Family: Illegal-immigrant student mar...

Family: Illegal-immigrant student martyred himself for Dream Act

There are 50 comments on the www.washingtontimes.com story from Nov 28, 2011, titled Family: Illegal-immigrant student martyred himself for Dream Act. In it, www.washingtontimes.com reports that:

An illegal-immigrant student in Texas who committed suicide the day after Thanksgiving left letters saying he felt trapped by his lack of opportunities and, according to his family, he “decided to sacrifice himself for the cause.”

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.washingtontimes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
DAVID63

Since: Nov 11

Seattle, WA

#44 Nov 29, 2011
Adam Troy wrote:
I only hope, you people, never suffer the lost of a loved one in a tragic way (not necessarily suicide).
I have known people that commited suicide,and none of them were illegals,or blamed a Nation they commited crimes in for their actions.Try to understand those facts sometime.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#45 Nov 29, 2011
Adam Troy wrote:
I only hope, you people, never suffer the lost of a loved one in a tragic way (not necessarily suicide).
This is a ploy for more freebies. Go to the funeral or send flowers. This is a forum on illegals. Not the bleeding hearts club. I hope you never lose a loved one due to an illegals rage at America, or have a child raped by one who simply doesn't know it is against the law here. Not that it is a moral issue for them. teach em young and breed, breed, breed.
Perhaps if you cared for the destruction of America due to embracing these low lives it would be different. But go take your guilt trip elsewhere, like to Mexihole for abandoning their responsibilities onto gringos they hate. For free stuff. Using their kids as Pawns. Take the guilt where it belongs.
Adios Contaminous

Branch, LA

#46 Nov 30, 2011
Why didn't he complain about his problems in Mexico? I don't buy this BS for a second!
Facts

Newport News, VA

#47 Nov 30, 2011
The parents illegal actions were the root cause of this event. Had "they" not subjected their child to such a life, he still might be alive. Don't blame the US or its policies for their illegal activities.

So, what is the mexican immigration policy??? How do they handle in illegal.
vladimir

Crozet, VA

#48 Nov 30, 2011
Facts wrote:
The parents illegal actions were the root cause of this event. Had "they" not subjected their child to such a life, he still might be alive. Don't blame the US or its policies for their illegal activities.
So, what is the mexican immigration policy??? How do they handle in illegal.
In a recent report, Mexico's National Commission on Human Rights accused immigration agents of numerous violations, citing one instance in which 78 migrants were crammed into four cells, each designed to hold only five people, and denied food and water for more than 24 hours
vladimir

Crozet, VA

#49 Nov 30, 2011
Mexico is a large source, transit, and destination country for persons trafficked for the purposes of commercial sexual exploitation and forced labor. Groups considered most vulnerable to human trafficking in Mexico include women and children, indigenous persons, and undocumented migrants. A significant number of Mexican women, girls, and boys are trafficked within the country for commercial sexual exploitation, lured by false job offers from poor rural regions to urban, border, and tourist areas. According to the government, more than 20,000 Mexican children are victims of sex trafficking every year, especially in tourist and border areas.- U.S. State Dept Trafficking in Persons Report, June, 2009 [full country report]

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#50 Nov 30, 2011
Adam Troy wrote:
<quoted text> I guess you didn't read the whole article, or you just decided to ignore the facts. The kid left a letter where he says he was doing this because the lack of opportunities due his legal status. You are the one assuming the worse in the kid and parents intentions, so sad. Unfortunately not every kid have the same strength to cope with life situations.
I read every word of the article & am not ignoring what it stated or the spin that the deceased or the family are putting on this young man's demise. I'm not assuming one thing about either the boy or his parents & didn't disrespect either the deceased or his family. I made a valid assessment, which you failed to grasp.

Here, I'll spell it out for you again. Being a person who has worked with victim's of violent crimes & someone who continues to advocate for children, I'm making it clear that under no uncertain terms that IT IS WRONG TO GLAMORIZE SUICIDE by portraying it as a noble act. There is nothing noble about suicide.

