A 'Mammoth' Breakfast

Jan 28, 2009 Full story: TriCities.com 10

SALTVILLE, Va. - Never mind about Punxsutawney Phil, the great weather prognosticator of Pennsylvania.

Full Story
no way

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jan 30, 2009
Does anybody out there think a peice of farm equipment with baleing twine can predict the weather?Get a load of the menu.Must be the mercury in the water.Anything to make a buck!!!
nhs88

Knoxville, TN

#2 Feb 1, 2009
Wooly helps bring our history back to our town, and it is fun for the kids to have something to relate to. Wooly is as real as a Phil in PA about the weather.
the prick

Knoxville, TN

#3 Feb 1, 2009
u guys that belive this shit of wooly predicting weather and being real must smoke some kiler hash or got stuck in ur house while be fumagated
cowgirldoesnotcr y

Henry, VA

#4 Feb 2, 2009
We happen to love Wooly and I guess you 2 from Chilhowie and Marion are just JEALOUS! There was a great turnout for the breakfast and Wooly can sure get the weather right, I think Phil the goundhog is stupid, myself.
dayscoming

Knoxville, TN

#5 Feb 4, 2009
Farm machines were intended to be used on a farm!
Its alright to have a mascot but beleving that thing is real,living breathing wooly mammoth is something else.Some body needs to see a shrink.
Maybe your good turn out is for a good laugh they get from people thinking that its real.Just another golden calf.
anonamous_

Hermitage, PA

#6 Apr 16, 2009
what do u think of mammoths do they still roam the earth or not i have stories
ecofriendly

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Apr 16, 2009
no way wrote:
Does anybody out there think a peice of farm equipment with baleing twine can predict the weather?Get a load of the menu.Must be the mercury in the water.Anything to make a buck!!!
I personally think it's kinda stupid too, but I'd rather they do that than strip another part of our land like they did on 107 just to pay for that wave pool they went in the hole for. I guess when someone waves a million bucks under their nose, they'll just about sell anything to get it. I guess that was the "easy" way out.
Lindsay

United States

#8 Jul 21, 2010
So, I'm very late in commenting on this post, however, I just heard of this ridiculous website and thought I would visit. My father created the Woolly Mammoth and if you think it's stupid, that's fine. However, don't insult his intelligence or the fact that my father paid for this project straight from his pocket to help bring tourism to Saltville. He worked his a$$ off, as many others have done, creating Woolly and Little Salty only to help our town. My father is an intelligent human being, smarter than anyone I know and I would like to see anyone even attempt to do what he has done for Saltville. He has spent many hours and a lot of money keeping Woolly running for the town. I've told him to give it up because of the lack of respect he receives, however, he keeps on keeping on. So, what I'm trying to say is..grow up and get a life. Do something with your life just as my father has done...not to mention my family who owns the farm where the equipment you are speaking of came from.

Since: Nov 09

Wytheville Va.

#9 Jul 21, 2010
Wow you people are amazing! Someone does something to help bring the community together and you bash them! This man obviously put forth a lot of time and effort into doing something for his community. I'm sure the little tykes love seeing this "Mammoth" real or not and look forward to the next year, and as a parent its exiting to see the look on your childs face as their imaginations run wild. To see them "oooo" and "awe" or laugh with excitement. For you teens who have out grown that you will understand when your children give you that same reaction. Just because something doesn't appeal to you, you should look at whose lives they do appeal to and maybe look inside yourself for some of that inner child. Maybe you'll enjoy life a little more.
Linda

Knoxville, TN

#10 Jul 21, 2010
Lindsay wrote:
So, I'm very late in commenting on this post, however, I just heard of this ridiculous website and thought I would visit. My father created the Woolly Mammoth and if you think it's stupid, that's fine. However, don't insult his intelligence or the fact that my father paid for this project straight from his pocket to help bring tourism to Saltville. He worked his a$$ off, as many others have done, creating Woolly and Little Salty only to help our town. My father is an intelligent human being, smarter than anyone I know and I would like to see anyone even attempt to do what he has done for Saltville. He has spent many hours and a lot of money keeping Woolly running for the town. I've told him to give it up because of the lack of respect he receives, however, he keeps on keeping on. So, what I'm trying to say is..grow up and get a life. Do something with your life just as my father has done...not to mention my family who owns the farm where the equipment you are speaking of came from.
I think it's a kind hearted person who would do this for our town and for the children not too many people take the time to do something that makes children happy and thanks to your Dad he has put a lot of smiles on children's faces and adults also,tell him thanks for all the long hour's and hard work for a great job and there are a lot of people that appreciate what he has done and is still doing for the enjoyment of this town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groundhog Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Balzac Billy sees no shadow, but Environment Ca... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jonny Two Shirts 2
Storm could bring more snow than Wichita has ha... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Sweet on Nature 2
Only rarely is the Groundhog right. (Feb '14) Feb '14 He who knows 1
So, did Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow on Gro... (Feb '14) Feb '14 ear candy 1
Obama's Still President, Monday the D... (Feb '14) Feb '14 ear candy 1
Michigan's Woody the Woodchuck: Six more weeks ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 ear candy 1
'Groundhog Day' home for sale (Feb '14) Feb '14 ear candy 1
•••

Groundhog Day People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••