Ashland not always such a negative place to live.

Jan 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ashland Times-Gazette

Ashland not always such a negative place to live.. December 30, 2009 I have written in the past in regards to my negative experiences here in Ashland County... Me not being a native Ashlander, has found it difficult to fit in and be accepted... In saying that, I must state that I have endured my share of prejudices and negative encounters with ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
freddietreisch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Judged:

I for one agree with you. I grew up in loundonville,but moved to mansfield for a number of years , I moved back 3 years ago an i feel i get snubbed at all school pto. Or other city functions including job interviews.My children are just now feeling they belong an in the past thet out of place feeling was influcing thier school work an after school activities.Now my husband he feels pretty well at home. But I do say I never thought I see him in hunting gear,heading for the woods.But , yes Ashland , Is a comunity that judges by what you have
former ashlander

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2011

The people of ashland are snobs and stuck on themselves. I lived up there for 3 years and never could seem to fit in when out in public functions or sporting events.Once they find out your not from ashland, they treat you different! Very childish by the parents that I had to deal with. I moved to another state and have fit in just fine.
Thanks Ashland for showing me the exit
YellowSubmarine

Elkton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

I've been here for 3yrs )=

Been harassed by law, nearly everytime I'm walking.
& if your kids are older they probably like Ashland bc they can find easy drugs & even easier ppl to "bang" Yes, the benefits are good for single parents but in the long haul it costs a fortune to keep up with all the bogus charges that the Ashland police will get you for...

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

I have found that the people who grew up in Ashland have nothing to snub their noses at...I know a few who are really not like the image they portray.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

forgot to add I know a bunch of church going hypocrites in Ashland.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••