Punxsutawney Phil predicts 6 more weeks of winter

The groundhog has spoken. And it's bad news. Punxsutawney Phil has emerged to see his shadow before chilly revelers in Pennsylvania, meaning winter will last another six weeks. Full Story
Burnsville Citizen

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 2, 2010
Who is this writer? If we are so lucky to only have 6 more weeks of Winter in Minnesota life will be good!!!!

“Noses run and feet smell”

Since: Dec 08

Compton CA

#2 Feb 2, 2010
groundhog day is a joke. i cant wait for winter to be over on march 16th
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Feb 2, 2010
Burnsville Citizen wrote:
Who is this writer? If we are so lucky to only have 6 more weeks of Winter in Minnesota life will be good!!!!
Well it WAS a groundhog in Pennsylvania.
Indie

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 2, 2010
Sounds like Phil could run the climate research center. Note to Phil. Shred all e-mails!
happy pappy

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 2, 2010
seems to me like he always sees his shadow! When doesn't he see it? I smell conspiracy
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 2, 2010
Looks like I have a Judge It stalker, heh.

Isn't he precious?
Electric Barbarella

Brainerd, MN

#7 Feb 2, 2010
Six more weeks? YIPEEEE!!!!! Anyone in northern Minnesota remember late April 2008. 14 inches of snow...twice in a week. I think Phil would be better with mashed potatoes and a nice mushroom gravy,
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#8 Feb 2, 2010
this is pretty much the same every year isn't it?..so what is the big deal? By this time each year us Minnesotans are pretty much sick of winter...I don't need some furry little rodent telling me what I already know.....know what I'm sayin?.....
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#9 Feb 2, 2010
happy pappy wrote:
seems to me like he always sees his shadow! When doesn't he see it? I smell conspiracy
Bush's fault.........
Vikings Fan

Rochester, MN

#10 Feb 2, 2010
Leave it to PETA to require a robotic replacement for Punxsutawney Phil because they feel he is being mis-treated. He is fed every day and has a heated borrow. I bet he is not complaining!
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Feb 2, 2010
Electric Barbarella wrote:
Six more weeks? YIPEEEE!!!!! Anyone in northern Minnesota remember late April 2008. 14 inches of snow...twice in a week. I think Phil would be better with mashed potatoes and a nice mushroom gravy,
Hmmm, I don't know. I think groundhog meat would probably be pretty fatty and tough. I'd rather have a couple of Cornish game hens with a nice wild rice stuffing.
G hog eater

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Feb 2, 2010
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, I don't know. I think groundhog meat would probably be pretty fatty and tough. I'd rather have a couple of Cornish game hens with a nice wild rice stuffing.
Actually groudhog meat is kind of good, like rabbits
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#13 Feb 2, 2010
G hog eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually groudhog meat is kind of good, like rabbits
tastes like chicken..........I actually had bear meat the other day and that was delicious....

“it takes a lot to laugh”

Since: Oct 09

St Paul

#14 Feb 2, 2010
Now if the can find a way to keep the PETA dummies out of the news for six more weeks, that would be much better!
Vikings Fan

Rochester, MN

#15 Feb 2, 2010
G hog eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually groudhog meat is kind of good, like rabbits
I thought groundhog meat tasted more like chicken!
G hog eater

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Feb 2, 2010
Danny boy & Viking fan, the only way to find out how it tasted, is to eat it. I have to wait until summer to get one, that's when they'll be out there. I'll shared with you guys.
fruit bat alert

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Feb 2, 2010
Vikings Fan wrote:
Leave it to PETA to require a robotic replacement for Punxsutawney Phil because they feel he is being mis-treated. He is fed every day and has a heated borrow. I bet he is not complaining!
If I were the groundhog, I would take PETA up on their offer even though PETA is plain goofy. Replace me with a robot and I'll spend the winter in Arizona. We don't need a groundhog to tell us that we have WAY MORE than 6 weeks of winter left.
Vikings Fan

Rochester, MN

#18 Feb 2, 2010
fruit bat alert wrote:
<quoted text>If I were the groundhog, I would take PETA up on their offer even though PETA is plain goofy. Replace me with a robot and I'll spend the winter in Arizona. We don't need a groundhog to tell us that we have WAY MORE than 6 weeks of winter left.
I am OK with your idea, Arizona is probably pretty nice location for him. Maybe a nice golf course for him like Caddyshack?However, PETA wants more than a robot groundhog, they want the robot groundhog without any fur on it. Whoever heard of a hairless groundhog. That's just wrong!
Saints Fan

Aurora, IL

#19 Feb 2, 2010
Vikings Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am OK with your idea, Arizona is probably pretty nice location for him. Maybe a nice golf course for him like Caddyshack?However, PETA wants more than a robot groundhog, they want the robot groundhog without any fur on it. Whoever heard of a hairless groundhog. That's just wrong!
Actually, Miami is a much better location, notably around this time of the year!
Danny Boy

Calgary, Canada

#20 Feb 3, 2010
Rockin John Pt 2 wrote:
Now if the can find a way to keep the PETA dummies out of the news for six more weeks, that would be much better!
agreed...what a bunch of goofballs those folks are......wouldn't you figure at some point even they would get tired of their own sh*t?....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imbolc Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Groundhog Day Should Be Outlawed (Feb '14) Feb '14 ned 13
A Promise at Lammas (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
Pooties & Woozles: The Promise of the Light (Feb '12) Feb '12 Pagan and Proud 1
Yule and the magic of winter (Nov '11) Nov '11 NM Desert Rat 1
Wiccans gear up for Ball (Oct '11) Oct '11 NM Desert Rat 1
Can groundhog predict weather? (Feb '11) Feb '11 mos 13B10 3
Imbolc (Jan '11) Jan '11 pasty 12
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Imbolc People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••