Imbolc And The Pagan Groundhog

Imbolc And The Pagan Groundhog

There are 8 comments on the Daily Mantra story from Feb 1, 2008, titled Imbolc And The Pagan Groundhog. In it, Daily Mantra reports that:

Most of us know Imbolc by its more mainstream moniker, Groundhog Day , a day on which a prophetic Pennsylvanian groundhog alerts us to the coming of spring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Mantra.

“Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici ”

Since: Dec 07

Long Island

#1 Feb 2, 2008
What a nice article about my birthday. ^-^

“Just a Koldunia”

Since: Jan 08

Kostroma

#2 Feb 2, 2008
Your Birthday? Well Happy Birthday to you....now go outside and tell me if you see your shadow :)

“Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici ”

Since: Dec 07

Long Island

#3 Feb 2, 2008
I saw my shadow! That means no more Republicans in the white house for 4 more years... XD

“Just a Koldunia”

Since: Jan 08

Kostroma

#4 Feb 2, 2008
lol

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#5 Feb 2, 2008
Natalia Tikimirova wrote:
Your Birthday? Well Happy Birthday to you....now go outside and tell me if you see your shadow :)
???? what does this mean if you dont mind me asking, and does it have to be her birthday or just imbolc? or both lol

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6 Feb 2, 2008
Kethry wrote:
<quoted text>
???? what does this mean if you dont mind me asking, and does it have to be her birthday or just imbolc? or both lol
Today is Goundhog Day.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#7 Feb 2, 2008
Sorry, I just say your IP. Today, is the day that if the groundhog sees his shadow, then there will be six more weeks of winter, but if he doesn't, then winter is 'over' :) It's celebrated in the US and Canada.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#8 Feb 4, 2008
Bitner wrote:
Sorry, I just say your IP. Today, is the day that if the groundhog sees his shadow, then there will be six more weeks of winter, but if he doesn't, then winter is 'over':) It's celebrated in the US and Canada.
Oh I thought that was "Easter"... he was dead, the stone was rolled away, he looked out and saw his shadow and we had 6 more weeks of winter....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imbolc Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Groundhog Day Should Be Outlawed (Feb '14) Jul '15 Bincat 16
News Roots of Groundhog Day: It casts a shadow back ... (Feb '15) Apr '15 guss 8
News A Promise at Lammas (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
News Pooties & Woozles: The Promise of the Light (Feb '12) Feb '12 Pagan and Proud 1
News Yule and the magic of winter (Nov '11) Nov '11 NM Desert Rat 1
News Wiccans gear up for Ball (Oct '11) Oct '11 NM Desert Rat 1
News Can groundhog predict weather? (Feb '11) Feb '11 mos 13B10 3
More from around the web