Embezzlement investigation of city firefighter ongoing

Mar 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Portsmouth Daily Times

The Scioto County Prosecutor's Office is in the process of compiling a case against a former Portsmouth firefighter accused of embezzelment of funds from the IAFF Local 512 union.

Comments
1 - 20 of 185 Comments Last updated May 26, 2013
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Omg

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Guess the rumors are true.
PDTs SOGP USDA GAMPP Gate

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Wonder what the person's name is, that should be public record on exiting employees since they told us that much? When is the appropriate time to reveal that secret to the public and taxpayers who paid his salary, perks and retirements, if not the union funds? What's the low down on that? Are the unions funding more priority than the taxpayer's money?

So, now wonder also when the PPD will investigate the mis-use of real taxpayers funds just using the 2010 State of Ohio city audit findings of which a copy was hand delivered for Frank Lewis and Michael Messerly. And parts of that 2010 Audit was posted on Moes News forum a local online forum and on the TOPIX news forum both more than once. The addendum "Management Letter" sent to the City Council that was no one Else's business is also available for the PDD's perusal for investigation, Hah.

Wonder when they will do catchup and include the PDT's SOGP USDA GAMPP-Gate??? That's in the PPD's jurisdiction so they will be un-indicdted co-conspirator's, RICO, etc. Oh, where oh where has our little doggies (Ben's) gone?
really

Lucasville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Why did it take the times so long to run a story on it?I wonder if someone was trying to cover it up?
stupid just plain stupid

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

really wrote:
Why did it take the times so long to run a story on it?I wonder if someone was trying to cover it up?
That's the norm around here!

Id say whoever started the post a while back ...stirred it up! GOOD JOB!
yeah

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Get this post removed free oj person-- oh you cant remove it from PDT can ya? Its about to hit the fan. Damage CONTROL didnt control a thing
Lee Scott

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Told you so. Liars and thieves go hand in hand.

Lee
Batman and Robin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

We told you all months ago.
Batman and Robin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Here's a question. For the daily times to ask. The city pays the fire department union funds. And Bill Raison claims he never stole city funds. So how did the city move to suspend this former fireman? If he didn't steal city funds. Hmmm time to backtrack Bill?
Really

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

The city does not pay union funds. Any hard working union member will tell you that. The funds in question were dues that each and every union member pays out of their own pocket.
Batman and Robin

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

The city does in fact pay union funds out of everyone's check automatically. Again why did the city get involved in fire department union matters if he didn't embezzle city funds?
ah

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like some jail time for cw
AJAX

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Batman & Robin ,thats a totally false statment,the Money being deducted to pay the dues is the indivduals money,not the Cities,it,s like money being deducted for payroll savings or taxes if you will!!!
Batman and Robin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Again, I'm not saying union members aren't paying their dues. I'm just saying they're payroll deducted. Just asking why the city even became involved in this UNION problem.
huh

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

It doesn't matter who he stole from. Thief is a crime for everyone and not just an internal union problem. Dumb a$$.
Batman and Robin

Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

huh wrote:
It doesn't matter who he stole from. Thief is a crime for everyone and not just an internal union problem. Dumb a$$.

Well aware of what it is and it was wrong I'm not defending him in any way. I just think the city overstepped their bounds by assuming his guilt before he was even charged with a crime. That's all I'm saying. You don't just up and suspend someone without an investigation. Which this investigation has been going on over two months according to my sources. Which has given this person plenty of time for file for disability retirement. Hence the resignation instead of being terminated.
Larich

Logan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Same old trick.
B n Rs Double Down Fools

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Batman and Robin wrote:
<quoted text>.
Well aware of what it is and it was wrong I'm not defending him in any way. I just think the city overstepped their bounds by assuming his guilt before he was even charged with a crime. That's all I'm saying. You don't just up and suspend someone without an investigation. Which this investigation has been going on over two months according to my sources. Which has given this person plenty of time for file for disability retirement. Hence the resignation instead of being terminated.
http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/view/full_st... ?
Letters to firefighter allege criminal conduct
Thanks

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

I'm sure this thread will be deleted soon.
B n Rs Double Down Fools

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

B n Rs Double Down Fools wrote:
<quoted text>
http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/view/full_st... ?
Letters to firefighter allege criminal conduct
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/portsmouth-oh...
anti r and b

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Wow! Do you really believe everything you post or are you just an antaganistic sadist who will spout whatever they want, including misleading half truths? Do we know that this individual did not admit to the thefts?
Isn't there a code of ethics for city employees? If that code is violated, isn't that grounds for removal?
The funds were deducted from their salaries and deposited into the local union account. Not unlike having a charitable donation taken from your paycheck and forwarded to that charity. Like a soldier trusts his commrades with his life, so do these firefighters trust their brothers. They refer to it as a brotherhood. Two/three days a week they are together day and night, 24 hours. They go through tasks that none of us can imagine, fires, wrecks, life and death situations where they do everything they can to be to serve and protect us. If you were ever in a situation needing their help, you wouldn't care what they were paid or what their perks are, just that they are there.
This individual needs to be held accountable for his actions. He let his family, his community and his brothers down. He was hired to serve us. The funds he took are the funds collected to be used in part for the many ways that these firefighters give back to our community, Salvation Army food drives, cancer fund raisers, MS telethon, Camp OYO, many individuals and families have been helped over the years and numerous other contributions help make a difference. So let us
not point fingers but pat them on the back and let them know that we are there for them. This too will pass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••