2 killings draw life sentence

2 killings draw life sentence

There are 89 comments on the Belleville News-Democrat story from Jan 19, 2006, titled 2 killings draw life sentence. In it, Belleville News-Democrat reports that:

A man pleaded guilty on Wednesday to the Christmas Day slashing murders of a mother and her 4-year-old daughter in 2004 and was sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News-Democrat.

The Son

Ballwin, MO

#46 Jun 12, 2009
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>He said he's Alyssa's Dad not Amandas. So how do you get there's a 20 yr. difference in their ages? Alyssas dad is what around 30yrs. old, how old is Don? I'm sure in his thirties?
I know whos Dad they are talking about and Alyssas dad was around 30 and my father "Don" was over 50 so I dont see a 50 year old man playing golf with someone 20 years different in age and they both were seeing or saw the same woman. Again another person that doesnt know what they are talking about.
Laser Lady

Collierville, TN

#47 Jun 12, 2009
The Son wrote:
<quoted text>
I know whos Dad they are talking about and Alyssas dad was around 30 and my father "Don" was over 50 so I dont see a 50 year old man playing golf with someone 20 years different in age and they both were seeing or saw the same woman. Again another person that doesnt know what they are talking about.
I'm not disputing who is who in this thread, but golf knows no age boundaries. And if the two guys in question are no longer seeing the same woman and don't hold grudges, I could very easily see them playing golf together.
supergirl

Saint Louis, MO

#48 Jun 12, 2009
The Son wrote:
<quoted text>
I know more than all the other people including yourself commenting on who said what. Notice the name, also my father didnt have "black outs" nor did he slash tires.
I know my friend and she is not a liar. She worked with her when her tires were slashed. He was stalking her.
saddend

Millstadt, IL

#49 Jun 12, 2009
Daughter of Don Hollis wrote:
<quoted text>
do you have any idea what you are talking about? what baby did he kill? he killed amanda and alyssa, thats it!
ok he killed two people thats not enough for you i mean god what do you mean thats it thats two too many
WTF2

Granite City, IL

#50 Jun 12, 2009
The Son wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a bitter little POS! A 50yr.old and a 30yr.old can't play golf together? I've met your dad "Don" & Amanda a few times right before he killed her & her child. I was shocked also cause unlike you he seemed to be nice.
Maw Maw

United States

#51 Aug 26, 2009
The Son wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct that Alyssa'a dad is 20 years younger than your dad, however did you know that your Uncle Charlie and Alssya's dad are good friends and that they play golf and bowl together. Your dad did play golf with them sometimes.
It is sad that this post has become a he thinks she thinks thing instead of everyone trying to cope with what has happened.
Until Donald actually says what he did and why he did it, it is just a guessing game for all of us. He may have told you, the Son, or you the Daughter, why he did what he did, but as for me, the Maw Maw, I do not care. Love is a very powerful thing and can tear someone apart if they let it. I imagine that it was happened to Donald.

Has anyone read the book yet?
Curious

Waterloo, IL

#52 Aug 26, 2009
Maw Maw wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct that Alyssa'a dad is 20 years younger than your dad, however did you know that your Uncle Charlie and Alssya's dad are good friends and that they play golf and bowl together. Your dad did play golf with them sometimes.
It is sad that this post has become a he thinks she thinks thing instead of everyone trying to cope with what has happened.
Until Donald actually says what he did and why he did it, it is just a guessing game for all of us. He may have told you, the Son, or you the Daughter, why he did what he did, but as for me, the Maw Maw, I do not care. Love is a very powerful thing and can tear someone apart if they let it. I imagine that it was happened to Donald.
Has anyone read the book yet?
What book?
born and raised

Waterloo, IL

#53 Aug 26, 2009
if my father killed a woman and kid black out or no black out i would be the first in line to pull the switch.....in my opinion if my dad had something wrong like a mental disablilty or trauma to the head etc that allowed him to do this and not function in society then put him down....just my opinion.
Maw Maw

United States

#54 Aug 27, 2009
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>What book?
The Shack
angry

