He's still got fight in him

He's still got fight in him

There are 10 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 7, 2008, titled He's still got fight in him. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Roger Twigg, 87, hits the "big bag" behind his daughter's North St. Paul home early Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

penrose

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 7, 2008
God bless Mr Twigg
John G

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Mar 7, 2008
Mr. Twigg, thank you for your service in World War II. Two Siver Stars and the Purple heart, you have had one truly long and interesting life. Keep punching!!
Thank you Don, for the great stories you write, you are a great asset to the Pioneer Press!
Dave in Hastings

Burnsville, MN

#3 Mar 7, 2008
Men like Roger Twigg are the true legends of our country. Its too bad that the kids of today don't look up to and emulate these men instead of their favorite athlete or musician. Thank you Roger for all your years of service to our country. You have my everlasting admiration!
Tired of it all

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 7, 2008
Dave in Hastings wrote:
Men like Roger Twigg are the true legends of our country. Its too bad that the kids of today don't look up to and emulate these men instead of their favorite athlete or musician. Thank you Roger for all your years of service to our country. You have my everlasting admiration!
Very True. Great statment. If only......
Red Ryder

Monroe, LA

#5 Mar 7, 2008
This guy probably has more courage than all the legislators combined.
Brutis

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Mar 7, 2008
Red Ryder wrote:
This guy probably has more courage than all the legislators combined.
Probably? Not sure where the uncertainty comes from.

Good job, Rog--keep on keepin on!
Alt

Watertown, MN

#7 Mar 7, 2008
If people knew the training these guys go through they would realize the Marines training is just a picnic.
Jay Thomas

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Mar 7, 2008
Great story on Roger Twigg. Seeing that Roger is a long-time boxing person, I was wondering if he knew a boxer named Jimmy Ryan who fought as a lightweight and welterweight as an amateur and professional, I believe out of the Pillsbury Club in Minneapolis, In the late 1920's and early 1930's?
DLM

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Mar 25, 2008
Sadly, Mr. Twigg passed away suddenly, this past weekend. Along with our sincere thanks to Mr. Twigg for his continued service to our country, our hearts and prayers go out to his family.
Rogers Daughter

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jun 23, 2008
Thank you for all of the nice words you had to say about my father.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holidays Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Annual Savannah Pagan Pride Day set for Emmet Park 1 hr Pop the Weasel 1
News Why I am Proud to be a Muslim 7 hr Freddie 56
News NYC's Cardinal Dolan Compares ISIS to the IRA 8 hr James 81
News Cecil and Caitlyn heat up the Halloween costume... 13 hr BORED 1
News Tingley family tries to 'Save Face' on Facebook (Dec '08) Aug 26 Andrew le 41
News 'Vanity Fair' June 2015 cover of Caitlyn Jenner. Aug 26 TerryE 1
News Old-fashioned shoe-shine stand among Central Ma... (Dec '10) Aug 26 Shaiilesh 8
More from around the web