Loss to Calgary leaves Minnesota Wild...

Loss to Calgary leaves Minnesota Wild three points out of playo...

There are 8 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 28, 2009, titled Loss to Calgary leaves Minnesota Wild three points out of playo.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

If Saturday's 3-2 loss to the Calgary Flames didn't officially kill the Wild's season, it may have finally killed their spirit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Doc T

Apopka, FL

#1 Mar 29, 2009
Getting only 5 shots on goal each period is a serious problem. It really can only be addressed in the off-season. For now, the Wild shouldn't act defeated. Tonight's games is against a team only 3 points ahead and in direct competition for the play-off spot. A win keeps the team very much alive.
opTOMism

Fort Myers, FL

#2 Mar 29, 2009
Anything short of a miracle won't help this group.
Hookey

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 29, 2009
Until Doug Risebrough is gone this team has no chance.
Velvet Fog

United States

#4 Mar 29, 2009
The Wild fans drink the kool-aid. The longest sell out streak in the NHL. The goal is to be make money (not win). They are out-classed (talent) every night. Without Backstrom, they would be the NY Islanders (embarrassing). I wonder how the Wild is doing in the NHL "financial standings". Go get some players, I would leave too if I were Gaborik. Other than Koivu, he has no one e to play with. Final word, when does the silver spoon come out of Sheppard's mouth?
downtowner

Somerset, WI

#5 Mar 29, 2009
Recurrent issues:1) 1st period lethargy (or is it timidity?), 2)lack of offensive skill and coaching. Wild needs aggressive GM
and aggressive coach to build an aggressive winning team. Jacques has had a great hockey school in St. Paul, but that's not what were paying for.
Reagle

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 29, 2009
Although I do not think the Wild will make the play offs, I do think that 3rd goal was a gift from the refs. ANyone that keeps whining about the system is not watching because they play like beginners...everyone goes to the puck.
Another Pathetic Loss

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Mar 29, 2009
Velvet Fog wrote:
The Wild fans drink the kool-aid. The longest sell out streak in the NHL. The goal is to be make money (not win). They are out-classed (talent) every night. Without Backstrom, they would be the NY Islanders (embarrassing). I wonder how the Wild is doing in the NHL "financial standings". Go get some players, I would leave too if I were Gaborik. Other than Koivu, he has no one e to play with. Final word, when does the silver spoon come out of Sheppard's mouth?
Amen to that, couldnt have said it better myself..P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C and DR has to go and lets start from scratch again, only this time lets get some physical players that check and can stay in front of the opposing teams net, as well as keep these friggin' other teams out of our crease, sheeesh!!!!

Since: Oct 08

Andover, MN

#8 Mar 29, 2009
Velvet Fog wrote:
The Wild fans drink the kool-aid.
The Wild go lay an egg and you take a shot at the fans. That makes sense. Are the fans enabling by continuing to buy tickets and merchandise? Yep. That's what fans do. How about we leave the fans be and take the shots where warranted? Like DR and JL. DR is saddled the team with very few stars and a lot of role players...and very little cap room.

If I were GM for a day:
Get Gaborik on a one year incentive ladden deal...to let him rebuild his rep and to allow us to trade him for something. We lose him for nothing (even though that is something I have espoused repeatedly), we're in a deep hole. Sign Saku Koivu. Move Johnsson for a center. Resign Harding (he's restricted). Extend Clutterbuck. Sign Foster to a two-way deal (if that's allowed in the CBA). Send Sheppard & Gillies to the minors at the start of next year. Give Scott a regular shift. Resign Veilleux for about the same amount of $$. Too many good defensive / penalty kill minutes to let leave. Let Bergeron go as a free agent.

What other ideas are floating out there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephane Veilleux Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephane Veilleux (Nov '09) Nov '09 J-No 2
News Wild's Marian Gaborik poised to skate away (Jun '09) Jun '09 jsf 51
News Aaron Portzline looks ahead: Minnesota (Jun '09) Jun '09 beat blue rackets 2
News Minnesota Wild sign 6-foot-8, 260-pound John Scott (Apr '09) Apr '09 kecker 12
News Wild's Gaborik 'open to everything' (Apr '09) Apr '09 BillVice 14
News Defenseman Kurtis Foster among Minnesota Wild's... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Julia 8
News Tom Powers: Minnesota Wild's fate rested on hop... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Same Old 5
More from around the web