Strange & Unusual - Elf on a Shelf

Strange & Unusual - Elf on a Shelf

There are 18 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Dec 12, 2007, titled Strange & Unusual - Elf on a Shelf. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Talk Back: Post a comment on this article By Brian Curtis KXAS/NBC News Channel A new Christmas tradition is finding its way into a number of homes this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

Megamailer

United States

#1 Dec 12, 2007
Great, one more way to instill paranoia in our children

Since: Jul 07

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Dec 12, 2007
Who wants to bet it'll never come back from the north Pole when it gets recalled for excessive lead levels?
DUH-DUBBLE-DUH

Charleston, WV

#3 Dec 12, 2007
I named my ELF RAT .... CAUSE HE EATS CHEESE....

tells on everybody.?.. why, we would stomp a mudhole in his as* then wade it dry....

OH.. I get it.... We lie to the kiddies about SANTA... NOW we are going to lie to them again on some INFORMANT.??

We need a little elf that goes to prison and quits chirping like a bird...And gets shanked.

back in duh day we called it TATTLE TALES...

I have heard it all.. ANything for a buck.. I guess...
Creamed Fetus on Toast

Hayward, CA

#4 Dec 12, 2007
My god, if the child touches the elf he's done for?! Who invented this horrible thing?

"Sorry, Suzy, but the elf will never move again. You killed it, Suzy. You killed it with your touch."

WAAAAAAA Mommy don't touch me ever again Mommy or you'll die too! I can't touch my puppy or my hamster or my friends or Daddy or Grandma or they're all going to diiiiiieee!!!!

Holy crap, how many lives is this thing going to ruin?

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#5 Dec 12, 2007
The world doesn't have enough paranoid wacko children. This is perfect.

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Dec 12, 2007
DUH-DUBBLE-DUH wrote:
I named my ELF RAT .... CAUSE HE EATS CHEESE....
tells on everybody.?.. why, we would stomp a mudhole in his as* then wade it dry....
OH.. I get it.... We lie to the kiddies about SANTA... NOW we are going to lie to them again on some INFORMANT.??
We need a little elf that goes to prison and quits chirping like a bird...And gets shanked.
back in duh day we called it TATTLE TALES...
I have heard it all.. ANything for a buck.. I guess...
Yeah, I have a big problem with the whole "Santa" thing. Thou shalt lie, right? But um....

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#7 Dec 12, 2007
Would you like to have a tea party? I still have my teaset...invisible tea and cookies anyone?
DUH-DUBBLE-DUH

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 12, 2007
THere won't be enough counsellors available..Considering the BABY BOOM and all..

We're doomed.. IT's a China war tactic, I tell ya.. REVISE the GENEVA convention thingy .....NOW!...

We better start setting aside tax monies for this one...

I knew it would come back to us.. WHAT A TERRIBULL WEB WE WEAVE.......
snow rider

Jackson Heights, NY

#9 Dec 15, 2007
I have and elf on a shelf given to me in the 1960's by my grandfather.It appears to be the same design with the same basic facial features. It is green and red instead of red and white.Does he have any value?

opistoglyph

Ravena, NY

#10 Dec 15, 2007
Marilyn -MW wrote:
Would you like to have a tea party? I still have my teaset...invisible tea and cookies anyone?
I would love to have a tea with you. My favorite are the imaginary cookies and cakes. Naja is a gracious hostess, can she come? Of course, Fuzzy Bear has to attend teas with her...

Location hidden

#11 Dec 15, 2007
opistoglyph wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to have a tea with you. My favorite are the imaginary cookies and cakes. Naja is a gracious hostess, can she come? Of course, Fuzzy Bear has to attend teas with her...
Yikes-stop that right now...I was trying to point out that girls are being raised to be gullible schizophrenics and this new toy will create paranoid schizophrenics.

You put real tea and cookies in her cup right now!

Truly, put something in it at least most of the time, pretend is good but too much pretend isn't.

opistoglyph

Ravena, NY

#12 Dec 15, 2007
Marilyn -MW wrote:
<quoted text> Yikes-stop that right now...I was trying to point out that girls are being raised to be gullible schizophrenics and this new toy will create paranoid schizophrenics.
You put real tea and cookies in her cup right now!
Truly, put something in it at least most of the time, pretend is good but too much pretend isn't.
True. Could wind up with adults who spend all their time on offbeat! ;)

Location hidden

#13 Dec 15, 2007
opistoglyph wrote:
<quoted text>True. Could wind up with adults who spend all their time on offbeat! ;)
Exactly.....see what it has done to us?
DUH-O-PEEK-AT-ST UFF

Charleston, WV

#14 Dec 15, 2007
Do you care if I video tape this?

IT will be shaky

IT's shake and bake...

AND DUH HELPED..!!

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Dec 15, 2007
"If a child touches him, he'll lose all of his magic, and he'll never move or do anything again," Emma explained.

In talking to my friend, she said this:

"Like Michael Jackson! All his talent and success disappeared after he f**ked kids! It turned him into a white woman/alien."

At least I thought it was funny.

Location hidden

#16 Dec 15, 2007
Joe_ wrote:
"If a child touches him, he'll lose all of his magic, and he'll never move or do anything again," Emma explained.
In talking to my friend, she said this:
"Like Michael Jackson! All his talent and success disappeared after he f**ked kids! It turned him into a white woman/alien."
At least I thought it was funny.
LOL...I do too.
madspinner

Madison, WI

#17 Nov 18, 2011
snow rider wrote:
I have and elf on a shelf given to me in the 1960's by my grandfather.It appears to be the same design with the same basic facial features. It is green and red instead of red and white.Does he have any value?
My wife also has one of theese and she too got hers in the 60's It is green and white she calls here Herme pronounced Her me. She is going to ask her mopther who got it for her and when
GREEN

Douglas, GA

#19 Dec 3, 2011
snow rider wrote:
I have the same Elf that was given to me by my Aunt & Uncle who lived in Baltimore! I don't remember a book or anything - it was used like a ribbon on our Christmas Package.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christmas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 33 min NightSerf 4,491
News Where is Vallejo's vision? (Jan '13) 8 hr Anonymous 2
Ugly Christmas Sweaters Jun 7 wishingitwaschris... 1
News Tickets now on sale for United Way Holiday Hous... (Nov '14) Jun 1 met-fundraising-t... 2
News Cold Case: Sodder Family Fire (May '09) May 31 Burnt Up 63
News Portsmouth parents speak out about school princ... (Jan '10) May '16 Former student 621
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May '16 Patrick 219
More from around the web