Fourth of July picnic ends with arrest

Fourth of July picnic ends with arrest

There are 5 comments on the WTNH story from Jul 5, 2012, titled Fourth of July picnic ends with arrest. In it, WTNH reports that:

A Beacon Falls man was arrested after police found him in possession of illegal fireworks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH.

Neighbor

Liverpool, NY

#1 Jul 7, 2012
The facts of this case should be a little more clear. This man was targeted by the BF officer on duty and for the first time in 10 years this officer happens to show up after dark with a state trooper in tail. This same officer drove through our neighborhood around 5pm sniffing out the scene before any celebration or fireworks were let off. In detail the Highland Ave 4th of July firework display has gone on for 10 plus years were buckets of water and safety measures take place. The cops have come by in the past to remind us to be safe and to sweep the streets following festivities. No warnings were given to us that evening before BF finest showed up with Troop I in tail. Ridiculous. In the distance you can see the same fireworks coming from other areas. My tax money is wasted on this one professional and I know any other officer would have handled the matter differently. I'm disgusted and highly doubt anyone would call the cops as we all are involved and we all enjoy the show, it's better than our tax dollars pay for each year.
Billy

United States

#2 Jul 8, 2012
Illegal fireworks are dangerous; we read of many accidents with these high power fireworks. Look at the home in New Hampshire that exploded last week with several serious injuries. I am sure the cops had better things to do, it just too bad your friend keep them from doing them.
Neighbor 2

United States

#3 Jul 10, 2012
For 10 years Highland Ave has enjoyed the same festivities that occurred this year. For 10 years the Police of this town have come up, given a warning to be safe and make sure they are done by 10pm. For 10 years the Police have also sat in their cruisers and watched our display. In 10 years there has been not one accident of injury or fires. As "Neighbor" above stated, all these articles that have been posted need to get the facts straight. There was not one police officer up here at 7pm, 3 fireworks were lit at 9pm and this gentleman's house was swarmed with police vehicals. This was not just a random complaint call, these police officers, state troopers and task force individuals were just waiting for the moment to swarm up here and ruin the same festivities that we all have enjoyed for 10 years. Our tax payers money was wasted for an hour and a half, while the whole BF force was here while many other spots in town were doing the same fireworks as they have all done in the past also. Has anyone ever driven down Highland Ave?? The tax payers money that was wasted on arresting this gentleman could have gone to fixing the crappy road we all live on. This whole neighborhood needs a road over haul but its never in the budget, but its in the budget to harass a neighborhood that has done the same exact thing for 10 years. Yes I keep stating 10 years...why? Because for 10 years we all have been led to believe that our festivities were okay since the BF Police have always approached us to tell us to be safe and have it over by 10pm. We have always complied. So in closing, if this gentleman and our whole neighborhood is guilty, then so are the BF Police because FOR 10 YEARS they have allowed this to go on.
Neighbor 2

United States

#4 Jul 10, 2012
Also very PROFESSIONAL of the State trooper that drives away and on his speaker starts mocking us by singing a patriotic song.
Neighbor

Florence, MA

#5 Jul 10, 2012
Son of a B, good thing my bf made me go home!! Let me tell you how the BF cop stood in the corner while the whole neighborhood told him that this was bullshit and a target. And although at a party you tend to drink, hence reactions are intense, I was sober. My reaction of anger came from the set up. The swarm of police, the troopers that couldn't or wouldn't speak to anyone else but the homeowner. I lost all respect for that town cop, I'm not scared of saying it or the possible retaliation! What I think is even funnier is that the other town cops probably busted his chops. Maybe he was instructed to do that bust, however after 10 years of allowing it, a warning would have been appreciated. If you gave the town our display of fireworks and then let them watch the towns display, every one would agree that our show beats all the others. Illegal is illegal and I get that, but don't form a habit and try to break it without warning. And I'm glad to live on a street where such people stick together!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

4th of July Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... Sep '17 INFIDEL 877
News Happy birthday to the United States of America Aug '17 C Kersey 2
News Obama Regularly Used 4th of July to Push Progre... Aug '17 C Kersey 29
News Fireworks pollute the atmosphere and disturb birds Jul '17 CabotRes 2
News Pittsfield prepares to march together for July ... Jul '17 Funnybunnyfunnyliar 26
News MS Firefighters Urging Caution with Fireworks Jul '17 Firefighters on N... 4
News Hot dogs, parades, fireworks: US celebrates Fou... Jul '17 Stop the Horribles 7
More from around the web