The eight sabbats of Wicca

May 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

In Wiccan tradition, there are eight special or sacred holidays.A These 8 holidays or Sabbats are celebrated with the sun deity or god in mind.A They are a representation of the seasonal birth, death and rebirth.A All lot of these will sound familiar to non-Wiccans as these holidays are based on old Pagan holidays that the Catholic church turned ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Actually the Holidays are celebrated with different Deities, both male and female in mind...The Solstices are generally celebrated with regards to the Masculine and the Equinoxes lean Feminine. The Cross Quarter Celebrations have different aspects as well.
SpiritMuse

Salem, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

I am hunting for a website that has tons of contrasts and comparisons of Paganism and Christanity. It talks about all the holidays stolen by Christians and has the story of Jesus and a Pagan God??? Shoot, I wish I could find it. It opened my eyes completely about how Christianity is stolen from other religions, even the story of Jesus... I think it would be good for Jumper and the others to read. If anyone knows what I am talking about and knows the link, please post it for me. <3

If y'all remember, I am a Christian Spiritualist but not a traditional Christian. Traditional Christians call me Pagan so I feel more comfortable with Pagans and those who are Metaphysical.
Love and Light
SpiritMuse

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Judged:

SpiritMuse wrote:
I am hunting for a website that has tons of contrasts and comparisons of Paganism and Christanity. It talks about all the holidays stolen by Christians and has the story of Jesus and a Pagan God??? Shoot, I wish I could find it. It opened my eyes completely about how Christianity is stolen from other religions, even the story of Jesus... I think it would be good for Jumper and the others to read. If anyone knows what I am talking about and knows the link, please post it for me. <3
If y'all remember, I am a Christian Spiritualist but not a traditional Christian. Traditional Christians call me Pagan so I feel more comfortable with Pagans and those who are Metaphysical.
Love and Light
SpiritMuse
This may be the site you are looking for: http://www.pocm.info/
I seriously doubt that jumper would care to do any serious research. He is more interested in just being a pain in the rear.
Pagana

Nixa, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

We don't center our teachings around Christianity or really even speak of it much....good luck, a lot of it is commons sense if you have read the bible, and then studied paganism....drudism...or witchcraft.

It is quit clear, even when MIchelagelo painted about the irony of it....(commissioned by the Vatican)...???
SpiritMuse

Salem, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

NM Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
This may be the site you are looking for: http://www.pocm.info/
I seriously doubt that jumper would care to do any serious research. He is more interested in just being a pain in the rear.
Yes that is it!! The link is on my dead computer. I could not remember, THANK YOU!!!!!
SpiritMuse

Salem, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

I have read almost every word on that site and the first time, I actually cried, sobbing type crying. The TRUTH became so clear to me. I felt as if I had been lied to my entire life. I was devastated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••