Five teens charged in Chillicothe Chr...

Five teens charged in Chillicothe Christmas-display vandalism

There are 111 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 7, 2013, titled Five teens charged in Chillicothe Christmas-display vandalism. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Ross County investigators think they've found the Grinches who last month destroyed part of a 30,000-light holiday display that is a Chillicothe landmark.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

hair raiser

New York, NY

#21 Jan 9, 2013
Karma all the way around . To every one involved. Even Mr Hall
Ugly

Chillicothe, OH

#22 Jan 9, 2013
Hope your kids are perfect mystery man!
Nala

Chillicothe, OH

#23 Jan 9, 2013
It's not about being perfect, or having perfect kids. I'm not perfect, and my kids certainly are not either. It's not about making a "mistake." It's about learning life lessons. It's about cause and effect. Bad choices and consequences. It's not about comparing them to drug dealers and thieves. Nobody is minimizing the crimes committed by others by insisting on justice in this particular case. If we put ourselves in the position of the victims, it may open our eyes a little.
Ugly

Chillicothe, OH

#24 Jan 9, 2013
I think it was a mistake too. But he calls them punks. I don't believe he should be bashing other people's children. That's not right. That's what's wrong with today's society now. To much name calling and finger pointing. I'm sures these kids will have a life sentence. I'm sure this is something they will never forget.unless you know these kids don't put them down. Lets help them out so they will become better adults.
Reader

Lancaster, OH

#25 Jan 9, 2013
Ridiculous! The problem isn't name calling. The problem is breaking the law. I don't know what the motive was and I don't care. I would have pressed charges, too.
Joe

Chillicothe, OH

#26 Jan 9, 2013
Hear they might be charging a 6th person.
laceyyy

United States

#27 Jan 9, 2013
Joe wrote:
Hear they might be charging a 6th person.
I heard it was someone named Collin
Joe

Chillicothe, OH

#28 Jan 9, 2013
laceyyy wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard it was someone named Collin

Heard that name too. Collin Hill
Mystery Machine

Chillicothe, OH

#29 Jan 9, 2013
Ugly wrote:
I think it was a mistake too. But he calls them punks. I don't believe he should be bashing other people's children. That's not right. That's what's wrong with today's society now. To much name calling and finger pointing. I'm sures these kids will have a life sentence. I'm sure this is something they will never forget.unless you know these kids don't put them down. Lets help them out so they will become better adults.
OK, you don't like the word PUNKS. Lets call them exactly what they are. CRIMINAL SUSPECTS soon to be labeled CONVICTED CRIMINALS. Is that better? In the real world, all criminals are PUNKS who would rather damage/destroy/steal the property of others who have worked for what they have. If all of the PUNKS in the world actually worked, they would not have the time to commit these crimes. It's a shame that they cannot be "assigned" a dirty job for a few months at a servers minimum wage to repay the victims.
laceyyy

United States

#30 Jan 9, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Heard that name too. Collin Hill
Yeah that's who I heard.
cold black coffee

Blacklick, OH

#31 Jan 10, 2013
Ugly wrote:
Can't call them criminals yet, they haven't been found guilty and sentenced. "Punks" will have to do for now.
Mystery Machine

Chillicothe, OH

#32 Jan 10, 2013
cold black coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't call them criminals yet, they haven't been found guilty and sentenced. "Punks" will have to do for now.
But they are criminal SUSPECTS as well as being PUNKS.
Crotch fruit

Dublin, OH

#33 Jan 10, 2013
I am glad they're being prosecuted. If you are so worried about money being spent, worry more about all the Obama voters who are sucking us all dry with welfare
Gabe

Lancaster, OH

#35 Jan 10, 2013
If Collin goes to jail, who will run the student section?
Hopefully

Dublin, OH

#36 Jan 10, 2013
Hopefully they will all get a good ass raping in jail. And a mouth stuffed with cock. That'll teach em.
Senor

Chillicothe, OH

#37 Jan 10, 2013
The only reason Hill is being charged is because he gave 2 of them a ride home. He was 4 houses down when it happened. One of the parents “whined” because they didn’t charge him with anything. He is actually the one that turned them in so I heard they were making a story up about him for payback for turning them in. That’s what they are saying at school.
Confused

Chillicothe, OH

#38 Jan 10, 2013
Senor wrote:
The only reason Hill is being charged is because he gave 2 of them a ride home. He was 4 houses down when it happened. One of the parents “whined” because they didn’t charge him with anything. He is actually the one that turned them in so I heard they were making a story up about him for payback for turning them in. That’s what they are saying at school.

Was this before or after he implicated the Varsity BB team?
laceyyyy

United States

#39 Jan 10, 2013
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>Was this before or after he implicated the Varsity BB team?
What do you mean?
cold black coffee

Blacklick, OH

#40 Jan 10, 2013
Senor wrote:
More Chillicothe high school drama - soon to be burning up the Topix boards.
Confused

Chillicothe, OH

#41 Jan 10, 2013
laceyyyy wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean?

Rumor has it that when first questioned he said its was members of the BB team that were involved. Some maybe all were questioned by the admins. I'm sure a lot is going around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christmas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secret Santa (Pollyanna): Cinema Coupons? 2 hr Abishai100 1
News Intelligent Design's One Valid Scientific Point 5 hr Davidjayjordan 96
News Carlsbad Medical Center delivers Christmas baby Apr 15 None 13
News 'Weird Al' Yankovic at the Vic: Accordion solos... Apr 8 North Mountain 1
News Trashy doc 'Casting JonBenet' feeds on viewers'... (Apr '17) Apr 6 Anonymous 25
News Valley forensic psychiatrist weighs in on JonBe... (Mar '17) Apr 1 Anonymous 4
News Home Improvement (Jun '12) Mar 29 Sujay Ghosal 55