NHL Player's Winning Goal Sparks Raci...

NHL Player's Winning Goal Sparks Racist Tweets

There are 1 comment on the WESH-TV story from Apr 27, 2012, titled NHL Player's Winning Goal Sparks Racist Tweets. In it, WESH-TV reports that:

As Joel Ward's Washington Capitals teammates swarmed their new hero after his playoff series-winning goal against the NHL's defending champions Wednesday night, more sinister emotions were swirling on social media.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WESH-TV.

Mets Fan Forever

Maywood, NJ

#1 Apr 28, 2012
The worst case of racism at a sports event was in July of 1999 when I was at a Mets vs Yankees game at Shea Stadium. Wyclef Jean of the Fugees was playing guitar and a African-American woman was singing the National Anthem and those "wonderful" Yankee supporters expressed their displeasure by booing and yelling the N-word because they wanted the WHITE OPERA SINGER!!!! I'm surprised that those crude Bronx guido Yankee fans didn't break out the Italian & Confederate Flags and start doing HEIL HITLER salutes. After the anthem, I was so disgusted that I almost left the stadium but I stayed and the Mets won that night. And it pisses me off that many African-Americans wear the GARBAGE YANKEES CAP considering that the Yankees organization was one of the biggest hate groups (They didn't break the color barrier until 1955, 8 years after Jackie Robinson because George Weiss didn't want to offend their fan base (Translation: Mostly Suburban Italian Rednecks). Thank god I'm a Mets fan!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne Simmonds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Philadelphia Flyers' Simmonds Needed for Caroli... (Feb '13) Feb '13 John James 1
News Philadelphia Flyers' Zac Rinaldo Knows his Role (Feb '13) Feb '13 John James 1
News Should the Flyers Gamble on Alex Semin? (Jul '12) Jul '12 dman 2
News Philadelphia Flyers rookies step up in NHL play... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Marissa 2 1
News Monday Morning Fly By: A Sad Farewell to Philly... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Marissa 2 2
News Flyers try for rare victory in Nashville (Jan '12) Jan '12 Marissa 2 1
News NHL calls banana thrown at Simmonds 'stupid and... (Sep '11) Oct '11 Lonely in Kinmount 5
More from around the web