2 killings draw life sentence

Full story: Belleville News-Democrat

A man pleaded guilty on Wednesday to the Christmas Day slashing murders of a mother and her 4-year-old daughter in 2004 and was sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of86
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
yup

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

omg wrote:
<quoted text>
hes no murderer??? a young mother and her beautiful baby girl died by the hands of your uncle you idiot. who cares what was goin on in his head! a murderer is a murderer! hes sick and deserves a lot worse than what he got!
I have to agree with you. If hes not a murderer why is he serving the sentence. Keep your good memories but don't down play murder.
The Son

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Can this thread be closed now, its been almost 7 years? Is anything positive really going to come out of any of these comments? Please close this thread and let it all be at rest.
no disrespect

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

The Son wrote:
Can this thread be closed now, its been almost 7 years? Is anything positive really going to come out of any of these comments? Please close this thread and let it all be at rest.
this hadn't been commented on since january... don't bring it back tot he top.. just sayin.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

Confused wrote:
I was extremely close to Don ... we were all stunned and confused by this crime. Amanda didn't deserve what happened to her ... but woman out there be aware of the consequences for your actions. Using men for money and playing on their emotions for you isn't the way to go!!!!
You're blaming Amanda for the murder of her and her child....you're a fool!!! no matter what Amanda did didn't give this bastered the right to kill her or her child....Screw you for your comment!!!!
cody clines

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Judged:

to everyone on here amanda and alyssa were my sister and neice and some of u if u cant even spell her name rigtdont talk about her at all thanks
cody clines

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Judged:

if anyone doesnt know what happened or when or where or that he dint just get one life senetence he got two without the possiblity of parole..i am amandas younger brother none o you have ur facts straight until u do quit running ur mouth and i know for a fact amanda did get her tires cut because she callede my fathr to come over to see it and i went with him i was there for all of it

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Judged:

Unfortunately, in cases like this there are a lot of misinformed people. Some of those people probably think they actually know what they are talking about.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Judged:

It's not their faults that they listen to the wrong people. The ones like you that know probably don't actually talk to any of them in real life about it so they are clueless. It still has to be frustrating for the victims' families, though.
well

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

Judged:

thepinkpanther wrote:
It's not their faults that they listen to the wrong people. The ones like you that know probably don't actually talk to any of them in real life about it so they are clueless. It still has to be frustrating for the victims' families, though.
That and people tend to try to stay in denial about stuff like this when it's someone they know that does it. You know that girl.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

Judged:

What happened to bring this topic up after 5 Ĺ months?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

Judged:

@ cody clines - first of all this story is from 2006 and if youíre going to criticize peoples spelling you need to check yours first. Also I went back and read all the post and only one person blamed your sister everyone else stood by her so please donít over exaggerate what was said. Iím not sure what happened recently but youíre looking for a fight so obviously you have not learned to deal with this horrendous loss so please seek help before itís too late for you.
The Son

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

How do you go about requesting threads be removed? Its time to put all this to rest. Nothing positive is coming out of these comments. Anyone can say they are this person or that person it doesn't change what has happened.

I wish you all the best and if I am unable to have the post removed I will no longer comment on it. Neither sides of the family are benefiting by this thread. Closure comes with time and mine has passed. I have accepted all of it and its time to move on.

God Bless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Judged:

Go to the bottom of the page and click on feedback. Just explain the situation and ask them to remove it. Usually stuff disappears pretty quickly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Judged:

The Son wrote:
How do you go about requesting threads be removed? Its time to put all this to rest. Nothing positive is coming out of these comments. Anyone can say they are this person or that person it doesn't change what has happened.
I wish you all the best and if I am unable to have the post removed I will no longer comment on it. Neither sides of the family are benefiting by this thread. Closure comes with time and mine has passed. I have accepted all of it and its time to move on.
God Bless.
It was already put the rest, you guys started it up again.
David Ranney

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

Judged:

