Russians 'bribe' groundhog to forecast end of winter

There are 8 comments on the RIA Novosti story from Feb 7, 2010, titled Russians 'bribe' groundhog to forecast end of winter. In it, RIA Novosti reports that:

Residents of the Russian city of Nizhny Novgorod were trying to bribe Olesya the Groundhog with vegetables and nuts to induce her to make better weather predictions during a ceremony marking Groundhog Day at the city's zoo on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at RIA Novosti.

Stefanya

Pleasantville, NJ

#1 Feb 7, 2010
Oh! Those copycat russians..always stealing ideas from the West and the bully superpower the USA.. But, at least they maintain some russian qualities..Bribery. That is one hundred percent russian thinking..

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 7, 2010
you're right....
Stefanya

Pleasantville, NJ

#3 Feb 7, 2010
I am a little bit confused..Is this the thread where you order groundhog meat???

I want to buy three russian groundhogs for a little dinner party I am having. Baked groundhog roast has been a favorite family food for years. I prefer live Groundies. I will butcher them my self..I like to do that..
Abe UG

Putnam Valley, NY

#4 Feb 7, 2010
Stefanya wrote:
I am a little bit confused..Is this the thread where you order groundhog meat???
I want to buy three russian groundhogs for a little dinner party I am having. Baked groundhog roast has been a favorite family food for years. I prefer live Groundies. I will butcher them my self..I like to do that..
OH NO

Don't hurt the poor groundhog!

Why do you think he's so afraid to come out?

Do you think he wants to be chopped up into bits?? You sicko Stefanya.
Small Town America UG

Pleasantville, NJ

#5 Feb 7, 2010
CSW! Brother!!

Yes, the un-mentionable is really a sicko..Wanting to kill and eat little innocent groundhogs. No wonder the russian groundhogs want to hide..Fear is the operative word those rooskies try to impart..on little innocent groundhogs. So sad. Does russia have a P.E.T.A. or animal rights organization??????
Abe UG

Putnam Valley, NY

#6 Feb 7, 2010
Small Town America UG wrote:
CSW! Brother!!
Yes, the un-mentionable is really a sicko..Wanting to kill and eat little innocent groundhogs. No wonder the russian groundhogs want to hide..Fear is the operative word those rooskies try to impart..on little innocent groundhogs. So sad. Does russia have a P.E.T.A. or animal rights organization??????
CSW back at ya bro!

Oh those poor groundhogs and other nice animals there. All those cats and dogs there. They're all probably walking around terrified knowing they could be chopped into bits by the Stefanyas running around there :(:(
Ugly Gang Scumbag Hunter

Pleasantville, NJ

#7 Feb 7, 2010
Abe UG wrote:
<quoted text>
CSW back at ya bro!
Oh those poor groundhogs and other nice animals there. All those cats and dogs there. They're all probably walking around terrified knowing they could be chopped into bits by the Stefanyas running around there :(:(
Gawd!! It really must be terrible being an animal living in russia..think of the shear terror and fear they must live under..Never knowing when they will be snatched up from their little innocent families and butchered and eaten..There are many Stefanya's roaming russia..it must be because they lack the compassion genes..they have no emotional connection to anything except the dictatorship..

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#8 Feb 8, 2010
Oh, I thought it said "Russian BRIDE Groundhog!" One of Robes rent a wives?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groundhog Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roots of Groundhog Day: It casts a shadow back ... Apr 13 guss 8
News The Weird Ways Animals Tell Us Spring Is Here Mar '15 DILF 2
News Arrest Warrant Issued For Punxsutawney Phil Feb '15 NOM s Waffle House 2
News Jimmy the Groundhog turns on Wisconsin mayor Feb '15 -Lea- 9
News Berkshire storm a " Double-digit snowfall to us... Feb '15 Obama is finished 1
News Storm to pound Northeast again Feb '15 roselisa891 3
News Groundhog day: rodents set to predict winter's ... Feb '15 others say 6 week... 1
More from around the web