Phil Sees Shadow; Expect Six More Wee...

Phil Sees Shadow; Expect Six More Weeks of Winter : WFMZ-TV 69News

There are 9 comments on the WFMZ story from Feb 2, 2009, titled Phil Sees Shadow; Expect Six More Weeks of Winter : WFMZ-TV 69News. In it, WFMZ reports that:

If you believe Punxsutawney Phil's prediction, expect six more weeks of winter. As seen live on 69 News and WFMZ.com this morning, the world's most famous groundhog saw his shadow this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

GET REAL

Lebanon, NJ

#1 Feb 2, 2009
Leave the groundhog alone and let him get some sleep. The calender does not lie, it is still Winter through March 21, 2009 no matter what.
tamarya

Emmaus, PA

#2 Feb 2, 2009
If it sees it's shadow or not there are still 6 weeks of winter,because spring don't start till the end of march or april
Woah Shocker

Upper Darby, PA

#3 Feb 2, 2009
Unless you get a blind groundhog, it's gunna see it's shadow always. When you put that many lights and people around him, it's no reason why he runs away. Unless you speak their language, how do you know that he's actually scared of his shadow instead of the people/reporters?

Max Pain

“Why so SERIOUS? ”

Since: Jan 09

It's hard core up in da woods

#4 Feb 2, 2009
If he shows up in my garden this year...he won't be seeing anything anymore.
forpetesake4809

Stroudsburg, PA

#5 Feb 2, 2009
Way to go skunky!!! I would spray you too if you went into my hole.
Bill from Coopersburg

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Feb 2, 2009
How can we have six more weeks of winter, when Al Gore just informed us once again that we are on the edge of no return with global warming. Its funny that good old Al "the liar" Gore was delayed in giving his lie filled speech by snow and cold weather. Once again the mental patient Gore proved why liars simply prove themselves to be morons.
Smokey Bear

Roebling, NJ

#8 Feb 2, 2009
Phil or no Phil winter is here and is only leaving when it is good and ready!
Word

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 2, 2009
good, he probably predicts better than the weather man!

Since: Dec 08

Reading, PA

#10 Feb 3, 2009
i think its a neat tradition. Kids love it. and its fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imbolc Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Groundhog Day Should Be Outlawed (Feb '14) Jul '15 Bincat 16
News Roots of Groundhog Day: It casts a shadow back ... (Feb '15) Apr '15 guss 8
News A Promise at Lammas (Aug '13) Aug '13 Kathwynn 1
News Pooties & Woozles: The Promise of the Light (Feb '12) Feb '12 Pagan and Proud 1
News Yule and the magic of winter (Nov '11) Nov '11 NM Desert Rat 1
News Wiccans gear up for Ball (Oct '11) Oct '11 NM Desert Rat 1
News Can groundhog predict weather? (Feb '11) Feb '11 mos 13B10 3
More from around the web