Wild's Marian Gaborik poised to skate...

Wild's Marian Gaborik poised to skate away

There are 51 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 29, 2009, titled Wild's Marian Gaborik poised to skate away. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. Barring a drastic turn of events, Marian Gaborik's days with the Minnesota Wild appear done.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Scruffy

United States

#1 Jun 29, 2009
Unreal! I mean, unless you know you can get someone else in the top tier, you have to try. Granted his injury history but if the doc says 93% and he comes back and throws 10 in, in 11 games, there may be something left in the tank. Now, on the other hand, of he really wanted to stay or at least look into it, he would instruct Salcer to call. I guess Boogy will be gone sooner than later also.
Brian

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jun 30, 2009
It appears the common factor is Salcer and Gaby. It will be very interesting to find out why they didn't make an offer if they don't do so by Wed.
Good riddance

Becker, MN

#3 Jun 30, 2009
I won't miss him. That money can be used on a good player without the paper thin glass groin, and who also isn't the head case diva that Gabby is. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya Gabby. Another team can deal with your "hackeysack" injuries. LMAO
agents

Becker, MN

#4 Jun 30, 2009
Remember too, that the vast majority of agents are scum sucking bottom feeders. Gabby doesn't have much upstairs, and this Salcer scum-sucker has convinced Gabby he is worth way more than the $8 mil the Wild offered. I have a hunch free agency will correct that belief.
opTOMism

Cape Coral, FL

#5 Jun 30, 2009
A trade would have been nice.......oh well, move on.
wow

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jun 30, 2009
I was hoping that DR and JL were the reason Gaborik wanted out. Now I see that's not true. One day he'll regret not taking the $8m a year the Wild offered him.

Fine...go to LA and play on that crappy ice Marian!

Since: Jun 08

Apple Valley, MN

#7 Jun 30, 2009
Sign an overpaid glass-groined ego-driven injury-prone diva?? Wow, sign us up!!!

Bah, forget him, we got the cap space back that was being wasted on him. Let's use it on someone that actually place more than a week straight. And as long as I'm dreaming, how about a guy that plays both ends of the ice??
petegsmith

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jun 30, 2009
Time to move on ... new regime ... new focus ... new players.
petegsmith

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jun 30, 2009
Boogaard is terrible ... nothing but a Brock Lesner on skates. Even Basil McCrae scored a goal every now and then ... goon all the way round.
Broten

Whitby, Canada

#10 Jun 30, 2009
It's one thing to say you want to play more exciting goal-scoring hockey but you need the players to do it and I don't see it. Brodziak is not the answer and losing Gaborik won't help. Everyone talks about Lemaire's style of hockey but don't forget his Devils led the league in scoring the year they won the Cup. You have to play a style that will let you win with the talent you have and right now the Wild do not have players who can finish consistantly. I didn't see that change with the draft and if Fletcher can't secure a free agent, Gaborik included it will be a long season.
the golden eel

United States

#11 Jun 30, 2009
I'm not sure what it is, but that Salcer guy really bugs me. I just get this slimy-used-car-salesman vibe from him every time I read a comment of his. I wonder who really doesn't want Gaborik to play for the Wild - Gaborik or Salcer.

“I'm not crying... Winning!”

Since: Oct 08

Twin Cities, USA

#12 Jun 30, 2009
With players like the Sedin twins, Marian Hossa, Martin Havlat, Mike Komisarek and Mathieu Schneider, wingers Alex Kovalev and Alex Tanguay and Saku Koivu, Matthias Ohlund, Paul Mara and Sergei Zubov on the market, I'm thinking Fletcher may already have some people in mind. If he can bring in one or more of these players, we would be doing alright.
johns6797

Houston, TX

#13 Jun 30, 2009
I think it is entirely possible that the Wild have corroborated the story about Marian buying a home in Vancouver and will file tampering charges against the Can-hacks if Glass-groin Gabby signs on there.

It's too bad...Gaborik has million dollar talent and a $.05 head. He'll still probably light it up wherever he lands next but those posters who wrote about the common factor in this situation being Salcer and Gaborik are correct. Salcer is a schiester and a sleaze.

Let's hope Brent Burns realizes this before Salcer sells him out too. Let's hope too that Chuck Fletcher can get high-end free agent or two in here and make Salcer/Gaborik look like the dummies they are for leaving.
Jsf

United States

#14 Jun 30, 2009
you fans have to take off your rose colored glasses. minnesota has a nice arena thats it. but until minnesota proves its an organizition worth playing for than its a 2nd rate hockey town for great players free agents until it does prove it. im sure pavel datsuk is dying to come here so he can skate next to boogard, veilux etc. 3 goal a year scorers.

minnesoat is not the hockey town its fans think it is.

“Obamacs at it's finest!”

Since: Mar 09

Anytown, Minnesota........

#15 Jun 30, 2009
Jsf wrote:
you fans have to take off your rose colored glasses. minnesota has a nice arena thats it. but until minnesota proves its an organizition worth playing for than its a 2nd rate hockey town for great players free agents until it does prove it. im sure pavel datsuk is dying to come here so he can skate next to boogard, veilux etc. 3 goal a year scorers.
you are correct in one thing you wrote...Minnesoat ( as you spelled it)is NOT a hockey town, heck it isn't even spelled right...Minnesota is a STATE...must have skipped Geography that day...come to think of it, Spelling class too huh?
umm

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jun 30, 2009
Salcer sucks.

Vancouver gets groin-boy, loses pinky and the brain, and falls to the bottom of a so-so division.

Hate to see such talent leave, but the dude will get injured again.

How about a guy that can score, and has heart to win (NOT Hossa).
T-Bone

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jun 30, 2009
Does anyone know how to remove names from the back of #10 sweaters? I am never buying one with a player's name on it again except for maybe a Viking Favre jersey.
umm

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jun 30, 2009
Jsf wrote:
FYI - "Minnesoat" is a state. St. Paul is a town.

For example, you live in Denver, which is a town. And your town of Denver is located in a state, Colorado.

Little geography lesson for all you Avs fans out there from your friends in MinnesoTA.
Glen

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Jun 30, 2009
I think Gabby should go. His constant injuries are not worth the money we are paying him. Unfortunately, I have to agree with johns6797, this will be an experience much like KG with the Wolves. He's going to go to a team that has the money to land him and probably be much more effective than he ever was here. Then we'll all sit back and watch him with a couple of Stanley Cups and ask ourselves how we could ever let him go. But, also much like the Wolves, it probably won't be this year, maybe not even next year, but it will make them a better team by letting him go. I have faith in the new management that they know what they are doing.
Choices

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jun 30, 2009
Marian has been consistent ... about being about Marian. Fine, but his agent is trying to play the "Marian is misunderstood/underappreciated " card.

And when the time came to perform in the playoffs two years ago, talk about a no-show. He needs to get his Euro style in a softer system and we need more folks who look to get hits rather than avoid them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephane Veilleux Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephane Veilleux (Nov '09) Nov '09 J-No 2
News Aaron Portzline looks ahead: Minnesota (Jun '09) Jun '09 beat blue rackets 2
News Minnesota Wild sign 6-foot-8, 260-pound John Scott (Apr '09) Apr '09 kecker 12
News Wild's Gaborik 'open to everything' (Apr '09) Apr '09 BillVice 14
News Defenseman Kurtis Foster among Minnesota Wild's... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Julia 8
News Tom Powers: Minnesota Wild's fate rested on hop... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Same Old 5
News As Minnesota Wild fight for spot in playoffs, s... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Grassy Knoll 20
More from around the web