Inmate invokes 'Seinfeld'-invented ho...

Inmate invokes 'Seinfeld'-invented holiday to avoid eating jail's salami | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 24 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 14, 2010, titled Inmate invokes 'Seinfeld'-invented holiday to avoid eating jail's salami | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A Festivus for the rest of us? A convicted drug dealer in California cited his adherance to the holiday celebrated on a Seinfeld episode to get better meals at the Orange County jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Reader

Eustis, FL

#1 Dec 14, 2010
Now, this is funny!
Cygnus

New York, NY

#2 Dec 14, 2010
Festivus for the rest'ofus!!
I LUV It - Local News

Dublin, OH

#3 Dec 14, 2010
Happy Festivus!
jerry george elaine cosmo

Pickerington, OH

#4 Dec 14, 2010
LONG live SEINFELD
AmberDru

Columbus, OH

#5 Dec 14, 2010
Anyone know what's in the kosher meal?

Not, that I'll need to know...
watcher

Columbus, OH

#6 Dec 14, 2010
Who in their right mind would even let this guy have his way for a moment, let alone two months? Someone has to step up to the plate and stop this craziness.
Griefer

Columbus, OH

#7 Dec 14, 2010
Cmon Dispatch, this was posted on the AP wire yesterday and you omitted information!
MsCaRtErToBe

Columbus, OH

#8 Dec 14, 2010
just to show that our hard working tax dollars do work!!!
featsofstrength

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Dec 14, 2010
Festivus for the rest of us.
John Blutarsky

Columbus, OH

#10 Dec 14, 2010
A middle name of Alarmo?

If he doesn't like the salami sandwiches he can always have a jam sandwich. 2 slices of bread jammed together with nothing between them. Or does he expect a full service menu in jail.
say what

Newark, OH

#11 Dec 14, 2010
With all the Seinfeld references, everyone's missed the most humorous part of this story...the title. C'mon, nobody thought "avoid eating jail's salami" meant something else?
Wha Happened

Grove City, OH

#12 Dec 14, 2010
Now, for the feats of strength!
Hey now

Dublin, OH

#13 Dec 14, 2010
Now this here is funny.
workingdadof7

Columbus, OH

#14 Dec 14, 2010
Where's the soup nazi when you need him?
dude

Columbus, OH

#15 Dec 14, 2010
I wouldn't want to do the "feats of strength" in jail.
Good comment "say what". I must be slipping in my older days because that's the first thing I should have thought.

Since: Jul 10

Columbus, OH

#16 Dec 14, 2010
it's at least fun enough that you can joke about something as novel and this and involving christmas, and we can all get a hoot out of it. not your typical columbus dispatch thread! Hey Now!

nastyNate

“I wake up and piss excellence”

Since: Nov 09

Columbus, OH

#17 Dec 14, 2010
FEATS OF STRENGTH!!!
Do Tell

Westerville, OH

#18 Dec 14, 2010
Anybody remember the sheriiff in Arizona? send them to him and see how much they complain...If you don't like the food...don't come back
Guy Average

Columbus, OH

#19 Dec 14, 2010
AmberDru wrote:
Anyone know what's in the kosher meal?
Not, that I'll need to know...
A poster on the OC Register board said that it is the "non-pork option", and that whenever there is pork in the regular meal that they just substitute either two pieces of bread or one potato for the pork dish. http://taxdollars.ocregister.com/2010/12/10/f...
Guy Average

Columbus, OH

#20 Dec 14, 2010
Sorry for the double post.

Its a Festivus Miracle!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Festivus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Festivus' pole to join Christian nativity in C... (Dec '13) Dec '13 1 American Thinker 1
News Dear Conservatives: You do not own Christmas (Nov '13) Dec '13 Jumper The Wise 31
News At Last! The Patch Holiday Candy Guide (Dec '12) Dec '12 FULL MONTY 1
News Rejoice! Festivus is Here (Dec '11) Dec '11 Weird Frankie 3
News Westboro sign: 'Santa Claus will take you to hell' (Dec '08) Mar '11 redneck 41
News 'iCarly' spaghetti tacos sound goofy to parents... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Sparkina 2
News Wisconsin restaurant to hold Seinfeld-inspired ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 george barnett 8
More from around the web