up racial animosity. Do they teach this in the same schools they force innocent children to listen to this evil? Look it up, you might get an education.
Santa Claus

San Rafael, CA

#3 Jan 2, 2012
A phony holiday sounds familiar to me.
every year

Vallejo, CA

#4 Jan 2, 2012
every year at kwaanza i dedicate a big brick first thing in the morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kwanzaa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drop-off in Kwanzaa observations called dishear... (Dec '13) Feb '16 dbiggs69 22
News Kwanzaa and fragmented perceptions of evolving ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Kwanzaa festival runs to New Year (Dec '05) Jan '15 Real Brotha 46 2
News Kwanzaa 2014, Day 7, Imani means faith; find th... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Ceocailleach 1
News Kwanzaa celebrates unity and family (Dec '14) Jan '15 UruEuWauWau 16
News DuSable museum celebrates first day of Kwanzaa ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Project Rebound Inc. hosts 20th annual Kwanzaa ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web