Martin finally gets 500th

Craig Anderson wore the Panthers' hero cape around his neck. Shawn Matthias sported a smile that had been on his face since the day before. Full Story
Johnny Vermont

United States

#1 Jan 19, 2008
Let Matthias play 8 more games and more than likely he should stay.

Cohen, don't be cheap!!! Keep the kid and it won't matter that you lose a year on his contract. Keeping him up may be all that you need to have him feel loyalty to the Club. At that point he will want to re-sign for longer terms.

He has the skill and poise, and at this point it does not appear that it is too soon.

It's time to move Stumpy and Mezei. JM wake up and make this team better (through trades and you stepping down as coach).
Andy

Hollywood, FL

#2 Jan 19, 2008
Nice win by the Cats last night

Would be nice for 2 in a row, however, I will not hold my breath
Ryan

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Jan 19, 2008
Keep Matthias up for an extended period of time to see how confident he can become this year. Shows the ability to have special talent in this young mans NHL. He's going to be a good one. A huge upgrade over Stumpel!!! This team needs to show confidence that it is the best team in the Southeast. They are 4 pts behind with 2 less games over Carolina. A strong week and we can be the 3 seed in the Eastern Conference. Must play good defense every night because they have the goaltending to go on a run. Let's see how well Matthias can do. Go Panthers!
Good win

Deerfield Beach, FL

#4 Jan 19, 2008
Good win by the Panthers, and way to go Martin on your 500th win. Now, make them practice hard so they'll play hard at game time. Need to win 2 or 3 in a row boys.
Vic B

United States

#5 Jan 19, 2008
I have not written in over 5 games.We will see tonite if we have any guts/fortitude.Probably not.Booth is the real deal folks and Matthias impressed me.Really time to shake up this team and get rid of dead wood.Our future is in players like Booth,Kreps,Olesz,Vokoun,Ander son,and even Horton now.I will watch them tonite-if they lose I am gone for good!Waiting for Red Barons analysis
RED BARON

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Jan 19, 2008
Nice (and rare) win in a tough barn. Nevertheless, it's pretty sad when a rookie (Booth), an AHL goalie (Anderson) and a 19 year old Junior's OHL call up (Mattias) have to show the rest of our 1st round draft picks how to play real hockey. I still think this season is a wash, but it is nice to see the team play spoiler once in a while. Congrats to JM on his 500th win. He sure won't get to his 600th win with the way he runs this team. Knowing Cohen's history, players like Mattias and Booth will be playing for other franchises once they really hit their career best years or they ask for more money. I hate to sound so pessimistic, but this is how it has been for over 10 years with this club. They have always played farm team to the rest of the NHL and if Bouwmeester leaves the tradition will only continue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ruslan Salei Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stream online Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche (Dec '09) Dec '09 Craig T Nelson 1
Blocking ultimate sacrifice for Panthers (Dec '07) Dec '08 Wait a Minute 18
Martin's future as Panthers coach, GM in question (Mar '08) Apr '08 Rich in Ann Arbor 65
Vokoun back in goal for Florida Panthers (Mar '08) Mar '08 Briere 37
Panthers make deadline deals with Avs, Leafs (Feb '08) Feb '08 Stuu 11
Panthers suffer biggest loss of season (Feb '08) Feb '08 JimH 78
Late losses 'getting mental' (Feb '08) Feb '08 Now READ This 36
More from around the web