Despite outcry, Christmas house owner...

Despite outcry, Christmas house owner light show a no-go

There are 47 comments on the Newsday.com story from Jul 13, 2009, titled Despite outcry, Christmas house owner light show a no-go. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

Peter Walker was excited that later this year he and his wife, Lori-Ann, would bring their daughter, Emma Grace, to see the elaborate Christmas lights at the home of fellow North Babylon resident Andrew Spadafora.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

christmas cheer 2010

Dover, NJ

#22 Nov 27, 2010
rabecca wrote:
the neighbors are all glad they are not doing it anymore. there are plenty of other houses to go and look at..just be done with this post.....
just be done with your comments. you didnt pay for it.you have no room to talk. so stop. bye
christmas cheer 2010

Dover, NJ

#23 Nov 27, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what you are talking about, shut your trap and crawl back under the rock you rolled out from under.

you don't have ANY room to talk. ok? you didn't do the display and it didn't "harm" you.. so stop being a wuss.
christmas cheer 2010

Dover, NJ

#24 Nov 27, 2010
sick of this wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he never does it again!!!! if you want to give to a charity, send it yourself!
it was a nice donation and your very spiteful ...shutup.
christmas cheer 2010

Dover, NJ

#25 Nov 27, 2010
Miracle Worker wrote:
To be frank and honset, I don't appreciate those people who decorate every inch of their property with Christmas `decorations. Give me the subtle approach of white lights on the trees and bushes in front of the house, along the gutters if desired and candles in all the front windows. Nobody's neighbors will object to this treatment.
it was a nice display..does it matter? are you paying thier bills? fraid not. and it's called HOLIDAY SPIRIT. get used to It cause NOW PEOPLE DO IT MUCH BIGGER=] HAVE YOU REACHED A REALITY CHECK YET?? ALL OF YOU NEED ..TO GROW UP AND FAST .. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW SAD THIS LOOKS.
No Go

Bellmore, NY

#26 Nov 27, 2010
Well, he can eat all of his decorations now. Guy did a nice display. I went every year - we must move on.

I thought this was Deer Park not North babylon?
Nikki

Bronx, NY

#27 Nov 27, 2010
You obviously don't know them and have no right to judge. The spadaforas are two of the most generous, honest, selfless people you could ever meet. Yes it may be an inconvenience To some neighbors but they have gone out if their way to have signs made up and to direct traffic. Christmas is about giving and I think this family and all of their efforts are an example more people should follow. Bah humbug to you!!!
da Ghetto

Bellmore, NY

#28 Nov 28, 2010
well, I can tell you this, when I went to the house for the Christmas decorations. The area was shanty and border line Ghetto. I felt unsafe like I was about to get car jacked.
Wrong Turn

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Nov 29, 2010
da Ghetto: Not to be disparaging, my friend, but you may have wound up in the wrong community altogether. Doesn't sound like the fully-decorated home we're talking about here. Perhaps you need a GED for your car. Put that on your Christmas list.
And, please try again, it's worth the sight for you and your family. What happened to the Newsday holiday house photo spread, by the way? It celebrated these projects as well as other types of Christmas decorations and was always looked forward to.
No Comment

Schaumburg, IL

#32 Dec 3, 2010
carmine wrote:
<quoted text> Are you kidding! Pay his Bill! if he can't afford it he shouldn't do it! I don't see any of the other christmas houses asking for money! They do just as much as he does,(BTW he hires a crew to put his lights up and most of the other houses di it all themselves!)
He doesn't hire a crew...they work for him and he pays their salary.
A Neighbor

Bethpage, NY

#33 Dec 3, 2010
Seriously pal, your ignorance shines through like your Christmas lights. Everyone on Kime has great spirit, but you don't live here and do not see what happens; for us it was a 4 month ordeal. Even today, with no lights, people still come down the block looking for it. Nobody had a roblem with his reason, just the problems it caused. Stop calling people names whom you have never met. If you have something to say, be a man and come down and say it to our faces, don't hide behind a computer with your ignorant comments. To all, Merry Christmas to you and your families - may this be the end of a good year with the start of a better one.
christmas cheer 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
who are you to judge people? you're not god. your not the greatest looking person ever and you needs to growup as well. your neck probally looks like a whopper.
Moshe

Bay Shore, NY

#34 Dec 4, 2010
How dare you post this during the festival of lights. All post of this nature should be suspended during the Jewish holiday season.

