Westboro sign: 'Santa Claus will take you to hell'

Full story: The York Daily Record

A Kansas-based church that has blamed deaths in Iraq on U.S. tolerance of homosexuality has asked Washington Gov.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
marlin

Long Branch, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 11, 2008
 
Westboro baptist CULT will take you there faster.
Bunch of ignorant losers bent on hate.
not ok

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 11, 2008
 
I agree, Marlin.

I can't wait till all of the sick fu_cks @ Westboro Baptist Church die & have to meet their maker ... I'm pretty sure they'll be quite surprised that their God isn't going to want ANYTHING to do with their evil, sick, and sadistic bullsh_it. One can only hope they'll all rot in hell.
No Thanks

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 11, 2008
 
Sorry Rev., I'm doing just fine, screwing up on my own, without your sign reminder. More than THIS sign, I despise everything you folks spew, especially degrading our TRUE AMERICAN HEROES who you protest at their funerals. May your souls rot in hell. You deserve worse than even that. God help us all. Let us all attempt to overlook these degenerates.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 11, 2008
 
Don't people realize that Westboro wants all of this media attention? Ignore them and they'll go away.
capt kranky

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 11, 2008
 
What a bone-head group of 'people' this church has as members. The press will give them attention, hopefully people won't be interested in this group or the media stories.
nina

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 11, 2008
 
Headhunter 300M wrote:
Don't people realize that Westboro wants all of this media attention? Ignore them and they'll go away.
they keep threatening to make field trips to Canada

but our Border Services has said that they won't be allowed to enter

a theatre in Vancouver recently stages The Laramie Project - which Phelps & Co threatened to boycott

they never showed - no word if they tried and failed to cross or just didn't bother

in any event, a lot of people turned out to protest against them

While I disagree with them entirely

they serve an important role in sparking public discussion - and ultimately, they will unite more people against their cause than attracting people to it
Santas Elf

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 11, 2008
 
Westboro Baptist... May GOD open your eyes and see the light and watch over you. I hope he enables you literacy so that you may read the word of GOD and understand him in this wonderful time of year.
Merry CHRISTmas!!
greenmeansgo

Camp Hill, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 11, 2008
 
I'd like to go up the pastor of this church, wrap my arms around him bury my tongue down his throat....and I'm not even gay.
DARK STAR

Gettysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 11, 2008
 
I don't know about Santa but, plastic can take
you to hell toot sweet.
MartinP

Verona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 11, 2008
 
First, let me say that I am an evangelical Christian.
Secondly, this guy is nuts and needs to be locked in a padded cell for the rest of his pitiful life.
Jesus loves His creation. And He loves all people.
This Phelps guy thinks Billy Graham is a heretic.
I cannot fathom the idea that Phelps has anyone in that church that listen to him.
nosferatu

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 12, 2008
 
Funny rhyme though.

“Godless and free”

Since: Oct 08

Sydney, London, Tokyo, NYC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 12, 2008
 
MartinP wrote:
First, let me say that I am an evangelical Christian.
Secondly, this guy is nuts and needs to be locked in a padded cell for the rest of his pitiful life.
Jesus loves His creation. And He loves all people.
This Phelps guy thinks Billy Graham is a heretic.
I cannot fathom the idea that Phelps has anyone in that church that listen to him.
So shouldn't you be expressing your views on the 'evangelical Christian forum'? I'd assume there is one?

Ohh that's right, you think it is your right to inform everyone about the existence of a non-domicile all powerful being? Read this and then come back with a substantive answer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7774287.s...
Geez

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 12, 2008
 
These people are fanatical and crazy like the looneys in the Middle East. Send them all to Iraq.
If I were the YDR , I would not even print about their shenanigans.
Mike

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 12, 2008
 
Maelstrom... shouldn't you be expressing your views on the `athiest forum'? I'd assume there is one?
Ohh that's right, you think it is your right to inform everyone about the non-existence of a non-domicile all powerful being?

I know you think you are performing a service to the world... but the simple fact is you are every bit as much as a fanatic as an evangelical christian... i honestly think it's a personality type that is drawn to fanaticism, be it a religion, lack thereof, sports or politics... the rest of us are too busy living our lives...
Bill

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 12, 2008
 
I agree. People need to relax and let other people live their lives. Nobody cares what you believe in, unless you somehow come to the conclusion that other MUST believe the same thing you do.

