Winter-Weary Gather for Punxsutawney Phil's Prognostication

Thousands of people are expected to gather before dawn in western Pennsylvania to await a weather forecast by the world's most famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil. Full Story
justin

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#1 Feb 2, 2010
Let The GroundHog Make Spring Come Early Tired Of The Cold Snowy Weather
Kristine

Amherst, OH

#2 Feb 2, 2010
I live in Canton now but I am originally from a small town not too far from Punxsy (local nickname for Punxsutawney) and I am enjoying your morning show coverage.

My daughter was just discussing a visit she made there last summer and about the meal she had at the Burger King.

No need to worry about Phil--he is well taken care of (he probably eats better than I do LOL).
nail biter

Altoona, PA

#5 Feb 2, 2010
I live near Punxy... Its a little town with hardly any resources... Went through it last night about 8:30 and it was dead.. I mean dead, for what was about to happen in the morning..
When they say how many were hob knobbin' at the gob, divide by 3 and subtract those with common sense and you got the real number..
Duane

Massillon, OH

#6 Feb 2, 2010
Perhaps the reason Phil can see his shadow each year is due to all of the lighting that surrounds him?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#7 Feb 2, 2010
stupid ground hog like we need more winter.
Emily

Cleveland, OH

#8 Feb 2, 2010
Im a middle schooler and i believe having groundhog day is pointless. Yes it gives us something to do and to celebrate winter but every year its six more weeks of winter. Why scare the poor groundhog?
Hmmm

Willoughby, OH

#9 Feb 2, 2010
Geez if I was pulled from my hole, I would crawl back inside too. Yawwwnnnnn.
Ed Holliger III

Centerburg, OH

#10 Feb 2, 2010
To bury Groundhog Day as a pointless tradition is just another attempt to bring change to America. What's next? Perhaps Valentine's Day, or God forbid...Thanksgiving!!!
As for Punxsutawny Phil and his treatment, we should be so lucky, For 15 minutes of fame once a year, he gets three square meals a day, a warm place to stay, and the adoration of millions of loyal American traditionalists.
Leave Phil, his handlers and Groundhog Day alone in spite of some dubious predictions. As a retired veterinarian with six grandkids, I've had enough change in my life. God bless America.
robert

North Ridgeville, OH

#11 Feb 2, 2010
im glad i live in ohio yeah
Kathy Kolacz

Norwalk, OH

#12 Feb 2, 2010
Well I am German for sure. But the tradition of Phil I have never heard of. Now Chuck,I will agree with. With the thought of a possible early Spring. My husband and I are both from right here in Cleveland ohio. Ground Hogs day kicks off our 36 year wedding anniversary. I love Spring so the earlier the better.
zea stoner

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Feb 2, 2010
dose he see his shodow yes or no.
CHIP LEE BROOKS

AOL

#14 Feb 2, 2010
I LOVE THE BUCKEYE CHUCK GROUNDHOG BETTER THAN THE PENNSYLVANIA 1...
NORWALK RADIO STATION NEVER TALKS ABOUT IT, THEY SHOULD BRING THAT UP NEXT YEAR!
CHIP LEE BROOKS

AOL

#15 Feb 2, 2010
I love the Ohio groundhog better, than Pennsylvania... Because it has a shorter forecast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imbolc Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Groundhog Day Should Be Outlawed (Feb '14) Jan 1 Kipp 14
A Promise at Lammas (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
Pooties & Woozles: The Promise of the Light (Feb '12) Feb '12 Pagan and Proud 1
Yule and the magic of winter (Nov '11) Nov '11 NM Desert Rat 1
Wiccans gear up for Ball (Oct '11) Oct '11 NM Desert Rat 1
Can groundhog predict weather? (Feb '11) Feb '11 mos 13B10 3
Imbolc (Jan '11) Jan '11 pasty 12
More from around the web