Jackets rattled by referees' calls in...

Jackets rattled by referees' calls in 4-3 loss to Red Wings | T...

There are 2 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 7, 2010, titled Jackets rattled by referees' calls in 4-3 loss to Red Wings | T.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

In a dizzying three-minute span of the third period, Detroit's Jonathan Ericsson lost his balance, the Blue Jackets lost their lead, and two of their best players lost their composure.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

wingsfan

Grove City, OH

#1 Apr 7, 2010
I agree that the Blunden call was weak, Ericsson clearly lost an edge. However, Mr. Noel needs to break out the NHL rule book. Neither the Bertuzzi goal last week or the Holmstrom goal tonight were the result of direct kick into the net. Incidental deflections have always counted.

Furthermore, Tomas Holmstrom is the most closely watched player in the NHL for goalie interference, if he was interfering it would have been called.

I also don't know what Mr. Noel is talking about as far as the Wings getting all the calls such as the Bertuzzi goal least week. The Red Wings have had 20 goals reviewed and/or called back this year. I think it would be hard to find a team more scrutinized.

It is time to use some perspective in Columbus, and for a coach to complain about the refs shows that he had no answers for Detroit tonight. Nonetheless the Jackets played a good game despite all else and I wish them luck on Friday.
feces for jesus

New York, NY

#2 Apr 8, 2010
Get Zherdev back !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Bertuzzi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Players worry if Winter Classic is cut, season ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Jim beam 1
News Sharks Take 2-0 Series Lead With 2-1 Win Over R... (May '11) May '11 Gomer 1
News Red Wings' Mike Modano talks about wrist injury... (Nov '10) Nov '10 leave a comment 1
News Steve Moore says he's angry over change in his ... (Mar '07) Jul '10 DEV STARR 78
News Michael Arace commentary: Detroit is old, and o... (May '10) May '10 chris 26
News Michael Arace commentary: Detroit is old, and o... (May '10) May '10 Fish 56
News Red Wings 3, Blue Jackets 2: Tough loss to take... (Apr '10) Apr '10 sore losers 2
More from around the web