Retail pump prices hit 26-month high

Retail pump prices hit 26-month high

There are 22 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 6, 2010, titled Retail pump prices hit 26-month high. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Americans are getting a sour holiday surprise at the gas pump, where prices are at the highest they've been in over two years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Charles Manson

Maple Plain, MN

#1 Dec 6, 2010
The biggest scam on earth
Diamond

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 6, 2010
Here we go again! The price of gas goes up and therefore everything else goes up and off we go into a deeper recession. It isn't over yet folks!
Dick Cheney

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 6, 2010
This is Great News! We'll get gas up to where it should be, about Five Bucks per gallon. Then they'll get used to $6.00! Now that we swept the House and Senate, Offshore Oil Companies can count on me for obscene profits again! Gawd, I love the smell of the rising price of gas in the morning! Can't wait to tell Newt Gingrich and Squeaky Palin, our next president/vice pres!
RIOT

Madison, WI

#4 Dec 6, 2010
How's that hope and change! Can you say higher taxes and who pays the taxes? We do.
Who got all the money from the oil companies for their political party, this will surprise you! Democrats and Obama was the top.
Nice, real nice.
Bob in the Grove

Cottage Grove, MN

#5 Dec 6, 2010
Before the conspiricy kooks start repeating the tired old "they raise prices for the holiday's" tripe, read the following link.
http://www.usfamilymall.com/money.html
If it does not take you to the story hit the
The 'tax' you can't avoid: Oil prices rising link.
Curmudgeon

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 6, 2010
Greed, pure and simple.
GreenPartyPatrio t

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 6, 2010
Who cares? I ride my bicycle to work and grow my own food! Time for a carbon cap and tax to hit consumers with a double whammy! Peak oil is here... US automobile drivers must love getting slammed at the pump week after week!
Seeker

Cottonwood, AZ

#8 Dec 6, 2010
Has Obama said,"It's all George Bush's fault." yet?
Never mind, he will get around to it.
FirstBankof China

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Dec 6, 2010
GreenPartyPatriot wrote:
Who cares? I ride my bicycle to work and grow my own food! Time for a carbon cap and tax to hit consumers with a double whammy! Peak oil is here... US automobile drivers must love getting slammed at the pump week after week!
Peak oil not here, but a billion Chinese with BMW's and Benz's are. The price of us financing your degenerate lifestyle is that you now ride bicycle and water buffalo!
butch

Wayzata, MN

#10 Dec 6, 2010
Obummer's "cuban" America! Restrict the supply to make the country even more dependent on foreign sources and this is what you get.

Can't sell the green agenda with lower gas prices and without killing all jobs in the oil industry at home first.

Wake up--Obummer wants everyone to be poor and not self sufficient.
Juile

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 6, 2010
I really don't care. If it goes up to $5.00 or more a gallon, my driving habits will not change.
Dave

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Dec 6, 2010
Well, I drive a large SUV. Although, I am slightly concerned about this. Honestly, I don't care.
streetlights

Eden Prairie, MN

#13 Dec 6, 2010
Yeah, yeah, yeah. This is a bunch of crap. Big Oil has the government by the balls, and payoffs are plentiful.
Hey

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Dec 6, 2010
the excuses for high gas prices always vary when it keeps the prices higher....usually a high supply means lower prices except when the dollar is strong or is that weak? How about gunfire in Korea? How about the refineries switching to heating oil or how about the price fixers have decided to make more money and we keep buying, so what if we ramp up the complaining. Now that the Republicans control the Congress, its time to make money again....bend over America
steve baker

Dubuque, IA

#15 Dec 6, 2010
How many consumer products are cheaper than they were 26 months ago?

Why would gas be different?
What

Hudson, WI

#16 Dec 6, 2010
It's Obama's fault!
Citizen

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Dec 6, 2010
Why does the beginning of this article claim that Americans are surprised by this? I don't keep up very well on the news and even to me this is no surprise at all. This is only the beginning, if history tells us anything about debasing a currency.

Since: Dec 10

Here

#18 Dec 6, 2010
They say time machines don't exist.. so how did we end up back at the Carter presidency?
Professor Fate

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Dec 7, 2010
Just the beginning; look at the commodities market this morning. Get ready for $4 a gallon next summer at the pump, and $5 on the water. With the printing presses running overtime in Washington, oil is more expensive in dollars even before factoring in any rebound in demand.

Since: Dec 10

Here

#21 Dec 7, 2010
Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact Obama has banned off shore drilling on the east coast and the Gulf of Mexico.. would it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christmas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News JUMBO and the return of the elephants (Dec '08) Jul 4 Roshini 13
News Rapper Master P makes Christmas bright for murd... (Dec '13) Jul 2 rebel111 4
News Home Improvement (Jun '12) Jun 29 nicolemorgan 23
News Pancho Claus: A Tex-Mex Santa from the South Pole (Dec '13) Jun 28 Santafarts 12
News Capitola condo residents steamed by loss of heat (Dec '08) Jun 16 Megheede 22
News Deadly Roads (Dec '13) Jun 15 Jwick 2
News Police intercept 100kg of party drugs hidden in... Jun 8 Gord 1
More from around the web