Groundhog Predicts More Winter Weather

Groundhog Predicts More Winter Weather

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 1, 2009, titled Groundhog Predicts More Winter Weather. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Brace yourself for more wintry weather. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow Saturday, leading the groundhog to forecast six more weeks of winter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

back when

Menomonee Falls, WI

#1 Feb 2, 2009
winter in the upper Midwest runs through about the middle of April, we're always in a for at least one more good snowstorm about the 2nd week of April. So 10 more weeks !
HockeyBuff

Chicago Heights, IL

#2 Feb 2, 2009
Whats so "Long" about this winter?? These last couple of winters have people saying they are so long and bad and actually they are not bad at all. They are NOTHING like they were in the 60`s,70`s and 80`s. You may have a Record cold or snow here or there these last 2 but.... they do not compare to the everyday cold and snow of yesteryear. I miss those days. Made Chicago what it is. A Great city of great people that can handle anything.
Punxsutawney Paul

Lake Zurich, IL

#3 Feb 2, 2009
Good thing it was Phil they woke up at dawn and pulled him out of a warm den. Not only would I have seen my shadow, I would have bit the s-o-b that put his grubby hands on me.

“Bene Gesserit”

Since: Oct 07

Lincoln Park

#4 Feb 2, 2009
Ah.. one of my fave old movies :)
Just Look at the Sky

United States

#5 Feb 2, 2009
It's Overcast. Call me crazy, but I don't see shadows when it's overcast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imbolc Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Groundhog Day Should Be Outlawed (Feb '14) Dec '16 Tracy collier 17
News Roots of Groundhog Day: It casts a shadow back ... (Feb '15) Apr '15 guss 8
News A Promise at Lammas (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
News Pooties & Woozles: The Promise of the Light (Feb '12) Feb '12 Pagan and Proud 1
News Yule and the magic of winter (Nov '11) Nov '11 NM Desert Rat 1
News Wiccans gear up for Ball (Oct '11) Oct '11 NM Desert Rat 1
News Can groundhog predict weather? (Feb '11) Feb '11 mos 13B10 3
More from around the web