Jurors hear Melendrez's recorded jailhouse phone calls in Day 4 of trial

Feb 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Carlsbad Current-Argus

The defendant in the Halloween hit-and-run that killed a young Carlsbad mother spoke to jurors Thursday through recordings of his phone calls from the county jail.

Comments
21 - 32 of 32 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mark

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mother of only ONE wrote:
Again, this would have never happened if the mayor would have left Halloween on Sunday night like it should have been, instead he moves it to Saturday night.
If your looking for trouble to happen to you then go out on Friday or Saturday nights.
Folks, do not ever Trick or Treat on Friday or Saturday nights, statistically they are the most dangerous nights to Trick or Treat due to the fact that the majority people are not having to work the next day and go drinking and partying and then drive home.
These two nights are also when most of the crimes are committed.
Stay home on these two nights and be safe.
Justice Served

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 21, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

He was already driving with a revoked license. Possibly a prior DUI?? Any way you go about it, this monster didn't care for a human life so much that he hit her, drug her body until it fell out of the bottom of his truck, and kept going. He didn't report the crime, and tried to hide his involvement. If it had happened any other day of the week, Melendrez would have done the same thing. The mayor has nothing to do with this crime. It was the monster behind the wheel that did it.
HUMOROUS

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 22, 2012
 
HE,S SUCH A LITTLE FAT GUY,I SAW HIM IN COURT, AND BUBBA SUCHA A BIG BAD BLACK GUY, I WISH HIM LUCK.
Justice Served

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Feb 22, 2012
 
Does anyone know how much time he will be facing at sentencing?
a torn knee at law

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Feb 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Justice Served wrote:
Does anyone know how much time he will be facing at sentencing?
carlos fierro, a prominent santa fe lawyer, did the same shittt in santa fe, ran over a pedestrian indian, and left the scene, also a state cop was his passenger drunker then shittt in the same car, fierro got a 9 year sentence 3 yrs ago, and hes up for parole this april, have you all noticed how also lately state cops have gotten in trouble, if it aint domestic violence its some other shittt,so this runt sack might get about the same, and with good time should be out in 4 or 5 years, the judges hands are also tied in cases like this, they have a minimum and maximum sentence they can enhance....

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Feb 24, 2012
 
Mother of only ONE wrote:
Again, this would have never happened if the mayor would have left Halloween on Sunday night like it should have been, instead he moves it to Saturday night.
If your looking for trouble to happen to you then go out on Friday or Saturday nights.
Oh..I had no idea that Gilbert didnt drink on Sunday! Did he know that? I thought it was legal to get drunk on Sunday too! I dont give a damn what day it is, I would NOT take my children trick or treating on Greene street anyhow because I hate streets that have an incline!!

“Carlsbad, NM”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 25, 2012
 
Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont give a damn what day it is, I would NOT take my children trick or treating on Greene street anyhow because I hate streets that have an incline!!
You rode the short bus to school, didn't ya?

Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha

S.A.D.

NEXT!!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

K0RNBACK RATTLER wrote:
<quoted text>
You rode the short bus to school, didn't ya?
Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
S.A.D.
NEXT!!
I was forced to in order to accompany your dumbaszz to keep you from hitting your head on the floor or trying to go after male boys.

“Carlsbad, NM”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
I was forced to in order to accompany your dumbaszz to keep you from hitting your head on the floor or trying to go after male boys.
"male" boys?

Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaaha

S.A.D.(I know I do)

NEXT!!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

K0RNBACK RATTLER wrote:
<quoted text>
"male" boys?
Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaaha
S.A.D.(I know I do)
NEXT!!
I realized what I wrote. maybe you like mail/e-mail boys like priests do.

“Carlsbad, NM”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Michelewith1l wrote:
<quoted text>
I realized what I wrote. maybe you like mail/e-mail boys like priests do.
Well, michellegotohell, you are right in that I like boys. Always have and always will. That's probably why they call males like me, gay.

But, you're pathetic attempt to slur over your ignorance is pathetic. It must be hell to be so GD stupid and then have to constantly say, "That's what I meant". You are semi-illiterate, you are ignorant, and you are a gay basher. Keep that trailer secure now, ya hear?

Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha

S.A.D.(I know I do)

NEXT!!
geez

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

K0RNBACK RATTLER wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, michellegotohell, you are right in that I like boys. Always have and always will. That's probably why they call males like me, gay.
But, you're pathetic attempt to slur over your ignorance is pathetic. It must be hell to be so GD stupid and then have to constantly say, "That's what I meant". You are semi-illiterate, you are ignorant, and you are a gay basher. Keep that trailer secure now, ya hear?
Bawahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha
S.A.D.(I know I do)
NEXT!!
why do you and michelle have to fight on here ? meet with each other and fight it out , this is a forum , not a place for the 2 of you to be picking on each other .. just about every topic you two have to act up , geez can't you just get a long or don't talk period . plus you have to be gross about sexual stuff , kids can see this , no one wants to see your rants on here ..enough already , start e-mailing each other if you want to cut each other down , why do it on here ? do you both lack attention or what ? please stop this !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Halloween Discussions

Search the Halloween Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Little Superman: DC will allow 'S' logo on boy'... Jul 10 Celebrating a super man 1
Debby Ryan Channels Marilyn Monroe - Get Her Co... (Oct '13) Jun '14 amw 5
"It" (1990) Jun '14 Abishai100 1
Costume collection must go (Jul '06) May '14 Top Of Mom 2
Got a plan for your Halloween costume yet? (Oct '13) May '14 Carson Hearne 7
Now Muslim parents are complaining about flyers... May '14 Patriotic Girl 14
About Town: Children Have Blast Trick-or-Treati... (Oct '12) Apr '14 Kundrot dionkie 12
•••
•••