Panthers claim center Garth Murray of...

Panthers claim center Garth Murray off waivers

There are 12 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 13, 2007, titled Panthers claim center Garth Murray off waivers. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Panthers have claimed center Garth Murray off waivers from the Montreal Canadiens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

FLASucks

Hollywood, FL

#1 Nov 13, 2007
Only in Panther land will this type of trade appease the fans.
Wounded Panther

United States

#2 Nov 13, 2007
FLASucks wrote:
Only in Panther land will this type of trade appease the fans.
First Cullimore and now Garth Murray?

This is UNREAL.

Next up, Garth Brooks will be brought in to stop pucks and drive the Rick Case Zamboni during the Coca-Cola intermission, in a Complete Power Solutions t-shirt.

This team is rapidly becoming a bad joke.
hockey fan

Miami, FL

#3 Nov 13, 2007
Wounded Panther wrote:
<quoted text>
This is UNREAL.
Next up, Garth Brooks will be brought in to stop pucks and drive the Rick Case Zamboni during the Coca-Cola intermission, in a Complete Power Solutions t-shirt.
You're a beaut! 1st you complain about how bad we need an agitator/fighter, and now you complain about who the Panthers pick up, You need a LIFE!
Plus Cullimore is a sound d-man, nothing flashy, old time hockey-- which again you've been screaming for.
You are terrible
RED BARON

Deerfield Beach, FL

#4 Nov 13, 2007
Wounded Panther wrote:
<quoted text>
This is UNREAL.
Hey Wounded. Maybe Martin just got confused and thought it was Glen Murray from Boston?
Tom

Miami, FL

#5 Nov 13, 2007
RED BARON wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Wounded. Maybe Martin just got confused and thought it was Glen Murray from Boston?
Saw that one coming from a million miles away.....lame
RED BARON

Deerfield Beach, FL

#6 Nov 13, 2007
hockey fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a beaut! 1st you complain about how bad we need an agitator/fighter, and now you complain about who the Panthers pick up, You need a LIFE!
Plus Cullimore is a sound d-man, nothing flashy, old time hockey-- which again you've been screaming for.
You are terrible
You gotta be kidding. Cullimore is way past his prime. He's big and slow. He also doesn't put up points nor is he a fighter. What does he bring to this team? Why do you think Montreal bought out his contract? This type of player is useless in the new NHL.

We do need an agitator\fighter, but Garth Murray? Jeez, Peter Worrell put up better numbers than this joker. Murray's plus/minus is awful for supposedly being a penalty killer. As for being a role player, I'm at a loss as well. We have an entire team of role players. Un-freakin-believable. This season is truly going down the tubes fast and Martin plays the violin as Rome burns to the ground.
RED BARON

Deerfield Beach, FL

#7 Nov 13, 2007
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw that one coming from a million miles away.....lame
Whatever Putz. Get a sense of humor. You'll need it to be a fan of this team.
AMUSED

Wayne, NJ

#8 Nov 13, 2007
Knowing the way the Panthers put a positive spin on everything, Martin will now try to convince everyone, Garth Murray is the second coming of Mario Lemieux!LOL
Victor

Hialeah, FL

#9 Nov 13, 2007
seriously I went to the Hurricanes game and I was so disgusted by the majority of the teams play away from the pick. everyone is just glading across the ice! I brought along two buddies that have never been to a hockey before and I was embarrassed to say this is my favorite sport and this is my favorite team. I refuse to pay to see another game untill something seriously changes with this team. I threw my free hat away on the way out, and someone actually had the never to hand me a pamphlet for seasons tickets/ticket packages! I doubt I'll be catching many games on TV either, especially after this amazing transactions!

Never have I been so pissed off at a sports team in my life up until now
One Brown Eye

AOL

#10 Nov 13, 2007
LOL.............Another ice skater that will do figure eights on the ice...........Pathetic.
JIMBO

United States

#11 Nov 14, 2007
its not like high scoring fowards are readily available on the free agent list. this guy is the best they could do for a fill in spot. what do you guys want.
Amit kumar agrawal

Santa Clara, CA

#12 Apr 30, 2010
Best

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rostislav Olesz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roster Report (May '11) May '11 George 1
News Panthers re-sign Booth, Dvorak (Jul '09) Jul '09 Jack Tupp 54
News Zednik departing NHL to play for KHL's Lokomotiv (May '09) May '09 Roberto 5
News Florida Panthers: Richard Zednik, who suffered ... (Apr '09) May '09 Louie 72
News Panthers' postseason drought now just one off t... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Jack Tupp 18
News Florida Panthers have a busy offseason to-do list (Apr '09) Apr '09 Potvin 46
News Florida Panthers playoff drought leaves fans pa... (Apr '09) Apr '09 The Scurge 17
More from around the web