Waterloo, IL

#55 Aug 27, 2009
when something like this happens who cares what the family feels like, he took the lifes of two special people. It really hurts. Knowing amanda and her family, they are all anyone should care about. not some low life who should of gotten help. You just don't kill someone because you have a black out. Something is loose in the brain.
OnlyFromAbove

Saint Peters, MO

#56 Nov 30, 2009
Maw Maw wrote:
<quoted text>

I couldn't agree more.
What

Greenville, SC

#57 Dec 1, 2009
born and raised wrote:
if my father killed a woman and kid black out or no black out i would be the first in line to pull the switch.....in my opinion if my dad had something wrong like a mental disablilty or trauma to the head etc that allowed him to do this and not function in society then put him down....just my opinion.
Your comment is almost as disturbing as the crime that was committed.
Wondering

Hazelwood, MO

#58 Dec 9, 2009
What is the book"Shack" about? and who wrote it? I migh b intrested in reading it.
Alyssas aunt

Granite City, IL

#59 Oct 22, 2010
Confused wrote:
BTW, he did get a life sentence which was justice and terribly regrets his actions. Let it be!!! It's a very sad circumstance for everyone!!!
UMMM Who Cares what he regrets he's scum he don't deserve to be alive,she was a baby only four what did she do?obviously we know who your related too,do you also oink

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#60 Oct 22, 2010
Millstadt rendering might have another dead horse you can beat.

Since: Aug 10

Waterloo, IL

#61 Oct 22, 2010
Alyssas aunt wrote:
<quoted text>UMMM Who Cares what he regrets he's scum he don't deserve to be alive,she was a baby only four what did she do?obviously we know who your related too,do you also oink
Hey stupid. The person you quoted said that nearly three years ago.
Really

Waterloo, IL

#62 Oct 22, 2010
Grim Thursday-seriously-get a damn life. "hey stupid" really?!? Are you 12 years old? Quit embarrassing yourself. Get a different hobby.
hey

Saint Louis, MO

#63 Oct 25, 2010
Betty wrote:
It's about time a murder takes responsibilaty for there Crime.
yes
Andrew Todd nephew of don

Millstadt, IL

#64 Jan 24, 2011
I am donalds sister son and i didnt have a father but i and my sister looked up to that man and we still do today my mom goes and visits him in menard that man did so much for me and my sister taught me how to play golf he taught me its better to smile at people who hate you than fight them he taught me respect for women i dont care what all u people with ur negativity have to say becuz u didnt know him u dont know why he didnt or what he was feeling that day do i think what he did was yes but my uncle don was the nicest guy u will ever meet so dont judge him if u dont know him i saw him and talk to him the day before it all happen and he was happy as can be something snap becuz my uncle is no murder so dont judge what u dont know
omg

United States

#65 Jan 24, 2011
Andrew Todd nephew of don wrote:
I am donalds sister son and i didnt have a father but i and my sister looked up to that man and we still do today my mom goes and visits him in menard that man did so much for me and my sister taught me how to play golf he taught me its better to smile at people who hate you than fight them he taught me respect for women i dont care what all u people with ur negativity have to say becuz u didnt know him u dont know why he didnt or what he was feeling that day do i think what he did was yes but my uncle don was the nicest guy u will ever meet so dont judge him if u dont know him i saw him and talk to him the day before it all happen and he was happy as can be something snap becuz my uncle is no murder so dont judge what u dont know
hes no murderer??? a young mother and her beautiful baby girl died by the hands of your uncle you idiot. who cares what was goin on in his head! a murderer is a murderer! hes sick and deserves a lot worse than what he got!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christmas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman Hangs Rainbow Christmas Lights to Protest... 14 hr King Joseph 2
News Slovenians vote on whether to uphold same-sex m... (Dec '15) Mon fathiwady 13
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
News Walmart workers protest wages, benefits at Onta... (Nov '13) Dec 2 Birds Landing Bob 26
News 'Shop With A Cop' helps children buy Christmas ... (Nov '07) Dec 2 2jobharry 7
News Christmas donations sought for Tots in American... Dec 2 Uncle Sam 5
News Real estate website lists Santa's House at The ... Dec 2 dragoon70056 7
More from around the web