Happy Chanuka
x mas cheer

Dover, NJ

#35 Dec 4, 2010
da Ghetto wrote:
well, I can tell you this, when I went to the house for the Christmas decorations. The area was shanty and border line Ghetto. I felt unsafe like I was about to get car jacked.
its a nice area and if you wanna see ghetto go to the city and suburbs at night.get your facts straight =]
x mas cheer

Dover, NJ

#36 Dec 4, 2010
Moshe wrote:
How dare you post this during the festival of lights. All post of this nature should be suspended during the Jewish holiday season.
Happy Chanuka
happy chaunka..but people are allowed to share thier beliefs as well.
x mas cheer

Dover, NJ

#37 Dec 4, 2010
A Neighbor wrote:
Seriously pal, your ignorance shines through like your Christmas lights. Everyone on Kime has great spirit, but you don't live here and do not see what happens; for us it was a 4 month ordeal. Even today, with no lights, people still come down the block looking for it. Nobody had a roblem with his reason, just the problems it caused. Stop calling people names whom you have never met. If you have something to say, be a man and come down and say it to our faces, don't hide behind a computer with your ignorant comments. To all, Merry Christmas to you and your families - may this be the end of a good year with the start of a better one.
<quoted text>
nothing that bad happened and he paid for the damedge that was caused so whats the issue? i may not live thier but people are calling him fat and stuff? that isn't judgemental? and i will not stoop down to your level and "confront you" you're no better cause you also talked trash on he here. i'd say that's quite hypocritical of you! stop complaining and get over it! a majority of people liked it..even one's on your block. so i'd bite your tounge. thank you happy holidays to all! don't aruging with this immature person. grow up!!
x mas cheer

Dover, NJ

#38 Dec 4, 2010
A Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
oh and for the record, no ones hiding. just speaking the truth. thanks bye.
x mas cheer

Dover, NJ

#39 Dec 4, 2010
No Go wrote:
Well, he can eat all of his decorations now. Guy did a nice display. I went every year - we must move on.
I thought this was Deer Park not North babylon?
he did do a nice display but eat? what's that suppost to mean? he did a great cause. why don't we leave it at that? thank you.
happy holidays

Dover, NJ

#40 Dec 4, 2010
A Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
wow? i agree you need to get your panties out of a knot.
happy holidays

Dover, NJ

#41 Dec 4, 2010
christmas cheer 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously your dumb ... they didnt do anything 2u it was for charity and children .. grow upp!!
WAAAAAAA! MR GRINCH
A Neighbor

Bethpage, NY

#44 Dec 4, 2010
No I actually haven't stated anything on here so I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Stoop to my level? My friend, you couldn't even reach high enough to get to my level. I think you need to look at a dictionary before you comment, you are the one responding to all the posts and then telling others to stop arguing. I know my neighbors well, they do not want to clean up the garbage left behind, traffic is not directed by him and he didn't pay a cent to fix any property damage. I'm sure you don't know him, so you can stop making those claims. Like I said, nobody had a problem with his reason for doing it, but living here as we do - we are here more than visitors one hour visit - so you/they do not see everything. I never made any judgement about him, I commented on what was said. If people think its one month, they should have been here in Sept when it allstarts. People have a right to live and keep their property nice, we shouldn't have to clean up after visitors and deal with those that are inconsiderate. Thats the only issue and now it is done. Have a good holiday, hope you get a dictionary for Christmas.
x mas cheer wrote:
<quoted text> nothing that bad happened and he paid for the damedge that was caused so whats the issue? i may not live thier but people are calling him fat and stuff? that isn't judgemental? and i will not stoop down to your level and "confront you" you're no better cause you also talked trash on he here. i'd say that's quite hypocritical of you! stop complaining and get over it! a majority of people liked it..even one's on your block. so i'd bite your tounge. thank you happy holidays to all! don't aruging with this immature person. grow up!!
x mas cheer 2010

Garden City, NY

#45 Dec 7, 2010
i hope you get some common sence for christmas. that's enough. ok? seriously i know what he did i know him personally there's more people for him than agianst him. AND SWEETIE? IM A GIRL!! my boyfriend typed some of this but it still doesn't give you the right to be judgemental. you butted your nose into OUR opinion. you're checking this everyday seeing who wrote what and probaly waiting for me to respond. lol. listen i'll save you the time. don't respond. no one wants to hear you complain with your lies. i know the truth. agian yes. happy holidays to all. this guy needs a clue. or a brain whichever comes first. if he can find them. take care. clueless jerk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christmas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rapper Master P makes Christmas bright for murd... (Dec '13) Thu rebel111 4
News Home Improvement (Jun '12) Jun 29 nicolemorgan 23
News Pancho Claus: A Tex-Mex Santa from the South Pole (Dec '13) Jun 28 Santafarts 12
News Capitola condo residents steamed by loss of heat (Dec '08) Jun 16 Megheede 22
News Deadly Roads (Dec '13) Jun 15 Jwick 2
News Police intercept 100kg of party drugs hidden in... Jun 8 Gord 1
News Martina, Wynonna Lead Elvis Duets Album (Aug '08) Jun '15 Megan 12
More from around the web