PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival

Full story: Evening Sun 23
An animal rights group wants organizers of Pennsylvania's Groundhog Day festival to replace Punxsutawney Phil with a robotic stand-in. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals says it's unfair to keep the animal in captivity and subject him to the huge crowds and bright lights that accompany tens of thousands of revelers each Feb. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hanging judge from hell

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jan 27, 2010
peta = idiots that sit in their warm high class show palace homes, sipping their high dollar wine and eating their high dollar crap. if you ever go to adopt a dog , etc. at a animal shelter and you see peta signs all over the place. when you fill the adoption form ,it asks do you hunt. answer yes and you won't be considered. but before you leave they will want big donation. hey phil , flip the finger to peta. yes , i will say at times peta does do some good for animals. but groundhog day is tradition here in PA.
PETA

El Paso, TX

#2 Jan 27, 2010
People Eating Tasty Animals.

But I do like the nude ads
Stoopid

Peapack, NJ

#3 Jan 27, 2010
What a great idea! Maybe they could use a stand-in, like Gus!'The Gayest Groundhog in Pennsylvania'! I never understood that superstitious and unreliable tradition anyway. Aren't groundhogs supposed to volutarily creep out of their hole, not get yanked out by some freak in a top hat?'Keep on scratchin'!
El Passo

El Paso, TX

#4 Jan 27, 2010
Stoopid wrote:
What a great idea! Maybe they could use a stand-in, like Gus!'The Gayest Groundhog in Pennsylvania'! I never understood that superstitious and unreliable tradition anyway. Aren't groundhogs supposed to volutarily creep out of their hole, not get yanked out by some freak in a top hat?'Keep on scratchin'!
It brings a lot of money to the town.
its me

United States

#5 Jan 27, 2010
They were actually considering replacing Phil with a robot stand-in, but then they started receiving too many complaints from PETRA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Robotic Animals.
LLB

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 27, 2010
Hey there "its me" - good one, thank you. Peta is a group not worth listening to. They want "ethical treatment of animals" but they don't help in animal adoptions, but they assist in euthanasia of hundreds of thousands of animals.

Many of their ideas are just plain dumb - and I can't go along with their thinking. They may have a few good ideas, but supporting them, means supporting their bad ideas too.
Mmmmmm

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

#7 Jan 27, 2010
Groundhogs are a nuisance and as far as I know not all that delicious, But it sure is a riot to watch them jump when they get shot with a .22 subsonic;)
ogabogga

Harrisburg, PA

#8 Jan 27, 2010
I love to run over ground hogs. It great to hear them thumping around in the wheel well
Chatty Cathy

Arlington, VA

#9 Jan 27, 2010
I have to say I love animals: Fried, boiled, roasted-- you name it. PETA has few if any good ideas, but like many organizations, little knowledge of how to appropriately address issues. Throwing blood on people and such is dumb, and a great way to get hurt real bad.
Doug Baysinger

Mcminnville, TN

#10 Jan 27, 2010
I will call the gopher from Caddyshack and see if he will fill in on Groundhog Day
Phil

El Paso, TX

#11 Jan 27, 2010
Has PETA considered that this groundhog is one fat bas*terd. Set him free and see how good he eats.
Mr P

Falls, PA

#12 Jan 28, 2010
Phil wrote:
Has PETA considered that this groundhog is one fat bas*terd. Set him free and see how good he eats.
So true. Punxutawney Phil does not live in the wild. He is housed year-round, fed daily, and get regular vet check ups. How si that not ethical treatment????? Phil has to work one day a year. Drug sniffing dogs work year round.
Morbius

York, PA

#13 Jan 28, 2010
Wouldn't it be preferable to have robotic PETA people instead?
ogabogga

Harrisburg, PA

#14 Jan 29, 2010
I think Phil would roast up real nice
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

#15 Jan 29, 2010
Isn't the groundhog used in York a woodchuck on a stick?
Jim Beam

Perkasie, PA

#16 Jan 29, 2010
Someone should assassinate Phil in front a live audience.
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

#17 Jan 29, 2010
Jim Beam wrote:
Someone should assassinate Phil in front a live audience.
Only if he sees his shadow, or is it if he "doesn't see his shadow, it's six more weeks of winter? Prefer Glenlivet.
cwbuff

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jan 29, 2010
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if he sees his shadow, or is it if he "doesn't see his shadow, it's six more weeks of winter? Prefer Glenlivet.
Surely, you jest,I thought you were an animal lover?
CBOW

Williamsport, PA

#19 Jan 29, 2010
cwbuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely, you jest,I thought you were an animal lover?
Yes, I do jest. We will have 6 more weeks of winter, in spite of our fuzzy friend.
not again

Great Falls, SC

#20 Jan 29, 2010
peta should maybe shut the ____ up! they take themselves WAY to seriuos

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groundhog Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Groundhog Dropped By NY Mayor Dies Sep '14 DILF 17
Balzac Billy sees no shadow, but Environment Ca... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jonny Two Shirts 2
Storm could bring more snow than Wichita has ha... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sweet on Nature 2
Only rarely is the Groundhog right. (Feb '14) Feb '14 He who knows 1
So, did Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow on Gro... (Feb '14) Feb '14 ear candy 1
Obama&#x27;s Still President, Monday the D... (Feb '14) Feb '14 ear candy 1
Michigan's Woody the Woodchuck: Six more weeks ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 ear candy 1

Groundhog Day People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE