How Much For Your Wizard: Will the Pi...

How Much For Your Wizard: Will the Pittsburgh Penguins Trade For Ray Whitney?

There are 1 comment on the BleacherReport story from Feb 3, 2010, titled How Much For Your Wizard: Will the Pittsburgh Penguins Trade For Ray Whitney?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

In today's salary cap era, NHL general managers must make difficult decisions on how and where to spend their money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#1 Feb 5, 2010
I was stunned, at first, that NJ was able to land Kovalchuk, but ultimately I think the Thrashers got the better end of the deal, at least in terms how the teams will stack up against us. Bergfors was a Penguins-killer, and Oduya has always been a solid defensive presence agianst us, while Kovalchuck hasn't done much. Also remains to be seen how he'll fit in with the Devils' team-first, D-first philosophy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sergei Gonchar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dallas - Edmonton Trade Proposal (Nov '13) Nov '13 JSP 1
News Lehner makes 32 saves to lead Ottawa over Boston (Feb '12) Mar '12 miniaoariel 4
News Senators get four of five NHL All-Star Game sta... (Jan '12) Jan '12 dmc 3
News Senators sign Gonchar (Jul '10) Sep '10 The Trout 5
News Latest News: Cooke agrees to three-year deal wi... (Jun '10) Jun '10 denise 1
News NHL notebook: Perfect power play carries Pengui... (May '10) May '10 Chief Powhatan 1
News Penguins come back to beat Lightning (Mar '10) Mar '10 Bob Roberts 4