Kwanzaa: a week for Buffalo to celebrate

Dec 29, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Buffalo.com

When we hear about Kwanzaa , most of us don't know what it means. Be honest. We wouldn't guess that it's a tradition that dates back to one of the most controversial and oppressive times in our country - the African-American Civil Rights Movement.

Comments
1 - 20 of 116 Comments Last updated Sep 11, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Timmy Hoes

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

7 Baby Mothers....
6 Outstanding Warrants....
5 Fifths Of GIN!!
4 Nickel Bags...
3 Crack Pipes...
2 Books Of Food Stamps...
AND....
A BLOCK OF GOVERNMENT CHEESE!!!!!

(sing to the tune of The 12 Days of Xmas)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Damn! I thought this thread was going to be about how Bison celebrate Kwanzaa!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Timmy Hoes wrote:
7 Baby Mothers....
6 Outstanding Warrants....
5 Fifths Of GIN!!
4 Nickel Bags...
3 Crack Pipes...
2 Books Of Food Stamps...
AND....
A BLOCK OF GOVERNMENT CHEESE!!!!!
(sing to the tune of The 12 Days of Xmas)
NICE!!! I like it!
teddy

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

RoyalCrownCola wrote:
Damn! I thought this thread was going to be about how Bison celebrate Kwanzaa!
mbuga , mbuga , mbuga , bro,
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

They can celebrate all they want . Just don't call cops . Then there will be trouble . Some of them are decent.
Yeah Right

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Typical GUMP...spewing his racist nonsense with his fake username "teddy"
teddy wrote:
<quoted text>mbuga , mbuga , mbuga , bro,
GUMPnf wrote:
They can celebrate all they want . Just don't call cops . Then there will be trouble . Some of them are decent.
What a HYPOCRITE!!

Why do you keep embarrassing yourself?

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Since I don't have a lot of money around Christmas, would it be OK to use the menorah for my Kwanzaa celebration instead of buying Kwanzaa candles?

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Wow, a Kwanzaa thread filled with racist conservative comments....who could have seen that coming?
NEOCON

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Kwanzaa. Another fake religion invented in 1966 by an ex-Con proponent of the Black Power movement and which is celebrated only in the U.S.

Originally Kwanzaa was meant to be an alternative to Christmas, because Jesus was considered psychotic, and that Christianity was a white religion that black people should shun. Sounds a lot like Islam.

Must be money to be made selling black candles!
WTF

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

NEOCON wrote:
Kwanzaa. Another fake religion invented in 1966 by an ex-Con proponent of the Black Power movement and which is celebrated only in the U.S.
Originally Kwanzaa was meant to be an alternative to Christmas, because Jesus was considered psychotic, and that Christianity was a white religion that black people should shun. Sounds a lot like Islam.
Must be money to be made selling black candles!
1. Kwanzaa is NOT a religion doofus

2. Why do you care if people observe/celebrate a holiday?

3. Is anybody forcing you to buy black candles or celebrate Kwanzaa?
NEOCON

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Kwanzaa is NOT a religion doofus
2. Why do you care if people observe/celebrate a holiday?
3. Is anybody forcing you to buy black candles or celebrate Kwanzaa?
1. Look up the definition of religion. This "system of beliefs" fits.

2. I could not care less what anybody wants to celebrate. If somebody wants to bay at the full moon every month then go for it! The original article is titled "Kwanzaa: a week for Buffalo to celebrate"! Not me Pal. I'll leave that to YOU!

3. Kwanza is the currency in Angola. Now tell me this as nothing to do with money!
WTF

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

NEOCON wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Look up the definition of religion. This "system of beliefs" fits.
2. I could not care less what anybody wants to celebrate. If somebody wants to bay at the full moon every month then go for it! The original article is titled "Kwanzaa: a week for Buffalo to celebrate"! Not me Pal. I'll leave that to YOU!
3. Kwanza is the currency in Angola. Now tell me this as nothing to do with money!
It appears that you are a star student from the tbird School of Twisted Logic and Literal Misinterpretations!

Again, you claim you "could not care less" what people celebrate, so why bother to comment at all?

If your interpretation of "A Week for Buffalo to Celebrate" leads you to think that all Buffalonians must observe and celebrate Kwanzaa, then you are very simple-minded. I am not Black and I do not celebrate Kwanzaa. I never thought that EVERYONE in Buffalo should celebrate as a result of reading this title.

Kwanzaa means money??? Just like tbird...what does that matter and why do you care what people spend their money on? In this economy, any spending is a good thing!

You never answered my question...Is anybody forcing YOU to celebrate Kwanzaa?

So, do you really have something against Kwanzaaa or is just the Black people and their culture that you have major issues with?
GNAA

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that you are a star student from the tbird School of Twisted Logic and Literal Misinterpretations!
Again, you claim you "could not care less" what people celebrate, so why bother to comment at all?
If your interpretation of "A Week for Buffalo to Celebrate" leads you to think that all Buffalonians must observe and celebrate Kwanzaa, then you are very simple-minded. I am not Black and I do not celebrate Kwanzaa. I never thought that EVERYONE in Buffalo should celebrate as a result of reading this title.
Kwanzaa means money??? Just like tbird...what does that matter and why do you care what people spend their money on? In this economy, any spending is a good thing!
So, do you really have something against Kwanzaaa or is just the Black people and their culture that you have major issues with?
You know that this NEOCON loser is a liar right? Call him out on why he is using a proxy, because someone posted his ip address and he got scared
Life Coach

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

I hate Kwanzaa.
Francis the Horse

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

2 things you cant give a negro; fat lip or black eye, ok 3...a job either

how to take a jewish census, roll a quarter down the street

why do jews have big noses, the airs FREE

mexican baptism=bean dip

a priest tries to console a poor black child, he says come in to my church...the boy says "hey im poor and black, ya want me to become a fuckin catholic too?

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Francis the Horse wrote:
2 things you cant give a negro; fat lip or black eye, ok 3...a job either
how to take a jewish census, roll a quarter down the street
why do jews have big noses, the airs FREE
mexican baptism=bean dip
a priest tries to console a poor black child, he says come in to my church...the boy says "hey im poor and black, ya want me to become a fuckin catholic too?
SO youre a conservative?
Spelling_Bee

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

FFS- wrote:
SO youre a conservative?
You're, not "youre."

Tea party guy, not "conservative."

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Spelling_Bee wrote:
<quoted text>You're, not "youre."
Tea party guy, not "conservative."
You're right, I often skip the ' purposely
Oba_Monkey

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

2 social workers find a guy nearly beat to death in an alley; they turn around leaving the victim on the ground, exclaiming " we really need to find the person that did this, They desperately need help!"
NEOCON

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! If my comments get you into such a tizzy you better stop reading them.

I see you're a member of GNAA. That explains everything!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kwanzaa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
African Americans And Native Speakers Keep Swah... Jun '14 Earthshine 17
Kwanzaa event honors acts of service (Dec '05) May '14 Cigar Face 21 2
Kwanzaa celebration tonight in Corning (Jan '14) Jan '14 shouright 2
Drop-off in Kwanzaa observations called dishear... (Dec '13) Jan '14 Geoff 19
Vallejo Kwanzaa celebration calls for 'ujima' (Dec '13) Jan '14 Cindy 22
POTUS & First Lady: 'Kwanzaa Celebrates African... (Dec '13) Jan '14 sunshine 7
Kwanzaa celebration to kick off (Dec '13) Jan '14 GUMPnf 15

Search the Kwanzaa Forum:
•••