Leafs, Roberto Luongo rumours already swirling

Jan 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBC News

Roberto Luongo is reported to be on the market, although the Canucks could still opt to keep him and then either trade or buy him out at the end of the 2013-'14 campaign.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Brando

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Just get it done
Jonathan

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Wish they would we would love to have him in the net that would fix the leafs
LillGilly93

Oakville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

How does this sound. Luongo and Kassian for Kessel and Kadri. Serves purpose for both teams. Nucks need sniper and centreman. Leafs need golie and more size.
glen

Westbank, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

if they do not get lou from the canucks they stll need another vetern goalie like berner from la or ty conklin
Myles

North Battleford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Luo for Mcarthur n blacker 2nd round pick...if not wat would u give?
sid_treviso

Richmond Hill, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

LillGilly93 you must be retarded of some sort? Give up the leafs only scoring for a 33 year old goalie with a 10 year contract? Luongo and Raymond for Bozak and Kadri and a 2nd is the strong rumor I'm hearing which gives Toronto it's 1st line centre and a Goalie.
thegibby

Fredericton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

who's the first line ceter?
Gibby

Tecumseh, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

I say give Kadri, Bozak and a 2nd (there is no way i would give up gardner)
chulookin

Nanaimo, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Keep Lou, Lou brought the Nucks out of the position the Leafs are now in.
John

Oakville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

glen wrote:
if they do not get lou from the canucks they stll need another vetern goalie like berner from la or ty conklin
How does anyone label Bernier a "veteran" goalie? Although Bernier may have skill, Reimer has more experience.

Since: Dec 12

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I feel if this trade was to happen it would have already, the longer it takes the less likely it will happen

Since: Dec 12

Oshawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Also bernier wasn't that great in his few games last year. His 1 million price says so.
burrsitis

Peterborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

VITAMING wrote:
I feel if this trade was to happen it would have already, the longer it takes the less likely it will happen
the league was locked out man. No moves were allowed to even be discussed until Sunday. But your probably right a 24 hour window means we probably won't get him now LMAO..Im not even a huge hockey fan
chulookin

Nanaimo, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

As soon as the nucks got Lou, great things started happening in the WIN column. go to the ahl site to review the points out put of the players you want to give up for some one who took their team out of the basement then compare them to an experienced nhl players points out put & see how they match up please
kevan

Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

thegibby wrote:
who's the first line ceter?
first line centre are you nuts, Raymond... Raymond lol.. maybe be lucky to excel on third.. has the feet but no hands
Landon

Swift Current, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

I hope they dont do something stupid like trade forluongo. He has way too many years on a stupid contract. and he isnt really that good. We dont need a top notch goalie yet anyway. we need a top notch team in front of our goalie before we put that big name in net. I see they have traded lombardi for a fourth round pick or a third if certain conditions are met.I think they are making room for some of our younger prospects.
sal

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

We are at the bottom of the barrel get Luongo and move on to the play-offs already.
Tom Rintjema

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

I think the Leafs should re sign Johnny Bower if they want a veteran goalie.while your at it Darryl Sittler would make a great first line centre with Frank Mahovlich on the left side and Ron Ellis on right wing.Dig up Punch Imlach and make him coach.Get with the program Leafs DON T trade any more good young players or ANY MORE FUCKIN draft picks.This is the new NHL its a younger game than it used to be.Look at Pittsburg or Edmonton and learn from them.If you re thinking about trading Gardner or Kadri your Nuts.You already gave up a lot for Kessel. Learn from your bonehead mistakes. Please let me be GM for 3 years I ll teach you how to win
Get Serious

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Actually Tom, You ARE AN IDIOT
Landon

Prince Albert, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

luongo wont gaurantee a playoff position. but he will guaratee our cap hit will be in dire straights for ten plus years. he is just not the answer enough said

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Roberto Luongo Discussions

Search the Roberto Luongo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Canucks trade Roberto Luongo to Florida Panthers Mar '14 Faithful Fan 1
Vancouver, meet your newest Canucks - Hunter Sh... (Jul '13) Jul '13 fact up 3
New York Rangers Rumors: Alain Vigneault Hiring... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Forward thinker 1
NHL Trade Rumors: Leafs, Flyers, Bruins, Stars,... (Mar '13) May '13 DMAN 3
Luongo Trade Talks Reportedly On Again (Mar '13) Apr '13 dreamer 7
NHL trade deadline: Derek Roy a Canuck; Goodbye... (Apr '13) Apr '13 adinabby 1
TradeCentre: Sunday's rumours from around the NHL (Mar '13) Mar '13 Theottawacup 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••