Dressed Like Santa, Brookland Band Teacher Attacks Superintendent

Dec 28, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KAIT-TV Jonesboro

“Found in the vehicle was another 9 mm pistol which was loaded”

A Brookland school employee is facing multiple charges after dressing up like Santa Claus and attacking the Brookland Superintendent and his family in their home Thursday night. via KAIT-TV Jonesboro

Comments
1 - 20 of 83 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
gabby

College Station, TX

#1 Dec 28, 2007
does anyone know why this guy would do this to the superintendant? Sounds like he was disgruntled about the situation his wife was in and how it was handled by the school.
Rick Rancid

Lake Charles, LA

#2 Dec 29, 2007
gabby wrote:
does anyone know why this guy would do this to the superintendant? Sounds like he was disgruntled about the situation his wife was in and how it was handled by the school.
Does anyone know why someone would ask a question and then proceed to answer it? Sounds like I'm trying to make a point.
brookland alumni

United States

#3 Dec 29, 2007
Because Mcgaughey is an asshole who doesn't handle certain situations in a neutral manner. He has chose to take action against certain incidents which were fairly small and then taken no action against things which were very serious. I gradutated before vaughn's time when McGaughey was principal and he seemed to only be out for himself and his favorites.
TCB

College Station, TX

#4 Dec 29, 2007
I assumed there had to be more to the story. KAIT and the Sun would never bring that to the publics attention. What was the situation that caused the teacher to have to have surgery?
close to home

Auburn Hills, MI

#5 Jan 14, 2008
I think there is alot more to the story than is being told. There is 2 sides to the story but it is as though it is poor Mr McGaughey. He is not as innocent as he seems. We here in Brookland have kids in Band and know this teacher. The whole story is not being brought out. Alot more happened in the days before than is being told.
I am not in anyway saying what Mr Vaughn did was right, but we don't all know the whole story of what really happened leading up to this event.
Ray

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2008
it sounds to me like the only two people who know anything about this are the two involved.
Brittany R

United States

#7 Jan 16, 2008
So I guess if you have a problem with somebody, it's okay to go to there home and try to kill there whole family, just because your mad about some decision he made about your wife. Let's all excuse him because he was under stress. Get a life, we all have stress and hard times and things we don't find fair. But we dont' solve our problems by trying to kill a man and his family.
Ray

United States

#8 Jan 16, 2008
i must have missed something, i did not know that he killed this principals whole family. the news did not report that.
Brittany R

United States

#9 Jan 16, 2008
I said trying to kill, not kill. He had enough ammo and gasoline to kill the whole family and burn the house down. That's what the police think he was intending. That was in the paper. 6932
Ray

United States

#10 Jan 17, 2008
if he had gasoline and plenty of ammo why not set the house on fire and shoot them as they came out? i think if he went there with intent of murder then there would be dead bodies. and why did the principal not defend his families lives by shooting this so called psyco santa?
Brittany R

United States

#11 Jan 18, 2008
The facts are correct. I work in a position in which I have first hand knowledge of the events that transpired, and actually had contact with both the victim and the perpetrator the night of the event. The police are very aware of what his intentions were, that's why he's being charged with attempt to commit capital murder. And the principal did defend his family; his wounds were defensive wounds.
CLOSE TO HOME

Little Rock, AR

#12 Jan 18, 2008
YOUR FACTS MAY BE CORRECT IN WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT. BUT...WHAT YOU ARE NOT CONSIDERING IS THE FACTS THAT LEAD UP TO WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT. YOU DON'T EVIDENTLY KNOW WHAT LEAD TO WHY HE WENT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. THIS IS VERY VERY OUT OF PERSON FOR MR VAUGHN. I AM IN NO WAY CONDONING WHAT HE DID TO MCGAUGHEY. THAT WAS WRONG IN EVERY WAY. BUT SOMETIMES WHEN A PERSON IS PUSHED BEYOND THERE LIMITS, THEY SNAP. I THINK THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED HERE. HE NOW MUST PAY THE PRICE FOR WHAT HAPPENED AND MCGAUGHEY COMES OUT SMELLING LIKE A ROSE! WHICH IS ALSO WRONG. I HAVE HAD 3 KIDS IN THIS SCHOOL AND HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH MCGAUGHEY ALOT. I KNOW HOW HE CAN BE, AND I DON'T LIKE HIM. BUT THAT HAS NO EFFECT ON WHAT HAPPENED WITH MR VAUGHN. BY THE WAY MCGAUGHEY IS THE SUPERINTENDENT NOT THE PRINCIPAL.
Ray