I take serious issue with people that are so misguided or deliberately intent on trying to glamorize suicide for their own agenda. Since you're buying into this glamorization of a suicide and seeing it as something noble, so am I to conclude that you also see suicide bombers as being noble? I doubt you do, but that is exactly how radical extremist have lured many youth across the globe to be the naive & ignorant pawns in doing their dirty work. They're seen as young & stupid by the very people manipulating them with the agenda of having them blow themselves up to hurt large masses of unsuspecting people.

There is only ONE self-righteous suicide that was committed for the greater good of all mankind...if you subscribe to a particular theological belief!!!

I'd hate to see even one more suicide, much less several, just because the potential is there for groups advocating for illegal aliens exploit this tragedy. Groups such as National Council of La Raza, LULAC, La Reconquista, or any other group that has the ability & funds to make this into their new propaganda and end up making this so glamorous & appealing to naive and ignorant teens who believe that will be their claim to fame & immortality.

Not once nor would I ever disrespect this young man, as I have the compassion & empathy for him and his family. Whatever weight he was carrying, apparently was too much for him. As I stated previously, had he felt his family could help him work through his issues, he wouldn't have given up hope. That is a fact & nothing insensitive or disrespectful about it. I empathize with this family & having to bury their 18 year old, as I've walked that road before; however, my eldest son that died at 18 didn't commit suicide.

If my comment that preceded this one might have been read by one of this young man's peers, I hope it provoked them to think of other ways to honor his memory & to work for another resolve...by continual action & not suicide. So I won't apologize to you or anyone for my words, as they weren't meant to be offensive at all.

Unlike those spewing insensitivity & downright hate on this thread, I haven't & I wouldn't. I refuse to glamorize some young man's suicide or to justify such senselessness in the guise & cloak of nobility.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Phooey on Politicians”

Since: Jan 11

Politicians are full of BS!!

#51 Nov 30, 2011
Any loss of human life is a tragedy no matter how the person died. In this case the lack of a "Dream Act" is no more at fault than the airliners which were hijacked on 9/11.

Most colleges across the country do not check anyone's "immigration status" when they enroll. The illegal immigrant may not be able to obtain federal/state financial aid, but that doesn't stop them from going to college.

The people that shoulder the blame for the boy's death is his parents for bringing him across the border without proper authorization. While I feel for the parents as the death of a child is something no one should have to experience, it does not absolve them from the fact they and the boy were here illegally.

The idea that the boy committed suicide because he "couldn't attend college" just goes to show that he wasn't strong enough emotionally and mentally to have completed college anyway.

The parents stating the boy martyred himself is their ploy to influence Congress to pass the "Dream Act", and more likely to give themselves an excuse to sue the US Government for mega bucks.
Facts

Newport News, VA

#52 Nov 30, 2011
Should he have graduated as an illegal he would have been unhireable....legally.

“Your DQCC Limit is Maxed!”

Since: Sep 08

In Utero (originally)

#53 Nov 30, 2011
Adam Troy wrote:
<quoted text> I guess you didn't read the whole article, or you just decided to ignore the facts. The kid left a letter where he says he was doing this because the lack of opportunities due his legal status. You are the one assuming the worse in the kid and parents intentions, so sad. Unfortunately not every kid have the same strength to cope with life situations.
I realize I responded to this portion of your comment #32 on my previous comment (#50); however, I hadn't read through the news article yet.

It appears that you were assuming that the parent's claims were true, but new information is coming out as the investigation continues.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx...

If that link doesn't work, you can access it through the related forum.

http://www.topix.com/news/immigration/2011/11...

Apparently my gut feeling that there was really some other reason for his being distraught wasn't so far fetched, nor was my disapproval of the parents putting such a "SPIN" on his death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Friday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How FedEx handles millions of packages during t... (Dec '15) Aug 6 chuckbeyor101 2
News Would a $205-Million Jackpot Fund Your Entire H... (Nov '13) Jul '16 jasonJay351 4
News Amazon 'Prime Day' sales gimmick is back this July Jul '16 microadsl 1
News Broward prepares another tow truck crackdown to... May '16 Jayne 1
News Is there room for whites in the fight for black... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Lawrence Wolf 103
News Mall owners like their centers best when they'r... (Dec '15) Jan '16 laura baltimore 22
News Firearm sales hit record high (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
More from around the web