Missouri sex offenders sue over Hallo...

Missouri sex offenders sue over Halloween restrictions

There are 42 comments on the Missourian story from Oct 9, 2008, titled Missouri sex offenders sue over Halloween restrictions. In it, Missourian reports that:

Four sex offenders in Missouri are suing over a new state law that places Halloween night restrictions on them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Missourian.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Devils advocate

Houston, TX

#43 Jan 8, 2012
I am now an adult..I was the child who was molested by my step dad for years...I have two good friends whos lives have forever been ruined due to laws that are supposed to protect the child I once was..These laws do nothing. There are higher rates of child molesting today then there was back in those days. These laws are for the nosey hens sittin next door waitn to go on a witch hunt and burn everyone at the stake! Both of my friends who have gone through this, one was the 18 yr old with the underage gf..the other was accused of a man who he was into a fight with who turned around and accused him of raping his ex gf teen daughter..there was even a virginity check and she was still a virgin..but the state picked up the charges anyway..and he now sits on a level 1 sex charge..cant get a job..cant live anywhere..and is ran off from everywhere...I see both sides of this coin..There is nothing more disgusting to the victims of the crime of child molestation then to see it abused itself..To see people use this horrible crime for their own gain..as a tool to victimize other people..
Sex crimes are real people! And yes they destroy a person for life...How dare anyone belittle that for their own gains against another! That is sickening..Will we ever get it right? Victimization is victimization..wait until you find yourself on the other side of that coin..and your life is totally ruined by ones accusations..and you dont have the money to attain a good enough lawyer to get u out of it...many of these individuals it boils down to just that..We are all causing victims due to our laws..lets get it right and have some true child protection here..ones that really work..instead of just burning everyone at the stake!
Devils advocate

Houston, TX

#44 Jan 8, 2012
Due to human nature there are always going to be nasty people out there who get off on causing others misery..false accusations ect. we need laws that state there best be good enough evidence against an individual before the state just picks up charges and rolls with em...We need a legitimate system where only the child preditors who are violent or have actually been convicted of actual molestation of a child are put onto the registry list visible for the public..those who have been convicted due to a 14 yr old who cant keep her legs shut and is doing things she has no bizz doing..ok make em register but only be visible to the police..after all they are the ones who are to be watching these individuals..if another call comes in then they can be upgraded to a more severe watch or even be made public..As it stands now our rating system is wacked and clumps all offenders into the monster category..even the ones taking a pee behind their tailgates. We are supposed to be evolved people..Lets wisen up..I could care less if my neighbor took a pee behind his truck..I want to know if its not safe to let my kids play out in the yard cuz someone is an actual child predator..also whats next? Are we going to have a skyrocketing homeless rate that will end up emposing on all of us tax payers cuz sex offenders cant find homes to live in? how about sex offenders housing additions? we force em to live in a undesirable area that we are not living? How do they pay for that if they cant get work due to their packground checks? How bout this? If they are truely a threat to society we keep em locked up right? Either way they are going to cause a drain on society..Lets get it straight though..cuz as it is now if they have truly served their time..arent violent..and havnt touched a child under say the age of 14..cuz ima tell u now there are alot of 14 yr olds very experienced in adult acts.. lol and u be the parent of a rebel 14 yr old n tell her not to do that stuff see how far it gets u..then I dont believe for one moment these types of offenders should be punished for life..If you are going to hand down a life sentence then do it the dam legal and right way..truly hand down a life sentence!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halloween Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sleepy Colorado town comes alive for Frozen Dea... Mar 12 Mitt s Airtight D... 2
News Weird News: Toilet Rat, Shopping Drones, and 'S... (Nov '13) Mar 2 Flying Phart 5
News County Line Dec '16 Ainu The Fool 1
News The time has come for the "Suck it up, Buttercu... Nov '16 Wildchild 1
News Recreation passes instead of treats big Hallowe... Nov '16 Unity 3
News Get your tickets for HALC-Acton's Halloween Dance Nov '16 scared yet 3
News Shinzo Abe proves he's a Meryl Streep fan at To... Nov '16 Russian Ainu 7
More from around the web