United States

#13 Jan 18, 2008
Brittany R wrote:
The facts are correct. I work in a position in which I have first hand knowledge of the events that transpired, and actually had contact with both the victim and the perpetrator the night of the event. The police are very aware of what his intentions were, that's why he's being charged with attempt to commit capital murder. And the principal did defend his family; his wounds were defensive wounds.
so you were at the house? because that is the only people who REALLY know what happened. if you were not there then you got your information second hand like the rest of us.
Brittany R

United States

#14 Jan 18, 2008
I had contact with both parties that night is all I'm allowed to say. I spoke with both sides and know the reason's stated by both of them for the events that transpired. I also know of the evidence found at the scene, which speaks volumes. I'm not saying the Mr Vaughn may have felt pushed into his actions, but in a civilized society we don,t go around putting guns in peoples faces and threatening them. And the part that bothers me is Mr McGaughey's wife and son were there, and they didn't deserve to be put through that. Obviously Vaughn has some sort of mental illness, as this was out of character for him, and I hope he gets help for that. But he must pay for his actions, as we all would have to do in a similar situation.
Ray

United States

#15 Jan 24, 2008
Brittany R wrote:
I had contact with both parties that night is all I'm allowed to say. I spoke with both sides and know the reason's stated by both of them for the events that transpired. I also know of the evidence found at the scene, which speaks volumes. I'm not saying the Mr Vaughn may have felt pushed into his actions, but in a civilized society we don,t go around putting guns in peoples faces and threatening them. And the part that bothers me is Mr McGaughey's wife and son were there, and they didn't deserve to be put through that. Obviously Vaughn has some sort of mental illness, as this was out of character for him, and I hope he gets help for that. But he must pay for his actions, as we all would have to do in a similar situation.
are you a cop or something? if so it is not very professional to be on here trying to get people to convict someone by your statements. oh i guess you are a psycologist too, right? and should the superintendant not pay for his actions? cant wait to see this mess in court.
free2judge

United States

#16 Feb 1, 2008
Ray wrote:
if he had gasoline and plenty of ammo why not set the house on fire and shoot them as they came out? i think if he went there with intent of murder then there would be dead bodies. and why did the principal not defend his families lives by shooting this so called psyco santa?
Sounds like someone else may need psycho help. Your comments and attacks on other bloggers here are idiotic.
JackRabbit

United States

#17 Feb 15, 2008
anybody heard what has come of this so far?
gone but not forgotten

Auburn Hills, MI

#18 Feb 18, 2008
he is still in jail awaiting trial in April. Mcgaughey is back at the school and they have replaced Mr Vaughn with a new band teacher.
Gone

Lake Charles, LA

#19 Feb 19, 2008
Seems like some people are missing the point. This band teacher (which should explain alot) dressed up like santa claus, went to someone's house with weapons and attempted (or expressed an interest in) trying to kill the homeowner. None of that can be or should be excused by what the homeowner has done in the past, since the family was also home. Sounds like the best place for Santa is in jail and hopefully for quite some time. As far as the homeowner, if you don't like the guy and he is as bad as you say...take it to the school board and get him fired.
This is not rocket science.
curious

United States

#20 Feb 19, 2008
gone but not forgotten wrote:
he is still in jail awaiting trial in April. Mcgaughey is back at the school and they have replaced Mr Vaughn with a new band teacher.
Isn't he out on bond? I heard he had bonded out a couple of weeks ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christmas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Albany family welcomes quadruplets (Dec '13) 22 hr NYB 50
Pope's reach in South Korea may extend beyond C... Wed paul shykora arts 1
As a man-made famine looms, Christmas comes ear... Aug 13 Mr tony 1
The value of newspaper advertising (Nov '13) Aug 3 upeopleneedtogeta... 6
Antioch auto body shop gives out four cars to f... (Dec '13) Aug 2 g 2
A&E: Duck Dynasty will continue, religion and g... Aug 1 Phyllis Schlafly ... 27
Kenny & Ziggy's Delicatessen Restaurant Jul '14 Walter Glen Stockton 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Christmas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••