Taste of Minnesota scrubbed for 2011

Paul. City officials decided Tuesday that none of the four proposals to revive the three-decade-old Fourth of July festival on Harriet Island met the required standards, a spokesman said. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lll

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Dec 29, 2010
A prime example of what greed can and will do. The festival was fine and profitable when it was free.
seabass1

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Dec 29, 2010
wow !!!!! good luck andy faris if seaver is the trustee.....
hide all your watches and your statue of Elvis and put your kids in public schools..... quick !!
Jerry B

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Dec 29, 2010
AnitMelting wrote:
I remember sitting on the Cathedral grounds enjoying the fireworks from above. It was nice being separated from the gang-bangers and lowlifes.
Yeh. And that was just the workers
Allah Is Comin To Town

Hopkins, MN

#25 Dec 29, 2010
Where will the gangs hang out now???

Since: Dec 10

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Dec 29, 2010
Charles Manson wrote:
<quoted text>
Moldy songs from the 70's are better than the craap they put out now. In 30 years will we be seeing the Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber? I think not.
Sorry, I couldn't hear you over your David Cassidy record blaring in the back ground..
Charles Manson

Maple Plain, MN

#27 Dec 30, 2010
Ann_St_Paul wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I couldn't hear you over your David Cassidy record blaring in the back ground..
See you remember him!!
mak

Florham Park, NJ

#28 Dec 31, 2010
Good. It wasnt anything but a gathering for thugs anyway. And because of that, the police werent very friendly because they had that on their mind to deal with. This is good news for 2011.
sandy

Mankato, MN

#29 Jan 9, 2011
really???? and this was one actual FUN thing that we looked forward to...damn it peeps - just pay the bill and lets get this going huh!
SEMOED

United States

#30 Jun 11, 2011
Attended Taste of Minnesota in 2010. Food was a little expensive, but where else could you see Sammie Hagar and a host of other bands for $20.00
I came all the way from Missouri and loved every minute. I also loved St. Paul and the people.
Im Thinkin

Saint Paul, MN

#31 Jun 11, 2011
SEMOED wrote:
Attended Taste of Minnesota in 2010. Food was a little expensive, but where else could you see Sammie Hagar and a host of other bands for $20.00
I came all the way from Missouri and loved every minute. I also loved St. Paul and the people.
Well thats because we have a better class of thugs than Missouri has.
Deng

Nanjing, China

#32 Jun 12, 2011
COME TO SHANGHAI WHERE WE HAVE FIREWORKS EVERY NIGHT ALONG THE RIVER.

FIREWORKS IS NOT THAT EXPENSIVE.
Mark wrote:
Why does there need to be a city fireworks display? We can't afford this, the whole state is bankrupt - they apparently can't even afford to clear snow off the streets.
Besides - there are a million other fireworks displays going on that people can watch if they so choose.

Since: Apr 11

Hastings, MN

#33 Jun 13, 2011
People, people- calm down. Blistream never said the music was 100 "PER CENT" free! Look at his original post: "Where else on planet earth could you see 100's of FREE national recording stars". Hundreds, not 100%. There IS a difference. I think some of you need reading glasses.
finally

United States

#34 Jun 13, 2011
keep the area safe and free of crime - we like it not in st. paul !
Blistream wrote:
The Taste of Minnesota was a great event that will be missed by many. Where else on planet earth could you see 100's of FREE national recording stars including; Buddy Guy, Sonny Landreth, Steve Morse, Chris Durate, George Thorogood, Heart, Deep Purple, April Wine, Ted Nugent, Judas Priest, Charlie Daniels, Elvis Costello, Janelle Monae, and the list goes on. A sad day for the Twin Cities......
Doubting Thomas

Saint Paul, MN

#35 Jun 18, 2011
It started out as the TASTE of min. then they turned it into the sound of min. & spent all the money on lousy bands.Now the stupid city leaders what something more than either the sound or taste St.Paul is now a nothing aloud city.
This is quite sad

Bowie, MD

#36 Jul 2, 2011
I had made plans and everything to go this year, it's one of the biggest events and the fireworks were great. I haven't been in 8 years! I'm going to miss it, but there's a nice event in Eden Prairie over by the highschool, I went 2 years in a row! And for the people talking about gang bangers why don't you just say Black People cause that's what you're referring to. If you didn't like it you should've went to the suburbs. I have voiced my opinion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

4th of July Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Send a Gift to a Soldier (May '13) Jan '15 Kizi 5 9
News Ky. Tea Party Slated For 4th Of July In Frankfort (Jul '09) Oct '14 Tyler 4
News Buckle Up, Oak Forest! Police to Step Up Seat B... (Jun '14) Aug '14 law keeper 26
News Hurricane Arthur from NASA satellite imagery on... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Hurricane Shutter... 2
News San Jose man who lost thumb tells about firewor... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Howstupidcanuget 1
News Justice Department enters fray over 4th of July... (Jul '14) Jul '14 IAmTimesLastGift 5
News Revelers shoot anvils in Norris to celebrate 4t... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Fred 2
More from around the web