IceFest begins in downtown Chambersburg

IceFest begins in downtown Chambersburg

There are 29 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jan 28, 2011, titled IceFest begins in downtown Chambersburg. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Billed as the biggest and best IceFest yet, Chambersburg's 9th annual winter festival began with a flourish Thursday with a large crowd on Memorial Square watching a ribbon-cutting ceremony.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Noah Webster

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Jan 28, 2011
Soon to Not be Mayor Peter MangyVane,

Who are you to make fun of another town's event?

My family has lived in Chambersburg before you came from Brooklyn, and also has ties with the Punxsutawney area. That "mangy rodent" is not mangy, and is actually taken care of much better than the way you take care of the homeless downtown. Didn't the homeless shelter just have to close because of bedbugs a week or two ago? That's a bit "mangy". Meanwhile, Phil was sleeping quite warm and clean with his family at their home in the local library.

You should also learn Geography if you wish to mock others. Punxatawney is Northwest-not North-of Chambersburg. Hopefully you can learn how to use a map when the city packs your bags and ships you out someday.

You couldn't even take the time to notice that one of the ice sculptures in the IceFest was what? A groundhog. Maybe next year someone will make a statue of of mayor with a foot in his mouth.

Peace and chicken grease,
Noah Webster
Rock Hoover

Chambersburg, PA

#27 Jan 28, 2011
Gathering around a ground hog is the height of idiocy. These people should be jailed.
whatupwiththat

Spring Grove, PA

#28 Jan 28, 2011
It's sad that the mayor of Chambersburg would put down the traditions of another PA town. I've been to both of these celebrations. The Ice Festival is nice but certainly can't compare to nationally known Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney. I met people who travelled to Punxsutawney from all over the US just to experience the Groundhog Day celebration. I doubt there will ever be a movie about your Ice Festival! And your Mayor owes Phil and the people of Punxsutawney an apology. Obviously he never met Phil or he would know better than to refer to him as 'mangy'and he obviously doesn't know what Groundhog day is really all about. Whatupwiththat?
Rock Hoover

Chambersburg, PA

#29 Jan 28, 2011
People who drive all over the country to see a groundhog and who believe he can dictate the weather should be jailed and their assets forfeited to the Federal Government.
haha

Washington, DC

#30 Jan 28, 2011
Who still says "hot chicks?"....so redneck cracker jack!
Rock Hoover wrote:
Beer, food, hot chicks, and ice sculptures. What more could you want?
Stone Dyson

Philadelphia, PA

#31 Jan 28, 2011
Rock Hoover wrote:
People who drive all over the country to see a groundhog and who believe he can dictate the weather should be jailed and their assets forfeited to the Federal Government.
And hanging out in the cold next to ice is more intelligent? Groundhog's Day, like the IceFest, is a clever tourist attraction. Neither should be mocked when it is obviously just for fun.
I don't think the Federal government is going to seize assets for being ridiculous-otherwise, your life's savings would already be gone.
drunk buck

Carlisle, PA

#32 Jan 28, 2011
Can I p*ss on some of these sculptures tonite while youre all sleeping?

Id like to see some nice yellow in that ice.

Anyone care to join me?
More fun than plain old just lookin at it.
Hot Charlie

Newville, PA

#33 Jan 28, 2011
How do you all like the ice? I love it, I don't have to walk to downtown, I walk out in front of my house. It isn't a sculpture, it is the street. The boro can spend a ton of cash on a slide and other things but can't plow our streets. Why have boro workers if they are that useless? I'm glad they park their yellow trucks at dump and sit and do nothing but they are expected to work at least 2 hrs a day. I'm still waiting for my street to be snow free. If it was a sidewalk it would have a fine notice attached to my door.
Ron Dinsmore

East Pittsburgh, PA

#36 Jan 29, 2011
What a great winter event..I wish my community would follow this festival of Ice, food and events

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groundhog Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Groundhog Day Should Be Outlawed (Feb '14) Jul 15 Bincat 16
News Jimmy the Groundhog turns on Wisconsin mayor Jul 5 private guy 12
News Roots of Groundhog Day: It casts a shadow back ... Apr '15 guss 8
News The Weird Ways Animals Tell Us Spring Is Here Mar '15 DILF 2
News Arrest Warrant Issued For Punxsutawney Phil Feb '15 NOM s Waffle House 2
News Berkshire storm a " Double-digit snowfall to us... Feb '15 Anonymous 1
News Storm to pound Northeast again Feb '15 roselisa891 3
More from around the web