Wisconsin's Jimmy the Groundhog predi...

Wisconsin's Jimmy the Groundhog predicts early spring, Packers win

There are 16 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 2, 2011, titled Wisconsin's Jimmy the Groundhog predicts early spring, Packers win. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Wisconsin's favorite groundhog prognosticator has some good news for blizzard-weary residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 2, 2011
At least they filed it right.. Weird News.
Petros Papadakis

Maple Plain, MN

#2 Feb 2, 2011
Jimmy predicted a Super Bowl victory for the Green Bay Packers over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

How did he do it, drink beer out of a Green Bay Helmet?
Grounddog Dave

Cottage Grove, MN

#3 Feb 2, 2011
Petros Papadakis wrote:
Jimmy predicted a Super Bowl victory for the Green Bay Packers over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Jerry threatened to molest Jimmy again if he didn't make a positive Packer prognosis.

Since: Jun 10

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 2, 2011
First an elephant, then a monkey, now a ground hog. The Steelers shouldn't even show up :)

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Feb 2, 2011
So m o n k e y is a banned word. I'd like to know the logic behind that?

Since: Nov 10

st. paul mn.

#6 Feb 2, 2011
100 % right on both accounts.
big10guy

San Francisco, CA

#7 Feb 2, 2011
Jimmy didn't see his shadow because he was covered with 18 inches of snow. Yeah, early spring all right.

st. paul mn.

#8 Feb 2, 2011
Petros Papadakis wrote:
I was wondering when the vikings will play in a super bowl, its been 20 years since you lost your last one, and you are 0 for 50 in super bowl championships, any predictions hahahahahaha

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Feb 2, 2011
PHARAOAH wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering when the vikings will play in a super bowl, its been 20 years since you lost your last one, and you are 0 for 50 in super bowl championships, any predictions hahahahahaha
I just can't wait for people to say "title town" and they're talking about Pittsburgh!

st. paul mn.

#10 Feb 2, 2011
Two Party Failure wrote:
<quoted text>
I just can't wait for people to say "title town" and they're talking about Pittsburgh!
win or loose, at least we made it, wheres your super bowl trophy i minnesnowt akept, when i come over, id like to go admire it.

st. paul mn.

#11 Feb 2, 2011
crap comp. i meant wheres your super bowl trophy kept in minnesnowta, id like to admire it when i come over.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#13 Feb 2, 2011
PHARAOAH wrote:
<quoted text>win or loose, at least we made it, wheres your super bowl trophy i minnesnowt akept, when i come over, id like to go admire it.
I get it... you'll be back here if they win, and you won't if they lose.
Petros Papadakis

Maple Plain, MN

#14 Feb 2, 2011
PHARAOAH wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering when the vikings will play in a super bowl, its been 20 years since you lost your last one, and you are 0 for 50 in super bowl championships, any predictions hahahahahaha
You have mistaken me for a Viking fan, You are wrong, Go Steelers.

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Feb 2, 2011
PHARAOAH wrote:
<quoted text>win or loose, at least we made it, wheres your super bowl trophy i minnesnowt akept, when i come over, id like to go admire it.
Win and you'll be back to gloat, lose and you won't be back until they're in it again.

st. paul mn.

#18 Feb 2, 2011
Two Party Failure wrote:
<quoted text>
Win and you'll be back to gloat, lose and you won't be back until they're in it again.
maybe, but in wisconsin we have super bowl memories, how great it was to win, i think the point will be made if we win again, i doubt ill be back, there will be way to many others doing the gloating for me.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#19 Feb 2, 2011
How many hundreds of animals did they go through before paying one to predict gb?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groundhog Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jimmy the Groundhog turns on Wisconsin mayor Jun 7 Ferretman 11
News Roots of Groundhog Day: It casts a shadow back ... Apr '15 guss 8
News The Weird Ways Animals Tell Us Spring Is Here Mar '15 DILF 2
News Arrest Warrant Issued For Punxsutawney Phil Feb '15 NOM s Waffle House 2
News Berkshire storm a " Double-digit snowfall to us... Feb '15 Anonymous 1
News Storm to pound Northeast again Feb '15 roselisa891 3
News Groundhog day: rodents set to predict winter's ... Feb '15 others say 6 week... 1
More from around the web