I don't have a problem with people until they tell me what to believe or what not to believe. get a life, and make it one that doesn't revolve around pestering others.

The way I see it, if the only thing a life of religion gets you is a measure of peace on your deathbes, time well spent.

“Godless and free”

Since: Oct 08

Sydney, London, Tokyo, NYC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 12, 2008
 
Mike wrote:
Maelstrom... shouldn't you be expressing your views on the `athiest forum'? I'd assume there is one?
Ohh that's right, you think it is your right to inform everyone about the non-existence of a non-domicile all powerful being?
I know you think you are performing a service to the world... but the simple fact is you are every bit as much as a fanatic as an evangelical christian... i honestly think it's a personality type that is drawn to fanaticism, be it a religion, lack thereof, sports or politics... the rest of us are too busy living our lives...
Stop the press, this is the atheist forum, hello?

And I'm hardly fanatical, believe what you want to believe, it is your right as a free person, but don't assume it is your right to impose your mystic views on the rest of society.

Afterall, the christian god is the same as the muslim god, so if you reject islam, then surely you must reject your own religion??

And please - justify for me, how can you accept the legitimacy of your own religion whilst rejecting all others, when their basis of faith is the same as yours? Surely, if you accept one religion, then logically you must accept all religions, as surely you can neither prove nor disprove the existence of either? It is a matter of faith after all?

“Godless and free”

Since: Oct 08

Sydney, London, Tokyo, NYC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 12, 2008
 
Mike wrote:
Maelstrom... shouldn't you be expressing your views on the `athiest forum'? I'd assume there is one?
Ohh that's right, you think it is your right to inform everyone about the non-existence of a non-domicile all powerful being?
I know you think you are performing a service to the world... but the simple fact is you are every bit as much as a fanatic as an evangelical christian... i honestly think it's a personality type that is drawn to fanaticism, be it a religion, lack thereof, sports or politics... the rest of us are too busy living our lives...
Stop the press, this is the atheist forum, hello?

And I'm hardly fanatical, believe what you want to believe, it is your right as a free person, but don't assume it is your right to impose your views on the rest of society. Especially as that society is a secular one. As much as you might hate it, the founding fathers (quite rightly) designated a separation between church and state.

After all, the christian god is the same as the muslim god, so if you reject islam, then surely you must reject your own religion??

And please - justify for me, how can you accept the legitimacy of your own religion whilst rejecting all others, when their basis of faith is the same as yours? Surely, if you accept one religion, then logically you must accept all religions, as surely you can neither prove nor disprove the existence of either? It is a matter of faith after all?

But frankly I think you fail to grasp the basic tenants of atheism, which is free inquiry, fact based insight and self determination, something solely lacking in any major faith.
nina

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 12, 2008
 
MartinP wrote:
...
I cannot fathom the idea that Phelps has anyone in that church that listen to him.
his church has 30 or so members, and they are all related by blood or marriage
nina

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 12, 2008
 
Maelstrom wrote:
<quoted text>
...After all, the christian god is the same as the muslim god, so if you reject islam, then surely you must reject your own religion??...
that's the lie they tell themselves to handle the cognitive dissonance created when each religion discovered each other
Bill

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 12, 2008
 
Athiest forum? You even know what you are doing? This is a topix forum linked to an article in a local newspaper. Hello? Hello? Full of yourself aren't you.

Do you spend all day cut and pasting replys into internet forums? You should go outside some, the fresh air would do you wonders.

And the only person imposing their views on other is you pal. Really, read a post before you paste in your standard response. Have some insight of your own and not a collection or trite cliched phrases you got off another bulletin board.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Festivus Discussions

Search the Festivus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
'Festivus' pole to join Christian nativity in C... (Dec '13) Dec '13 1 American Thinker 1
Dear Conservatives: You do not own Christmas (Nov '13) Dec '13 Jumper The Wise 31
At Last! The Patch Holiday Candy Guide (Dec '12) Dec '12 FULL MONTY 1
Rejoice! Festivus is Here (Dec '11) Dec '11 Weird Frankie 3
'iCarly' spaghetti tacos sound goofy to parents... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Sparkina 2
Wisconsin restaurant to hold Seinfeld-inspired ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 george barnett 8
Merry Christmas and Happy Festivus (Dec '10) Dec '10 Stefka 8
•••
•••