Sandy used to bang the football team....she was a major tramp if you get my drift
The Truth

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

Judged:

Not sure why you care since your only action is Rosie.
Are you running low on vaseline again?
David Ranney wrote:
Sandy used to bang the football team....she was a major tramp if you get my drift
heather proffitt

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

@ Rollen- Seek help before it's too late? Really. Have you no heart? Something like this you never really get over and the family struggles with it everyday. Who freaking cares about the facts or how it happened...he killed them and now they are gone forever...that;s the only thing that really matters, the pain of missing them everyday for the rest of thier life that family has to go through. I couldn't even imagine. He has every right to be upset about these posts about his sister and niece. And I don't know about you but when I'm upset it's hard for me to keep a calm mind. Cody is very smart.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

heather proffitt wrote:
@ Rollen- Seek help before it's too late? Really. Have you no heart? Something like this you never really get over and the family struggles with it everyday. Who freaking cares about the facts or how it happened...he killed them and now they are gone forever...that;s the only thing that really matters, the pain of missing them everyday for the rest of thier life that family has to go through. I couldn't even imagine. He has every right to be upset about these posts about his sister and niece. And I don't know about you but when I'm upset it's hard for me to keep a calm mind. Cody is very smart.
@ heather profit Ė have you no brain? Re-read the post starting with #70, that was posted July 29th, On Jan 15th, 6 months after the topic was over cody clines brought it up. Then read post #77 & 78, then re-read my post, How dare you say Iím heartless. Iíve never once told someone to get over it. And I am sorry that this is been brought up after all this time but I just got back in the country and your comment is half informed and misleading.
Daughter of Don Hollis

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

It has been a while since I have read the comments on this topic and now that I have I wish I hadn't. Some of the things being said baffle me.

I had written my dad not long after the tragedy asking him why he did it. That's when he told me about the "black outs."

Black out or not, he committed a crime that has hurt a lot of people and it haunts me every day. I know in my heart my dad is a good man. Sometimes people snap and do things that they can't even believe they did. I believe whole-heartedly that that's what happened with my dad.

I am in no way justifying what he did. He's exactly where he belongs right now, in prison paying for what he did.

We all might think we know what happened, but the truth is that no one knows exactly what happened that night except Don, Amanda and Alyssa.

I pray that we all continue to get through this and grow from it.

God Bless.
Daughter of Don Hollis

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

This brought tears to my eyes. I cannot apologize enough for the pain my dad has caused you and your family. What he did haunts me every day. I can't even imagine how hard this is for you.
You are all in my prayers.
Maw Maw wrote:
I can't believe I ran into this, but I have to respond.
There is a book called "The Shack" and everyone needs to read it. I haven't totally forgiven Donald for what he did but I can honestly say that I am trying and I no longer think about him, instead I just think of all the memories of my "Little One" and my Alyssa Shae. Memories are all I have left of them and the book helped me cope with the tragedy of what happened.
At the trial I sat next to Donald's father and he helled my hand and told me he was sorry that I had to be going through this, I told him the same thing. For the children of Donald, I am truly sorry that you have to live with this, I hope you all get through it and are not judged by your fathers actions. I agree with "The Son" a one minute decision ruined a lot of lives and that is the real tragedy.
I will never again hear "good job maw maw" or "maw maw I love you" but one day I will see them again and everything will be great.
Go buy the book.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of86
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Christmas Discussions

Search the Christmas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Rep. Vance McAllister kissed. Now can he make u... 2 hr Responsibility 2
Preparing to celebrate a Polish Christmas - her... Tue Dedes 44
Tony Abbott slumps in polls Mon Meaty flaps 2
All about Eve Apr 6 community 1
Home Improvement (Jun '12) Mar 31 meriwetherlewis 16
Set money aside now for holiday gifts, splurges (Sep '08) Mar 26 Ariadne 2
Christmas crowds soar but churches pass up oppo... Mar 24 ask did she help Norval 1
•••
•••
•••
•••