PETA proposes robotic groundhog for P...

PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival

There are 23 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jan 27, 2010, titled PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

An animal rights group wants organizers of Pennsylvania's Groundhog Day festival to replace Punxsutawney Phil with a robotic stand-in. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals says it's unfair to keep the animal in captivity and subject him to the huge crowds and bright lights that accompany tens of thousands of revelers each Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Julio Bange

Hanover, PA

#21 Jan 30, 2010
What about all these animals in the wild, lets euthanize all wild animals so they won't suffer winter hunger, vehicle collisions, and other disasterous conditions. We will then replace them with robotic ones that don't feel. The production of such things will really jumpstart the economy, and the meat from all the euthanized animals can be used to feed Haitians, its a win win.
EP in VA

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#23 Mar 8, 2010
I think we should start eating humans that are mute. Do you tink PETA would "speak" for them? Probably not.
not surprised

Hunt Valley, MD

#24 Mar 8, 2010
Hey PETA how about if I make a robotic azz so you can kiss it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groundhog Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jimmy the Groundhog turns on Wisconsin mayor Jun 7 Ferretman 11
News Roots of Groundhog Day: It casts a shadow back ... Apr '15 guss 8
News The Weird Ways Animals Tell Us Spring Is Here Mar '15 DILF 2
News Arrest Warrant Issued For Punxsutawney Phil Feb '15 NOM s Waffle House 2
News Berkshire storm a " Double-digit snowfall to us... Feb '15 Anonymous 1
News Storm to pound Northeast again Feb '15 roselisa891 3
News Groundhog day: rodents set to predict winter's ... Feb '15 others say 6 week... 1
More from around the web